West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Curbishley targets Lauren and Ljungberg

Matt Scott

Thursday January 11, 2007

The Guardian

Lauren's departure from Arsenal has been sanctioned by the board along with Freddie Ljungberg's, provided they can find suitable clubs.

West Ham followed up their unrequited interest in the Sweden captain with a verbal inquiry for the full-back. The Cameroon international Lauren is out of contract in the summer and, with Emmanuel Eboué and Justin Hoyte having established themselves during his long-term absence through injury, Arsenal would demand no fee to release him.

The biggest bar to any agreement would be his £40,000-a-week wages, which Arsenal are keen to offload in order to reward the Togo international striker, Emmanuel Adebayor, with improved terms. That has not deterred West Ham, who are willing to meet the demands of players who will improve their squad.

Despite the speculation about Ljungberg's future the Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger said: "Although I can't predict the future, Freddie's experience and winner's attitude means he still has a lot to offer."

There were unconfirmed reports yesterday that Lauren was holding talks with West Ham, who are known to be targeting a number of players in the Premiership. Interest from Blackburn Rovers in their England international left-back, Paul Konchesky, is understood to have been rebuffed since the manager, Alan Curbishley, would prefer not to relinquish players until he is satisfied his purchasing has been completed.

With no fixed ceiling to their transfer budget, the Hammers have already completed the signing of West Bromwich Albion's Nigel Quashie and Luis Boa Morte from Fulham.

................................................................................

Skysports.com understands that West Ham United are very much in the race to sign Lucas Neill, despite the interest of Liverpool and Newcastle.

The Hammers are very keen on landing the talented Australian and are believed to be putting together a tempting package - although it would appear they still face a battle to land him.

Neill is ready to quit Ewood Park after turning down all Rovers' offers of a new contract.

West Ham could also be in the position to do a swap deal, as Blackburn have expressed an interest in Paul Konchesky.

Should Neill opt for The Hammers, then that could smooth over a Rovers deal for Konchesky.

However, Liverpool maintain their interest in the defender - who they came close to signing during August, before the transfer deadline closed, and The Reds could yet offer Stephen Warnock as part of the deal.

Warnock was strongly linked to Rovers last year and he, like Konchesky, could easily become a make-weight in a possible deal - but much will depend on Neill's choice.

Newcastle are also still looking to seal a move for Neill and their interest can also not be discounted as all three are set to mount serious offers to the player.

It is believed talks between all parties are progressing and Neill's future could be decided this weekend.

Think all three would be assets, though concerned about the injury prone goons, especially freddie red streak or bald streak as he is now. Looks like Liverpool could snap up Luca Neill, especially after being mauled by Le Arse. As you say Stephen Warnock, being offered as a makeweight, might swing it. The right side of midfield is the most urgent slot that needs to be filled. I've got a feeling he might push Carlos Tevez out there as he did alright against Chelsea.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Previously 'reliable source' reckons Boa Morte, 5 million, subject to a medical.

From the same source. West Brom midfielder Nigel Quashie is in talks and if he agrees terms there will be an anouncement tonight or tomorrow.

Aston Villa offered £7m for Ashley Young. We have now offered £8m. Boothroyd is trying to start a bidding war. But Watford will surely sell Young to some club in the transfer window because they will get far less at the end of the season when they go down.

Previously 'reliable source' reckons Boa Morte, 5 million, subject to a medical.

From the same source. West Brom midfielder Nigel Quashie is in talks and if he agrees terms there will be an anouncement tonight or tomorrow.

Aston Villa offered £7m for Ashley Young. We have now offered £8m. Boothroyd is trying to start a bidding war. But Watford will surely sell Young to some club in the transfer window because they will get far less at the end of the season when they go down.

