West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tevez to score on Wednsday.

With a face like his...I doubt if he would score in a club let alone on a football field :o

:D:D:D

Welcome to the forum where I see that you are taking some Hammer already.

I cant say anything other than Sheff U should have won when we played you.........but didn,t.

There's enough Hammer exiles in Thailand. So come on you Irons !!!

Tevez to score on Wednsday.

I am sure West Ham will score today - I was so impressed with their strike force against Everton. I think Bowyer should be the nominated penalty taker too.

:o

With Tevez's money, I don't think that he'll be having too much trouble with the birds somehow. Man's pure class though - and we haven't seen two-thirds of his potential yet.

Never should have signed nasty - I was against taking Bowyer back all along. And he's crap anyway

Hello Sheff.Utd. At least there's someone from a proper Club supporters not just a lot of glory hunters or those from a 'big London club' that haven't actually achieved anything since...? Fiill in the gaps :o

I've been a Yid for 25 years, so stick your Glory Hunting up yer arse

Tottscum are you thick or something? I said either glory hunters or those from 'a big London Club'. You've had nothing to crow about to be a glory hunter. 25 years you say, that's sweet fa. Just like the yid scum really.

ThaiPauly

well, something's got to change. Curbishley in !!! :o

I've been a Yid for 25 years, so stick your Glory Hunting up yer arse

Tottscum are you thick or something? I said either glory hunters or those from 'a big London Club'. You've had nothing to crow about to be a glory hunter. 25 years you say, that's sweet fa. Just like the yid scum really.

It's true Spurs have had a crap 25 years, by our standards.

1 UEFA cup

3 FA Cups

1 League Cup.

It's appalling when you consider the trophies West Scum have landed in that era......oh what's that ?...................... :D They won fack all.? :D ...oh yeah...... :o

ps Enjoy the Championship next year you mugs!

:D

West Scum have landed in that era

BWAAAAA

West Scum. Don't really work does it :D

Even if we do get relegatated at least we'd still have a loyal support as always, unlike like you prawn sandwich lot or the other ya-ya's from Sloane Square :D

PS

I hope that idiotic bird on your crest contracts avian flue and keels over and dies. :o

West Scum have landed in that era

BWAAAAA

West Scum. Don't really work does it :D

Even if we do get relegatated at least we'd still have a loyal support as always, unlike like you prawn sandwich lot or the other ya-ya's from Sloane Square :D

PS

I hope that idiotic bird on your crest contracts avian flue and keels over and dies. :o

Nice retort!

:D

my verdict the bubble has burst , new owner can't afford to take the risk of relegation = Pardew to go in 6 games.

I'm sure that the Biscuit Man has a plan already in motion regarding a new manager. Just can't help but thinking that it's Curbishley - most supporters choice also. But whoever, we just can't afford another Roedent scenario again. Six games maybe, although looking at the next two is enough by my reckoning. Bolton away and Manure at home don't bode well.

I feel a bit sorry for (Judas) Pardew. His BEST signing was probably Dean Ashton, and if he had been abe to utalise him this season things may have turned out differently so far this season.

However, "Bald Ice" will not have wanted to plow his dosh into a team destined for the Championship, and I reckon that if West Ham get nothing out of the next two games Pardew will go and immediatley be given the Charlton job as the appointment of Les Reed over there is obviously not working out. Pardew IS a good Manager..but its not happening for him right now...he can bounce back.. Look at Stevie Coppell,how many times has he been sacked? At one point when Reading were winning 2-1 at Newcastle the other night we were THIRD in the Premiership behind Man United and Chelsea...not bad for an old "Has been" thats been sacked more times than Pardew has had pay rises.

Curbishley is waiting in the wings,,,he is in the jobcentre of footy managers now , and if West Ham dont appoint him quickley then somebody else will.

This is all just pure speculation on my behalf though :o

WORST thing West Ham ever did was to sack Harry IMHO...its all been downhill ever since! :D

Dear Happy (lol) Hammer

Sorry, you called us a "So called big club" and not a glory hunter and i see where your coming from with the glory hunter, my mistake.

But we are and always have been a bigger club than yours, and my 25 years have been much more productive than yours.

Bolton (A) must be nervous?? Mancs (A) after, Watford a game in hand

Dont!! i neally feel sorry for yer!!!

