BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Family: West Michigan woman stuck in Thailand after escaping abduction

Family: West Michigan woman stuck in Thailand after escaping abduction

BY CASSY ARSENAULT

RAVENNA, Mich. -- A dream vacation to see another part of the world turned into a nightmare for a Ravenna woman.

Alex Fairfield went to Thailand with a friend to check the trip of a lifetime off of her bucket list.  Instead, her family says she was drugged, captured and tied up, forced to escape if she wanted to save her own life.

Her family says they aren't getting enough help to try to bring her home.

"We just really want to get her out of the country and back home," said Alex Moore, Fairfield's brother-in-law.

Full story: http://fox17online.com/2016/12/05/family-west-michigan-woman-stuck-in-thailand-after-escaping-abduction/

-- Fox17Online 2016-12-06

Aren't getting enough help? From whom? Send her some money, she boards a flight home. Problem solved.

The full story makes no sense to me at all.

"When she attempted to go to the airport to get her ticket, the airline who she booked through said they weren't able to do that and didn't give explicit reasons to why," said Moore.  "And ultimately just said 'No, you can't board this flight.' "

This is the first I've heard of this story...it just sounds fabricated...unfortunately, many people have a tendancy to cover their poor behavior and choices by creating absurd victim scenarios...can get a ticket back to the USA for less than 800USD...

To me this story seems to be nothing more than BS and the Ryan Lochte move from Rio is what pops up in my mind...

And the only sourse I can find for this story is FOX news...

Sounds fake to me.  If she was at bar with this friend all the time until he had to pee,  how did she get drugged.   It doesn't take that long to pee.   What did this friend do when he returned to find she was gone?  Did he ask at the bar where she went?  Did he check her room?  Did he go to the police to file a missing person report?  He didn't know her story of a police officer had her, so he had no reason to be afraid to go to the police.  Just doesn't make sense the whole story.

A post with a reference to the Royal Family has been removed.

Please keep the following in mind when posting.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

The story is incomplete. It's hard to tell what really happened based on it so I suggest better to reserve jumping to any final judgments about it.

10 minutes ago, Artisi said:

See Brittany 's post lasted about 1 minute, it was assured the minute she mentioned the unmentionable.

Must be a record of some sort about 20 minutes from first

joining to banned.

For this story I call BS.

BrittanyB  has not been banned but the post has been removed.

Faux news,says it all really.

regards worgeordie

A quick search turned up her sister's Facebook page.  Apparently she literally tried to book the first flight out, which went through China.  Without a Chinese Visa or a connecting flight out already booked, they wouldn't let her on the plane.

Her friends and family in Michigan seem to be under the impression that the US Embassy is here to help US citizens.  :saai:  They are quickly finding out that that is just not true. 

Looking at the thin clues here, how is the embassy supposed to deal with such a matter if the victim is unwilling to file a police report? OK. so the story says she thinks a policeman was involved. That would be very disturbing but on the other hand aren't cases of fake police rather common here? 

On the airport story, sounds just like bad reporting. I can see not boarding her but what would stop the airline from saying why not? 

1 hour ago, otherstuff1957 said:

A quick search turned up her sister's Facebook page.  Apparently she literally tried to book the first flight out, which went through China.  Without a Chinese Visa or a connecting flight out already booked, they wouldn't let her on the plane.

Her friends and family in Michigan seem to be under the impression that the US Embassy is here to help US citizens.  :saai:  They are quickly finding out that that is just not true. 

The US Embassy and other embassies try to pawn off responsibilities on local co-workers and friends.   Avoiding the smug, ineffectual government employee abroad keeps one's blood pressure low and outlook bright.

Sadly, she does not seem to know anything about the place where she was abducted or where her escape took place.  You should always know where you are.