Family: West Michigan woman stuck in Thailand after escaping abduction

webfact

1 hour ago, Canuck50 said:

No visa required if it is simply a connecting flight through Chine, I do it often. If she booked separate flights with a lay over in Chine, different story!

I would put my money on either the credit card idea or perhaps they were concerned about her medical condition (physical or mental) for a long international flight? I saw pics on her sister's FB page and her chin, chest, and hand/wrist were obviously injured. Maybe she needs a medical certificate for the flight?

Read otherstuffs comment. She didnt have a visa nor a connecting flight out. That is why they refused her boarding. You always have a connecting flight out and thus no problem. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Read otherstuffs comment. She didnt have a visa nor a connecting flight out. That is why they refused her boarding. You always have a connecting flight out and thus no problem. 

Maybe...From her sister's FB:

" ***Update: She is at the airport and is going to try to let us know when she takes off for China. She has a long layover there, but at least she will be out of Bangkok" ...implying that they did have a connecting flight.

Then:

" ***1:20pm They are not letting them on the plane! This is insane!!!!! We are suspicious at this point, so we have been advised she leave the airport and go back into hiding. "

But her mother said in a video interview I watched that "the airline cancelled the flight without giving reason" implying the whole flight was cancelled.

Hard to know exactly what happened at this point but hopefully more information will come in due course. 

Something is very fishy about the story.  You don't need a visa for US transit passengers in China.  US passport holders get a 72 visa free transit through China.  Every destination from BKK to ??? then to the US, no direct flights that I know of, don't require any one getting a visa prior to transiting through; Germany, Japan, China, South Korea, Doha, Dubai, Singapore, Istanbul, France, UK, the list goes on and on. 
There are more questions to this story than holes in a colander.  Where did her friend go? Does she still have her passport? How far away from the place were the bushes?  Those men must have never bothered to look for her.  What airline did she attempt to fly with?  Is her 30 day stay in the Kingdom expired? 
Perhaps her friend wanted more than being friends???  Just a thought. 

Yeah, when I first read this thread and the FB postings, I thought, "Hard to believe."

But then after reading the gofundme page, I say, "Total BS."

It looks like the scam worked, though.  Tie anything to "Human Trafficking" and you've got a money maker. 

The so-called injuries look very strange.

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

These BS stories are sweeping the world for the sole reason of pulling USA 50k out of a go fund me website. Woman in the USA just pulled exactly that after being kidnapped but was found alive.. After the money was paid to her husband's account

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Yes, and very similar stories.  Attractive blonde woman kidnapped, but able to escape and later have the presence of mind to setup a gofundme page.

5 minutes ago, mesquite said:

Yeah, when I first read this thread and the FB postings, I thought, "Hard to believe."

But then after reading the gofundme page, I say, "Total BS."

It looks like the scam worked, though.  Tie anything to "Human Trafficking" and you've got a money maker. 

The so-called injuries look very strange.

To me, the injuries look consistent with landing in bushes after jumping from the second level, kinda what she said happened.

54 minutes ago, Canuck50 said:

To me, the injuries look consistent with landing in bushes after jumping from the second level, kinda what she said happened.

Wait your saying that she might be telling the truth and 35 of the TV faithful have their heads deeply embedded in an orifice?

Shocking Oiler, shocking    :D

19 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Wait your saying that she might be telling the truth and 35 of the TV faithful have their heads deeply embedded in an orifice?

Shocking Oiler, shocking    :D

Wait, you're saying you and Oiler may be just as dim and gullible as the suckers who gave her $8,000 on the basis of this utterly full-of-holes, extremely dodgy story?  Shocking, LomSak, shocking.

Just now, Saastrajaa said:

Wait, you're saying you and Oiler may be just as dim and gullible as the suckers who gave her $8,000 on the basis of this utterly full-of-holes, extremely dodgy story?  Shocking, LomSak, shocking.

No you are saying that, not me  :thumbsup:

So:

• not a single place name, airline name, cancelled flight number or other detail that can be easily verified
  • comments of people claiming to be relatives who only exchanged texts with her on Facebook, saying "this is very true"
  • police report wouldn't be filled, tourist police wouldn't be contacted, no mention of any law enforcement agency in the US being notified either

Seems legit.

