Austrian man, 75, dies after falling unconscious during snorkelling trip off Phuket

webfact

Austrian man, 75, dies after falling unconscious during snorkelling trip off Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1481001022_1-org.jpg

Police and rescue workers were at Chalong Pier when the body arrived this morning. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- An Austrian tourist, 75, died after going into shock during a snorkelling trip at Koh Rok in Krabi province yesterday (Dec 5).

Phuket Tourist Police Chief Lt Col Naruewat Puttawiro was notified this morning (Dec 6) that the body of a 75-year old Austrian tourist (name withheld until his family have been notified) would be arriving by boat at Chalong Pier and that the body was to be transported to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Lt Col Naruewat learned that the man died at around 4pm yesterday while on a snorkeling trip with his friends.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/austrian-man-75-dies-after-falling-unconscious-during-snorkelling-trip-off-phuket-60125.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-06

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Wow - 75 and still snorkeling .... a tough and fit old guy..... before he died.  At least he had a full life.

There's plenty of active 75 year olds out there. 

1 hour ago, Bantex said:

Sad to hear of another death but at least he died doing something he enjoyed and not from a bedridden painful crippling disease.

Yup.

When the time comes for me to shuffle off my mortal coil I like to hope it will be doing something fun and not drawn out.

Best wishes to the guy's family and friends at this hard time.

Archived