Enjoy

YIDS N17

Dear Happy (lol) Hammer

Sorry, you called us a "So called big club" and not a glory hunter and i see where your coming from with the glory hunter, my mistake.

But we are and always have been a bigger club than yours, and my 25 years have been much more productive than yours.

Enjoy

YIDS N17

Dear very thick spud, considering the money you have spent on over priced journeymen over the years and dubious accounting. You should have won the league a few times since those very distant days in the early 60's. Furthermore kerb crawling managers and possibly the ugliest walk to a -Millwall a close second-football ground makes me glad I support a real football club. Maybe you're still got some of that lasagne stuck in your throat. So long chokers . :o

Dear Happy (lol) Hammer

Enjoy

YIDS N17

Course I'm happy. We've never hankered after past glories of decades ago, built on the the delusion of being a 'big club'. If you want to know why it is that West Ham generally loathe the Totts then I'd be quite happy to explain some history to you. Fact is that we've got some of the most loyal supporters in the land and our pride is built upon being the poor relations, stuck in East London before it became fashionable to live in some parts by choice.

Look at the current England squad and tell me how many have come through our academy and how many through yours. Brown may have forced us into having to sell our best - you can keep little Judas by the way - but the academy is still the same. The only thing that's changed is an owner who wont tolerate the short sightedness that Terrence Brown had.

I'm not nervous at all. I expect us to lose at Bolton and to give a good account of ourselves against Manure. But I'm sure that we wont go down even though I predicted a relegation struggle at the beginning of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tkgeK5hkzE

IRONS!!! IRONS !!! IRONS !!!

Bolton 4-0 West Ham

Davies (right) opens the scoring for Bolton

Bolton piled the pressure on troubled West Ham with a comprehensive victory.

Kevin Davies opened the scoring with a close-range volley after El-Hadji Diouf had knocked the ball across the box.

Davies poked home his second from a corner after the break before Diouf bewitched two defenders and drove in precisely to make it three.

Nicolas Anelka completed the rout when he dinked the ball over Robert Green after collecting Gary Speed's pass, before Ivan Campo hit the post late on.

Interview: Bolton's Gary Speed

Interview: West Ham manager Alan Pardew

It was a fitting moment for Speed, who was typically impressive in his record-breaking 500th Premiership appearance.

But it was a damning verdict on a West Ham side desperately short of ideas.

606: DEBATE

My cat could do a better job than Pardew at the moment

SA

606: Have your say

The closest they came to breaking their goal drought was a second-half Marlon Harewood shot.

Neither side went into the game on a good run, with Bolton having managed just one win in seven league games and West Ham had lost four of their last five.

So it was unsurprising that there was hesitation in most of the play and a lack of confidence all round.

It was Bolton who shook off their shackles more easily and particularly in the shape of Anelka, they began to threaten.

And when the Frenchman picked up the ball and embarked on a solo run, he could sense there was something on.

His deep cross found Speed, who the ball was nodded back across goal and Diouf was on hand to hook the ball towards Davies, who lashed in a volley.

Bolton then settled into an easy rhythm with Campo dictating the play in midfield, where there seemed an absence of West Ham players.

The visitors also lacked a presence up front and managed only one first-half effort on goal - a feeble shot from Carlos Tevez on 44 minutes, which barely had the pace to reach the keeper.

Before that, West Ham could have found themselves further behind when they failed to properly mark Diouf, but the striker headed down and wide.

After the break, the teams quickly assumed their roles once more.

And Bolton doubled their lead on 52 minutes when Campo headed the ball on and Davies reacted fastest to divert the ball home.

In a rare Hammers' offensive, Harewood fashioned a chance to reduce the deficit but his finish did not match his smart turn and he drove the ball across the face of goal.

West Ham were then fortunate as Diouf suffered a lapse of concentration when well placed in the area, losing control of the ball when he seemed set to score.

But Diouf showed his ability on 77 minutes, when he danced his way past two defenders before prodding the ball into the corner.

And a minute later, Speed's excellent pass released Anelka, who showed tremendous pace and poise to take the ball in his stride and finish expertly.

It was almost five for Bolton when Campo worked an opening but he saw his shot crash back off the foot of the post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce:

"I'm absolutely delighted because we'd lost two games and we've found goals difficult to come by.

"To get four today, with the front three all scoring, was terrific. It wasn't as easy as it looked, West Ham put up a good fight.