8 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

To me this story seems to be nothing more than BS and the Ryan Lochte move from Rio is what pops up in my mind...

And the only sourse I can find for this story is FOX news...

If it is from FOX News then it must be correct. Everybody knows that Fox New is an unimpeachable source of news throughout the world. 

37 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

So:

• not a single place name, airline name, cancelled flight number or other detail that can be easily verified
  • comments of people claiming to be relatives who only exchanged texts with her on Facebook, saying "this is very true"
  • police report wouldn't be filled, tourist police wouldn't be contacted, no mention of any law enforcement agency in the US being notified either

Seems legit.

37 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I'm stuck in Hua Hin and I can't get out. Bar girls have all my money. I am in fear for my life.

I am setting up a gofundme account right now.

If it happens to your daughter we see how your humour travels 

1 minute ago, performance said:

If it happens to your daughter we see how your humour travels 

If you get scammed out of your money on the internet, we'll see how your humour travels. Which, statistically speaking, has a much greater chance of happening than a kidnapping.

8 hours ago, 0036Tag said:

Sounds fake to me.  If she was at bar with this friend all the time until he had to pee,  how did she get drugged.   It doesn't take that long to pee.   What did this friend do when he returned to find she was gone?  Did he ask at the bar where she went?  Did he check her room?  Did he go to the police to file a missing person report?  He didn't know her story of a police officer had her, so he had no reason to be afraid to go to the police.  Just doesn't make sense the whole story.

I agree with you but, even so, a missing person report can't be made just because the adult you've been drinking with in a bar apparently left while you were in the toilet. 

7 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

A quick search turned up her sister's Facebook page.  Apparently she literally tried to book the first flight out, which went through China.  Without a Chinese Visa or a connecting flight out already booked, they wouldn't let her on the plane.

Her friends and family in Michigan seem to be under the impression that the US Embassy is here to help US citizens.  :saai:  They are quickly finding out that that is just not true. 

But the Embassy staff did help her get a new hotel under an alias even though she refused to help her own situation by refusing to make a police report which doesn't lend her claims any credibility.  Embassies are not there to run around after their nationals such as getting visas for them, even if they could.

The next flight to the US for today is $700, via HKG, no visa required 100%. Girl's "relatives" actions? Set up a gofundme campaign for $3000 and sit all day neatening up the comments section.

In my humble opinion, the best course of action here is using a "report campaign" button.

Are you an FBI crime scene investigator? Have you studied many cases when people have jumped from 2nd storey buildings, and landed in various types of foliage and sustained similar injuries?
Just asking.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

3 hours ago, Canuck50 said:

Maybe...From her sister's FB:

" ***Update: She is at the airport and is going to try to let us know when she takes off for China. She has a long layover there, but at least she will be out of Bangkok" ...implying that they did have a connecting flight.

Then:

" ***1:20pm They are not letting them on the plane! This is insane!!!!! We are suspicious at this point, so we have been advised she leave the airport and go back into hiding. "

But her mother said in a video interview I watched that "the airline cancelled the flight without giving reason" implying the whole flight was cancelled.

Hard to know exactly what happened at this point but hopefully more information will come in due course. 

Who really cares, just another one of the unsolved Thai mysteries - a new one every day.

10 hours ago, NeverSure said:

The full story makes no sense to me at all.

"When she attempted to go to the airport to get her ticket, the airline who she booked through said they weren't able to do that and didn't give explicit reasons to why," said Moore.  "And ultimately just said 'No, you can't board this flight.' "

Perhaps, just perhaps the police want this investigated further, especially if (repeat if) she's telling porkies, which if proven would probably mean they will charge her for creating a mischief, as they should.

At one point she says she didn't go to the police because she was frightened she would run into the same cop. In other words she believes Thailand only has one police station... In other words she thinks Thai people and other locals are all easily fooled.

If that's all true (if) maybe the police are the ones blocking her from leaving Thailand?

If this happened in my country it would be out of her hands.  She would not be at liberty to raise funds on the internet to escape home.  A crime has been committed and needs to be investigated by the police.  

Archived