BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EastSaxCol

West Ham Thread

11/12/2006 13:50

CLUB STATEMENT

West Ham United have today announced the departure from the Club of Alan Pardew.

Alan has made an important contribution since joining as manager in September 2003 but this season's results have been disappointing and have left the Club in a very difficult position.

The Chairman, Mr Eggert Magnusson, and the Board have been concerned by the performances of recent weeks and feel that it is the right time to make a change in the best interests of the Club.

Mr Magnusson and the Board would like to place on the record their thanks to Alan Pardew for his hard work and commitment and to wish him well for the future.

The search for a successor is now underway in order that a new manager can be in place ahead of the January transfer window.

First Team Coach Kevin Keen will take temporary charge of team affairs until a new appointment has been made. No further statements on this matter will be made by the Club before that time.

11/12/2006 13:50

CLUB STATEMENT

West Ham United have today announced the departure from the Club of Alan Pardew.

Alan has made an important contribution since joining as manager in September 2003 but this season's results have been disappointing and have left the Club in a very difficult position.

The Chairman, Mr Eggert Magnusson, and the Board have been concerned by the performances of recent weeks and feel that it is the right time to make a change in the best interests of the Club.

Mr Magnusson and the Board would like to place on the record their thanks to Alan Pardew for his hard work and commitment and to wish him well for the future.

The search for a successor is now underway in order that a new manager can be in place ahead of the January transfer window.

First Team Coach Kevin Keen will take temporary charge of team affairs until a new appointment has been made. No further statements on this matter will be made by the Club before that time.

Sorry to see AP go but he seems to have been undermined this season by the arrival of the Argentinos and some of the squad not pulling their weight. He seems to have aged a decade this season. Good luck to him. Good luck to us too. Who would you like as the new man? West Ham United people out there, what do you think?

It was a bit of a suprise. I expected him to last until after the Manure game on Saturday. But like us all, I liked Pards and feel a bit sad for him, but he just hasn't done it this season. Some blame the players but when all's said and done it was up to him to sort it out with them. Expect the fans to give it one more "Alan Pardews Claret And Blue Army" on Sunday. I think that he deserves that much at least. Football needs honest and articulate blokes like Pards around the game and I'm sure that he won't be out of a job for too long. We all wish him every future success wherever he ends up.

Anway the new regime have shown that they're not in it to mess about , which is a welcome change after that <deleted> Brown. I really believe that this is a completely new era and that West Ham United will rise like he proverbial phoenix.

As for the new manager. It seems that the two being most touted and bookies favourites are Curbs and Sven. As much as I like Curbs - being proper West Ham and all - I don't think that he can take us much further than stability at best. Sven, on the other hand, despite the England fiasco, has an international reputation and can attract big names to the Club because of it - maybe even Beckham? So like the majority of us, from what I've seen so far, it's Sven for me as well.

Having said that we could all be wrong about who gets the job. Scaloni anyone? Nah surely not.

Anyway , here's the most recent odds.

Alan Curbishly 4/5 from 11/10

SGE 8/1

Iain Dowell 11/1

Glenn Hoddle 11/1

Paul Jewell 12/1

Kevin Keen 12/1

Claudo Ranieri 12/1

David Oleary 16/1

Gianlucca Vialli 16/1

Ian Holloway 16/1

Billy Davies 16/1

Bryan Robson 20/1

Martin Maddog Allen 20/1

Kevin Keegan 20/1

Steve Coppell 25/1

Ruud Gullit 25/1

Steve Parkinson 33/1

Greame Souness 33/1

Alex McLeish 33/1

Harry Redknapp 33/1

Teddy Sheringham 33/1

George Graham 33/1

Peter Taylor 40/1

Julian Dicks 66/1

Paulo Di Canio 66/1

Tony Gale 100/1

Alvin Martin 100/1

Tony Cottee 100/1

Roy Evans 100/1

Trevor Brooking 100/1

Neil Ruddock 150/1

I understand that Sven's agent has ruled him out. Who knows we could even end up with some obscure Christian Gross style European coach. Bleedin' hope not !!!

Can't help bt thinking that it'll be Curbs in the end.

AS I said previously I feel very sorry for AP, this was not however unexpected, I started a topic on if he would stay or go about a month ago.

Reading'sChairman has called the sacking "Brutal" Nobody expected them to get anything at Bolton ..and no-one expects anything from the Man U match either..but after that there was gonna be a chance to get some points...and I reckon that pards would have turned it around.

So Curbs is the red hot favourite...but what exactly has he achieved? He hasskept an unglamourous club in the Premeiership for seven years,,,never won anything though.

It really depends on how desperate "Bald Ice" is to win things, I am sure that he thinks that if he gets another Mourinho then west Ham will win things, he will not just settle for mid-table.

Do not be surprised to see a foreign coach come in

You guys will be getting a name like Man City, if you carry on sacking managers :o

'Hope not or we'll be meeting our beloved rivals smallwall before too long. I think Alan Curbishly would be a safe pair of hands but not someone who could drag our club to the next level, ie Europe. However it would depend on the budget Eggy has in mind. Could he step up and handle big players with all their agents and baggage or if the policy is too bring the club on slowly, using the youth squad then AC could be good at consolidating the club around the mid-table mark. Yet really most of us want a pot or two (i don't mean the inter toto).and be up there in Europe every season. So how ambitious is AC and moreover how ambitious is Eggy and his backers?

Haven't see speed like that since Alan Devonshire. Maybe we are going Nordic Brian Laudrup? Sven? Bjork?

I mean seen and I also forgot that penguins are southern hemisphere creatures. Maybe it's a sign that there's a chain smoking genius waiting in Argentina ready to fly over and take the reins .

Haven't see speed like that since Alan Devonshire

Ah Dev. Have you seen what he looks like now mate? Those long flowing locks and aesthetic build are really a thing best remembered as he was. One of our all time class players without a doubt.

Mr happy hammer.do you have a great deal of spare time on your hands or are you an exceptionally fast typist?