Paying Bills in my Ansence

jamie2009

I have a rented house in Pattaya, I return to the UK on a regular basis.

I pay my Water, Electricity and Internet direct to the suppliers, cash on a monthly basis, 7/11 for Water and Electricity, the Internet in the Shop, 3BB.

Can I set up via the Bank or otherwise to pay the said Bills in my absence like I would do in the UK, Direct Debit etc.

Suspect bills might have to be in your name but you could ask bank - water and electric can be set up for direct payment from bank account (we have used for several decades without any errors).  Also have for True Internet so expect 3BB might also work (and that might be in your name?).

37 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Suspect bills might have to be in your name but you could ask bank - water and electric can be set up for direct payment from bank account (we have used for several decades without any errors).  Also have for True Internet so expect 3BB might also work (and that might be in your name?).

Electric and water bills can be in any name, to set up direct credit. As long as you admit to pay.

That is correct, my house is in a company name but my electric and water are paid directly from my SCB bank account

The bank could care less who's name the account is in, so long as you have the correct form (get it from your bank , take it to the utility, and then back to the bank and you are good to go, a month or so later 

You can subscribe with 3BB to receive the monthly invoice by email and pay for it online on their website with your credit card. Alternatively I assume it should be possible to make a transfer from your bank account to 3BB via online banking.

28 minutes ago, khunano said:

You can subscribe with 3BB to receive the monthly invoice by email and pay for it online on their website with your credit card. Alternatively I assume it should be possible to make a transfer from your bank account to 3BB via online banking.

You can make a Direct debit to pay 3BB.

Like others I use DD to pay water electric and internet (3BB) and never had a problem with any.

Edited by Expattaff1308

If you don't pay the bills the utilities will come and take away the meters and you will have to go to there offices and pay what is owing plus reconnect fees tthen wait for them to get around to reconnecting services. I had to go through this . 

25 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

Thanks everyone for the info, as a matter of interest what happens if you don't pay the bill on time ?

They cut you off and charge for reconnection.

3BB can be temporarily suspended so you do not get a bill.

I pay 3BB and ToT by internet banking. I have also paid in advance, which works but the statements are not exactly able to handle it.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

1 hour ago, lungbing said:

One advantage of a direct debit to pay the utilities is that you are sent a monthly receipt with your name and address on, which may be useful to prove your address, say for a passport renewal.

I pay all those utility's via Internet Banking and have the accounts emailed to me. (also True TV)

Makes accounts very easy to manage.

Paying by direct debit feels a bit "dodgie" to me. Don't think I would authorise a Thai supplier to draw from my bank, when, and how much they choose !

11 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I pay all those utility's via Internet Banking and have the accounts emailed to me. (also True TV)

Makes accounts very easy to manage.

Paying by direct debit feels a bit "dodgie" to me. Don't think I would authorise a Thai supplier to draw from my bank, when, and how much they choose !

It is not dodgie and people have been doing it without issues for decades.  And it works without getting a bill in the mail so much more reliable.  In the case of OP it appears he will not be here to receive any bills.

If you are doing direct debit knowing in advance what your bill is going to be is only necessary if you are going to keep a small amount in your account and then "top it off" when the bill is due

Water Department is all the way in Naklua, adjacent to the railroad/ bypass road. Electric is located near there in the Bamlamung Amphur complex, on Sukumvit.

I think that there is a small electric office on Klang but have never used it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

15 hours ago, burgerking said:

Using the MEA app it will show you your usage and how much you need to pay.

Guess you missed the OP's first post where he states he is in Pattaya,  MEA only services Bangkok and outlying areas, Pattaya is serviced by Provincial Electricity Authority via the Pattaya Electric Office located at 100 Moo.2 Naklua, Pattaya, Chonburi, 20150