BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Dr Prasert the richest stock investor for 2016

Dr Prasert the richest stock investor for 2016

Y29udGVudHMlMkZmaWxlcyUyRnBoZXQlMkYlRTAl

BANGKOK: -- Dr Prasert Prasartthong-osot, the proprietor of the Bangkok Hospital chain, was voted the richest stock investor for 2016 with the value of his stocks worth 67 billion baht – the ranking that he has held for four consecutive years.

The rankings of Thailand’s rich stock investors were conducted jointly by the Finance and Banking magazine and the Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy of Chulalongkorn University.

According to the December edition of the magazine, Dr Prasert’s wealth of stocks this year amounted to 67,244.71 million baht, an increase of 7.82 percent or 4,879.52 million baht from last year’s.

The stocks that Dr Prasert is holding are mostly in three companies: BDMS or Bangkok Hospital chain in which he holds 18.26 percent of the stakes or 61,680.46 million baht; 10.61 percent stakes in Bangkok Airline or 5.5 billion baht; and 0.79 percent stake or 61.64 million baht in Nonthavech hospital.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dr-prasert-the-richest-stock-investor-for-2016/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-08

Not surprised with the cost of using his hospitals to much

Always good to put a name and face to one real lucky Thai. 

1 hour ago, aussiandrew said:

Always good to put a name and face to one real lucky Thai. 

It ain't luck. Whatever criticisms one can make of Bangkok Hospital Group, they're a very well managed and highly successful business.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

an increase of 7.82 percent or 4,879.52 million baht from last year’s.

Wow I hope my pension check increases by that amount I would be in 7th heaven. The sad part is the rich are getting rich while we fall further behind.