Aussie tourist dies while snorkeling in Krabi

snoop1130

Aussie tourist dies while snorkeling in Krabi

Winai Sarot

1_2016126141523445_ZDEnaRnrPJxZmgtSpEXcv

PHUKET:-- A 75-year-old Australian tourist ended up dead yesterday while snorkeling at Koh Rok, Krabi. His body arrived by boat this morning.

“We received reports that the man’s friends were bringing his body to Chalong Pier early in the morning today. I notified the Australian Consulate and told rescue workers and Chalong Police to receive the body and take it to Vachira Phuket Hospital for autopsy,” said Phuket Tourist Police Chief Naruewat Puthawiro.

Police told the Phuket Gazette the man had arrived in Thailand for a holiday with ten friends on November 27. They’d rented a yacht from Yacht Heaven to head off to Langkawi, Malaysia. Four of them had decided to stop by at Koh Rok for snorkeling. The Aussie reportedly went into shock soon after,” he added.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Aussie-tourist-dies-snorkeling-Krabi/65959?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-12-06

23 hours ago, impulse said:

Tragic for the family, but I can think of worse ways to go than doing something like he was doing - at his age.

I hope I'm still out snorkeling with my buddies on tropical beaches when I'm 75.

RIP and well said, he was doing something special and has passed away swiftly and with dignity. 

Archived