It ain't easy being a West Ham Utd supporter at the moment, even one being 1000's of miles from the action. The old set piece nightmare lives on though we're not the only culprits in this league. Our centre of defence looks like it needs patching up with a couple of loan signings. There's a lot of pessimism on the other boards and I can only imagine that sinking feeling, for the people there at the Boleyn, when they scored three minutes into injury time. However with Wigan and Villa sliding plus Sheff U, who are due for their slide soon, I still think we'll get out of it. There's a few positives: we're scoring again, it seemed we played with a lot of passion, Yossi is coming back into form and we're not in the same position as Leeds, their fans must be choked with what's happening at the moment. Here's to next weekend. Newcastle bring it on

It ain't easy being a West Ham Utd supporter at the moment, even one being 1000's of miles from the action. The old set piece nightmare lives on though we're not the only culprits in this league. Our centre of defence looks like it needs patching up with a couple of loan signings. There's a lot of pessimism on the other boards and I can only imagine that sinking feeling, for the people there at the Boleyn, when they scored three minutes into injury time. However with Wigan and Villa sliding plus Sheff U, who are due for their slide soon, I still think we'll get out of it. There's a few positives: we're scoring again, it seemed we played with a lot of passion, Yossi is coming back into form and we're not in the same position as Leeds, their fans must be choked with what's happening at the moment. Here's to next weekend. Newcastle bring it on
I make you right mate. I don't think that we'll go down either. Apart from the fact that Poll can't count and the Z-man should have known better , we may well have won.

Anyway, some good news on the defensive front if true.

From the Daily Mail website.

West Ham have had a £10million bid accepted for Watford forward Ashley Young.

The Upton Park board were successful at the fourth attempt for the England Under 21 international, having previously had offers of £7m, £8m and then £9m rejected.

The development is a major boost for manager Alan Curbishley, who learned yesterday that he will be without injured defender Danny Gabbidon (groin) and Argentina striker Carlos Tevez (calf) for the next six weeks.

Curbishley will now be desperate for Young to agree personal terms and play a major part in his side’s battle against relegation.

He will be hoping to seal the deal over the next few days, with Aston Villa still in the hunt for a player who made his name in the Championship last season before continuing his impressive development in the top flight this term.

Oh well. Nice try.

Young knocks back West Ham offer

Young has been at Watford since his schooldays

Watford striker Ashley Young is thought to have turned down a move to West Ham after a bid of £9.65m had been agreed.

The Hammers had a £7m offer rejected last week but at the time manager Aidy Boothroyd said he expected the Upton Park club to make another offer.

They returned with an initial offer of £8m plus £1.65m based on clauses but Young, 21, turned them down.

West Ham are now out of the chase but Aston Villa have been linked with Young and Tottenham may renew their interest.

Spurs had been prepared to offer Wayne Routldge and Calum Davenport as part of a deal to lure Young to White Hart Lane.

But the Tottenham players did not want to go to Watford, so the move was abandoned.

................................................................................

606: DEBATE

How on earth can we consider shelling out the best part of £10m on a player with limited top flight experience?

CI

606: Have your say

Young, 21, has scored four goals in 23 appearances this season.

But with Saturday's 3-0 defeat to Liverpool leaving Watford 10 points adrift of safety, it seems that Boothroyd may have decided the time is right to cash in on his best player.

Speaking last week, he indicated Young could leave - but only at a price which he deemed appropriate for a player of Young's ability.

"There are players out there who have gone for £8m-plus who do not have what he has," he said.

"Ashley is the trump card in the Premiership. There are not many players outside the top four clubs who are better than him."[ /quote]

From the timesonline

Liverpool have grown wearily accustomed to being outmuscled in the transfer market by Chelsea, but not by West Ham United. The Merseyside club were left mystified last night by Lucas Neill’s decision to reject them in favour of a lucrative offer from West Ham.

The East London club were also in the process of signing Calum Davenport to bolster their back four. The Tottenham Hotspur defender was undergoing a medical at Upton Park and is likely to move for a fee of about £3 million.

