Swede dies in accident in Hua Hin

webfact

On 12/2/2016 at 4:47 PM, kokopelli said:

Just a hunch, but as the one driver saw the red light coming he sped up and the other driver possibly jumped the light.  I often see this, at intersections, no one looks or waits a bit when the light turns green, just go forward.

Yes and if its one of the lights with the seconds ticking down they take off at two seconds before green.

5 hours ago, gdgbb said:

From the full report...

" At an intersection, the driver stopped at a red light. When it turned green, he drove out."

So much for your hunch.

So you are assuming that the full report is fully accurate. Did you just get here.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2559 at 6:37 PM, DavisH said:

Quite...I've driven over 300K kms in Thailand and rarely see out-right dangerous driving (yes there's some stupidity, but one comes to expect that). I find most drivers are courteous.....a small percentage are not. 

I suppose that's why Thailand has the SECOND HIGHEST road fatality rating in the world....Because they are so "courteous"....................

This is the reason you'll never see me on a bike.

I drive a car and no accidents yet , just a few bikes trying to bump into me. If they do they will feel the pain , not me. 

15 hours ago, Grubster said:

So you are assuming that the full report is fully accurate. Did you just get here.

And you are assuming that it's not, why would you assume that or are you trying to assert that every report about everything here is wrong?

18 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

And you are assuming that it's not, why would you assume that or are you trying to assert that every report about everything here is wrong?

Well if I had to guess chances are 90/10 against there being witnesses stating that the motorbike did not jump the light. And yes nearly every story I read here that comes from the Thai authorities is changed in one way or another by the Thai Authorities within days.

I sure wouldn't want you on a jury if the first story is the gospel in your eyes. I have rarely not seen a motorbike jump the light here and I think Kokopelli only said that the guy may have just proceeded as soon as the light turned green rather than looking right and left as "most" westerners were thought to do in drivers education during high school. You jumped his ass for saying that. Again did you just get here or have you not noticed the bikes jumping the lights here?

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

Well if I had to guess chances are 90/10 against there being witnesses stating that the motorbike did not jump the light. And yes nearly every story I read here that comes from the Thai authorities is changed in one way or another by the Thai Authorities within days.

I sure wouldn't want you on a jury if the first story is the gospel in your eyes. I have rarely not seen a motorbike jump the light here and I think Kokopelli only said that the guy may have just proceeded as soon as the light turned green rather than looking right and left as "most" westerners were thought to do in drivers education during high school. You jumped his ass for saying that. Again did you just get here or have you not noticed the bikes jumping the lights here?

As you say yourself, you are guessing and assuming, so I'll leave you to guess and assume when I got here.  In the meantime I'll to go along with actual witnesses reports rather than guesses.

It's really irrelevant whether I, or anyone else, have seen bikes here jumping the lights, the OP is about one specific bike that, according to witnesses didn't jump one specific light.

By the way, I didn't "jump anyone's ass", why bring sex into this?  Hang on, just had a thought, you're not American, are you?

8 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

As you say yourself, you are guessing and assuming, so I'll leave you to guess and assume when I got here.  In the meantime I'll to go along with actual witnesses reports rather than guesses.

It's really irrelevant whether I, or anyone else, have seen bikes here jumping the lights, the OP is about one specific bike that, according to witnesses didn't jump one specific light.

By the way, I didn't "jump anyone's ass", why bring sex into this?  Hang on, just had a thought, you're not American, are you?

Where in this story does it say "witnesses" saw that the biker waited for the light to turn green?  Did you not assume that? It is very relevant that kokopelli had a hunch that that may have happened in a country where it happens more often than not.

The fact that you think saying someone jumped someones ass for saying something is a sexual statement tells me that there is  no chance that you are an American.               My guess you have been here one week.

29 minutes ago, Grubster said:

From the article

Since they were going in different directions, they chose different means of transport. The 68-year-old took a motorcycle taxi.
At an intersection, the driver stopped at a red light. When it turned green, he drove out.
“Then a car ran a red light in very, very high speed on the main road. When the driver saw the red light coming, he gassed up instead of slowing down,”

2 minutes ago, bokningar said:

From the article

Since they were going in different directions, they chose different means of transport. The 68-year-old took a motorcycle taxi.
At an intersection, the driver stopped at a red light. When it turned green, he drove out.
“Then a car ran a red light in very, very high speed on the main road. When the driver saw the red light coming, he gassed up instead of slowing down,”

Where does it say a witness said that?