"Our finishing was high quality and it's a big victory. Hopefully it gives us the confidence to go on a run."

West Ham boss Alan Pardew:

"Bolton were very very good, unfortunately we were the opposite. We were very stretched at the back.

"We battled hard and tried to play - sometimes we overplayed. But, having said that, this was a fair result.

"We are going to need some strong characters to bounce back after this result - we are in a tight spot. As a team we were not good enough today."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Hunt, Faye, Meite, Pedersen, Campo, Davies (Vaz Te 82), Nolan, Speed (Gardner 88), Diouf (Tal 79), Anelka.

Subs Not Used: Al Habsi, Giannakopoulos.

Booked: Diouf, Campo.

Goals: Davies 17, 52, Diouf 77, Anelka 78.

West Ham: Green, Spector (Pantsil 61), McCartney, Dailly, Collins, Konchesky, Mullins, Reo-Coker, Etherington, Harewood, Tevez (Sheringham 61).

Subs Not Used: Carroll, Zamora, Benayoun.

Booked: Reo-Coker, Etherington.

Att: 22,283

Ref: H Webb (S Yorkshire).

Source BBC

You spent how long exactly cut and pasting all that? It's not as though I didn't watch the whole game or anything

You're only slightly more tedius than Pardew's weekly mantra:

"We are going to need some strong characters to bounce back after this result - we are in a tight spot. As a team we were not good enough today."

Tottscum :o

You spent how long exactly cut and pasting all that? It's not as though I didn't watch the whole game or anything

You're only slightly more tedius than Pardew's weekly mantra:

Tottscum :D

Listen Dimbo, as the moderator here its my duty to remind the relevant fans of their teams wins and losses, it took me about 1 second to lift that from the BBC website.

If you don't like the forum I can easily remedy that for you.

Your team's results are not my problem.

If I was taking the pi$$ I would have put a few asinine comments as a footnote, but if read the report fully you will see that I left it untouched.

What a Saturday night

Enjoyed the Manc derby, always an entertaining fixture

Next up Yids hit 5, Defoe with a wicked shot

Next up Bolton v Wham

Marvellous, i tell you , Marvellous

I went through so much popcorn

Are Sheff Utd above you

Yid Army xx :o

Give it a rest bird flu brain, it was only Charlton. I'd like to see how your overpaid primma donnas play 3 games in 6 days. Don't forget FORM IS TEMPORARY CLASS IS PERMANENT. Our club has heart and soul and will be back. Moreover the future is in the east of London, not in the far flung suburb of totteringham.By the way when did you last beat the gooners, back in the days of Paul Gascoigne, I suspect.

OK fair enough. But you can understand my sensibilities about the possibility of gloating idiots from an antitetical team. And being somewhat pissed off anyway.

Although to be banned by a Totts may have a slight ring of honour to it. :D

No probs , I will only post the positive results for your team in future !

No probs , I will only post the positive results for your team in future !

Thanks, but the way it's looking...

But it'll get turned round all the talk is of a new manager and getting rid of the culture that has for so long been ingrained at West Ham. But a new broom and all that...even if he hasn't got much bristle.

Come on you Irons !!!

Nice on keddy :o

This made me larf - well anything really

Dear Alan

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the innovative tactics that you introduced for the match against Bolton Wanderers. Clearly the opposition was so baffled by your cunning strategy that it had little answer, other than to score four extremely fortunate goals. Your critics might argue that others were equally confused (I'm thinking here of the West Ham supporters who were misguided enough to make the trip north, and indeed the players themselves) but, as we say in Iceland, what the flick do they know?

I understand from reading my old copies of the Topical Times Football Annual that this great club of ours once had a player who was described as being 10 years ahead of his time. Clearly you are a manager in the same mould.

That being the case, we feel that it would be in everyone's interests if you gave it at least another 10 years before you had anything else to do with West Ham United. Perhaps you could use this sabbatical to sort out any personal problems that you have not been sharing with us.

In the meantime, let me thank you for all the hard work you have put in since you turned your back on your old club in an unparalled display of craven opportunism that made even the cynical world of football shake its head in disbelief. And, rest assured, while it still possible to buy pie and mash in Green Street, the name of Adam Purdue will not be forgotten in these parts.

Yours E.M. :o

Archived