Neill, 28, the Blackburn Rovers defender, was also expected in London last night to undergo a medical before putting the finishing touches to a £1.25 million move that is expected to earn him more than £50,000 a week. “Lucas has agreed terms on a 2½-year deal with West Ham and is looking to the challenge ahead,” Peter Harrison, his agent, said last night. He is understood to have insisted on a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if West Ham are relegated.

Lucas Neill and Daveport. Yes please :o

18/01/2007 10:30

West Ham United have completed the signing of central defender Calum Davenport from Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old, who spent two months on loan at Upton Park in 2004, has put pen to paper on a three-and-a-half year contract, and will be available for Saturday's trip to Newcastle United.

Born in Bedford on New Year's Day 1983, the former England youth and under-21 international began his professional career with Coventry City after progressing through the youth ranks at Highfield Road, making his senior debut against Bradford City on the final day of the 2000-01 season.

After making almost 100 appearances for the Sky Blues, Calum earned a move to the Premiership in August 2004, when Tottenham swooped to secure his signature in a £1.5million deal. However, just days later, the 6ft 3ins defender was heading back to the Championship after Spurs agreed to loan their new signing out to West Ham United.

Calum made his Hammers debut in a 2-1 win at Sheffield United and went on to make 10 league appearances for the Club. After impressing in the centre of defence as Alan Pardew's men began to build their push for promotion, it was something of a disappointment when he was recalled by Spurs in mid-November.

After making his long-awaited debut for Tottenham in a 1-0 defeat at Aston Villa, Calum then headed out for further loan spells at Southampton and then at Norwich City the following season, before returning to White Hart Lane to play in their last four matches of the 2005-06 campaign - including their infamous final-day 2-1 defeat at Upton Park.

After winning a place in Martin Jol's team at the start of this season, Calum then found himself on the sidelines as Ledley King and Michael Dawson formed a first-choice partnership but, following injuries to the pair, he recently earned a recall, scoring his first goal for the Club in a 2-1 victory at Manchester City.

18/01/2007 10:30

West Ham United have completed the signing of central defender Calum Davenport from Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old, who spent two months on loan at Upton Park in 2004, has put pen to paper on a three-and-a-half year contract, and will be available for Saturday's trip to Newcastle United.

Born in Bedford on New Year's Day 1983, the former England youth and under-21 international began his professional career with Coventry City after progressing through the youth ranks at Highfield Road, making his senior debut against Bradford City on the final day of the 2000-01 season.

After making almost 100 appearances for the Sky Blues, Calum earned a move to the Premiership in August 2004, when Tottenham swooped to secure his signature in a £1.5million deal. However, just days later, the 6ft 3ins defender was heading back to the Championship after Spurs agreed to loan their new signing out to West Ham United.

Calum made his Hammers debut in a 2-1 win at Sheffield United and went on to make 10 league appearances for the Club. After impressing in the centre of defence as Alan Pardew's men began to build their push for promotion, it was something of a disappointment when he was recalled by Spurs in mid-November.

After making his long-awaited debut for Tottenham in a 1-0 defeat at Aston Villa, Calum then headed out for further loan spells at Southampton and then at Norwich City the following season, before returning to White Hart Lane to play in their last four matches of the 2005-06 campaign - including their infamous final-day 2-1 defeat at Upton Park.

After winning a place in Martin Jol's team at the start of this season, Calum then found himself on the sidelines as Ledley King and Michael Dawson formed a first-choice partnership but, following injuries to the pair, he recently earned a recall, scoring his first goal for the Club in a 2-1 victory at Manchester City.