5 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Where in this story does it say "witnesses" saw that the biker waited for the light to turn green?  Did you not assume that? It is very relevant that kokopelli had a hunch that that may have happened in a country where it happens more often than not.

The fact that you think saying someone jumped someones ass for saying something is a sexual statement tells me that there is  no chance that you are an American.               My guess you have been here one week.

"...tells me that there is  no chance that you are an American."

Yes, I am happy to say that is absolutely spot on.

"My guess you have been here one week."

Massively wrong but you knew that.

4 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Where does it say a witness said that?

Where does it say that it wasn't said by a witness but was made up, as you seem to be asserting, and why would you want to assert that anyway?

You're on your own now, Grubster, I think what you're doing now is bickering and I don't think that is allowed here.

58 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Where does it say that it wasn't said by a witness but was made up, as you seem to be asserting, and why would you want to assert that anyway?

You're on your own now, Grubster, I think what you're doing now is bickering and I don't think that is allowed here.

Bye

On 12/3/2016 at 11:33 AM, spidermike007 said:

Even more astonishing than that, is the guy who cuts in front of you, while entering the highway. Often I am cruising along at 100-120kph, and a guy cuts in front of me at a very unsafe distance. I look behind me, and there is nobody for quite some distance. Which means, that if he had waited 3 seconds, he would have been able to safely enter the highway, without putting the lives and safety of him, his entire family, and all of the people driving on the highway in his vicinity at risk. Surely, he could have seen that there was nobody behind me. 

Is that due to a complete lack of consciousness, a total lack of patience, a desire to deliberately entertain risk, a real lack of driving skills, a complete lack of courtesy, or just a lack of common sense? Or all of the above? 

Popular mythology claims that traffic already on the main thoroughfare giving way to traffic entering or merging is the rule of law in Thailand and not the more logical converse of merging traffic giving way to traffic already on the main thoroughfare which is the law that we as foreigners are more familiar with. That is why you will get a vehicle pull into traffic slowly and then crawl along waiting for the break in traffic as their code also specifically does not advise to accelerate quickly up to speed of traffic.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:37 AM, DavisH said:

Quite...I've driven over 300K kms in Thailand and rarely see out-right dangerous driving (yes there's some stupidity, but one comes to expect that). I find most drivers are courteous.....a small percentage are not. 

You obviously have an exceptionally high standard when it comes to "out-right dangerous driving"

I have seen as many as 20 high speed red light runners at a red light. I have never not seen

drivers passing into oncoming traffic when doing a border bounce and the list goes on. The driving

is so bad I am surprised the death rate is not double what it is. I think the only reason it is not is most

Thai drivers understand there compatriots drive like loonies and are always ready to react to the

bus doing a U-Turn into oncoming traffic if they are just scooters coming at them,as the busses have nothing

to fear etc...etc..The numbers speak for themselves. I have driven in about 60 countries worldwide, Asia, Africa,

Europe, Oceania, North and South and Central America and Thailand tops the list by a long shot as the place

I see the worst drivers.

On 12/6/2016 at 5:29 AM, NanLaew said:

Popular mythology claims that traffic already on the main thoroughfare giving way to traffic entering or merging is the rule of law in Thailand and not the more logical converse of merging traffic giving way to traffic already on the main thoroughfare which is the law that we as foreigners are more familiar with. That is why you will get a vehicle pull into traffic slowly and then crawl along waiting for the break in traffic as their code also specifically does not advise to accelerate quickly up to speed of traffic.

'

Sorry, but it is hard to refer to that as a code. Rather a complete and total lack of common sense, applied intelligence, reason, or science. It is dangerous, and that myth leads to countless deaths. And the government is directly responsible. They are not involved in educating drivers, nor are they interested in traffic safety, as evidence by the extreme apathy on the part of the police and the highway patrol.

Archived