Who is western woman tourist found unconscious on Lonely Beach, Koh Chang?

webfact

5 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Ive been to Lonely Beach.Its not the best of places.There are a couple of good hotels,but mainly its all dark sois and hilly.The beach is about 5/10 minutes walk from the main town.There is 1 big hotel on the beach and it's filled entirely with felang backpackers and the sort.Maybe she was with someone in there and ended up on the beach,comatose for some reason.Strange stuff,buy i expect it will come out soon.At least she is still alive.

Or one of the many other beach front resorts and hotels?

Shawn0000

Yes i know,but we aren't talking about any other beach front hotels or resorts,are we? have you actually been to lonely beach?Have you ever been to koh Chang? we are talking about Lonely beach.And unless you know s it,you wont know what i am talking about.Please dont send me the usual reply about other resorts or beaches.Its boring,and i have many more things to do than read one line drivel.Ive got some paint to watch drying:coffee1:

could be just sunstroke, happened to my German wife in Italy many years ago, after a day at the beach i went out for a drink alone,when i came back i found her comatose lying on the balcony floor,couldn't wake her up so i called in the medics, she was in hospital for two days

32 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Shawn0000

Yes i know,but we aren't talking about any other beach front hotels or resorts,are we? have you actually been to lonely beach?Have you ever been to koh Chang? we are talking about Lonely beach.And unless you know s it,you wont know what i am talking about.Please dont send me the usual reply about other resorts or beaches.Its boring,and i have many more things to do than read one line drivel.Ive got some paint to watch drying:coffee1:

Why aren't we, in fact why are we talking about any hotels at all?  Yes, I have been to Lonely beach, once when it was lonely as in they hadn't yet built the road and there was only the one resort, and many times since, and there are loads of places neighboring the beach, I have no idea which one you are talking about but from your post it was as if to infer there is only one.

Shawn0000

Walking along the beach,there was only one large hotel that seemed to cater for felangs.There are plenty of one room,shack type rooms that seem to be occupied by the people looking for cheaper accommodation. There are a few hotels now.i can remember when KC had no bars,no Atm's and the only place you could get a drink was at the Elephant training ground.Now it is small pataya.I am saying that it would be easier to assault a person on lonely beach,and have the time to arrange for the body to be left on the beach,than in most places on the island,patronised by tourists.Lonely beach is still developing,but at the moment,darkness is its friend.You could do more bad things at LB than you could,say,White sands or Kaibee

17 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Shawn0000

Walking along the beach,there was only one large hotel that seemed to cater for felangs.There are plenty of one room,shack type rooms that seem to be occupied by the people looking for cheaper accommodation. There are a few hotels now.i can remember when KC had no bars,no Atm's and the only place you could get a drink was at the Elephant training ground.Now it is small pataya.I am saying that it would be easier to assault a person on lonely beach,and have the time to arrange for the body to be left on the beach,than in most places on the island,patronised by tourists.Lonely beach is still developing,but at the moment,darkness is its friend.You could do more bad things at LB than you could,say,White sands or Kaibee

The only place?  I walked to a little fishing community that was only accessible by boat or a very rough journey across rocks and through the jungle, which was how I got there, now of course it is the very touristic Ban Bang Bao pier, anyway, they had whisky!

Sorry, still not getting the significance of this one hotel, why not the bungalows?

Yes,it could have have been the bungalows.It could have been any of several places.We will never know,until the young lady confirms.I think we should end this conversation,before we both become old enough to claim our old age pensions. We will have to see how this pans out by what the victim claims.

Mee wan dee.

11 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

So what about checking the immigration records by face matching. Sure, they can do it. 

I haven't heard much about the Thai's ability to do that. The technology and systems and software certainly do exist.  I doubt the airports transfer the data to a good database that other agencies can access.  If they do transfer the data and files, I doubt the data is secured in any way that protects innocent people's personal information details.  There is a lot of information collect about travelers and visitors.

6 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

No, it is my local hospital I doubt that would work out well, I just check out as normal, take my book to the counter, wait for the ticket and get charged for any prescription if there is one, that is all, treatment by EMS is free.

I've never heard that EMS treatment is free and one accident turned out to be quite expensive, even when they put my bones together in a way that I was 8 months on crutches, just to find out that all had to be cut into little pieces again.

I hope for you that you never have to stay a couple of days. Even a bush hospital charges quite good money. 

8 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

I've never heard that EMS treatment is free and one accident turned out to be quite expensive, even when they put my bones together in a way that I was 8 months on crutches, just to find out that all had to be cut into little pieces again.

I hope for you that you never have to stay a couple of days. Even a bush hospital charges quite good money. 

I hope not as well, more for the fact that I would be seriously ill though than the money, which would be chargeable to my insurance company anyway.

From what I read on the internet, apparently it is not free, perhaps they have just been kind to me.

15 hours ago, balo said:

Could be drug related.  My guess would also be of a woman of Eastern European origin . 

She does have a bit of a Slavic look, that hardly narrows it down though, half of Europe, the Americas, and considering the past millennia of movements we can't really rule out the other half of Europe either, nor almost anywhere else for that matter, wouldn't it be easier if people just stayed in their respective tribes at least for indentification purposes following an unexpected bout of the unconsciousness?

Archived