Not a bad signing although he looks like a giraffe panicking at times. When he left us, after the loan spell, he looked a bit unsteady, especially for southampton and some of the games for the spuds. However he's been looking more assured recently and he's still a youngster so it's a good move, hopefully. Who plays around him is important, of course. Did he play with Anton before, during his loan spell, I can't remember. Others have been talking about a Gabbidon/Davenport partnership. I heard that there is a delay over the O'Neil transfer. mark hughes doesn't want to take konch, in exchange-I wonder why? :o There's also a striker from Seville on loan though this is more of a mystery. It's about time we got one over the zebras, Come on you Irons

Not a bad signing although he looks like a giraffe panicking at times. When he left us, after the loan spell, he looked a bit unsteady, especially for southampton and some of the games for the spuds. However he's been looking more assured recently and he's still a youngster so it's a good move, hopefully. Who plays around him is important, of course. Did he play with Anton before, during his loan spell, I can't remember. Others have been talking about a Gabbidon/Davenport partnership. I heard that there is a delay over the O'Neil transfer. mark hughes doesn't want to take konch, in exchange-I wonder why? :o There's also a striker from Seville on loan though this is more of a mystery. It's about time we got one over the zebras, Come on you Irons

Pretty sure that he did play alongside Anton, and Dailly come to that. Not quite sure what's going to happen to 'fooball genius' now though. But I'd like him to be around long enough to get the HOtY award , although odds on Tevez I suppose. But Dailly gets my vote on many fronts.

This player from Sevilla. Not Freddie is it?

Remember the penalty miss against Arsenal? :D

Oh well, we would have wone but for a well dodgey decision. A blatent offside in fact. They really need to sort out some of these officials who aren't fit to officiate a bingo match let alone Premiership football. Rennie and Poll beiing the two most disgraceful examples. We could have. and should have won this one had it not been for Rennie and the visually impaired linesman.* But there again some of our defending was again woeful with from what I heard on the radio , with Ferdinand hardly turning up at times. Still Neill has agreed to join us I understand, now that Blackburn have managed to sign Warnock, so perhaps that will tighten things up a bit at the back. Although I still can't understand why Curbs plays Caroll in preference to Green?

It's gonna be tough, but we'll scrape it. Otherwise it's Layer Road here we come.

* Correction. I understand that the linesman did raise his flag , but Rennie ignored it.

Oh well, we would have wone but for a well dodgey decision. A blatent offside in fact. They really need to sort out some of these officials who aren't fit to officiate a bingo match let alone Premiership football. Rennie and Poll beiing the two most disgraceful examples. We could have. and should have won this one had it not been for Rennie and the visually impaired linesman.* But there again some of our defending was again woeful with from what I heard on the radio , with Ferdinand hardly turning up at times. Still Neill has agreed to join us I understand, now that Blackburn have managed to sign Warnock, so perhaps that will tighten things up a bit at the back. Although I still can't understand why Curbs plays Caroll in preference to Green?

It's gonna be tough, but we'll scrape it. Otherwise it's Layer Road here we come.

* Correction. I understand that the linesman did raise his flag , but Rennie ignored it.

They had the game shown live in Thailand and I have to say that the team played alright, especially during the first half. Christiano Daily, who was solid, and Callum Davenport who is a threat with his head in both boxes played well. McCartney looked alright, as well. Anton was a bit low key, especially in the second half but seemed to be carrying a knock and was eventually subbed. However the keeper-'charlie' carrol kept us in the game during the second half-he made at least two outstanding saves from Martin- and i can understand why AC prefers him to green. In the midfield Nigel Quasi-not kazi- looked a real dog of war and was winning the 50 50's. Yossi also looked good and was having a few shots. Even Hokey-Cokey upped is work rate and did well.The decision from uriah the pariah- as you said was very dodgy-did give them a lift. It was worse than the 1981 league cup final decision-remember that one? although they were starting to come back into it towards the break. In the second half they came onto us but it wasn't an onslaught and we had a couple of good chances to get a third. First matty dilly-dallied and then later Marlon muscled his way in on the right but Harper did well to close the angle. Davenport had a goal ruled offside, as well. AC thought he could have won the ball without the need to climb onto the defenders shoulders. Talking of Alan curbs I was a bit peeved with the interview after when he started moaning at length about the decisions, this week and last weeks. What's gone is gone. There was a bit too much self-pity about it when what is needed is a bit of defiance. Having said this the team looks less fragile under him and I think we're going to get out of it but we really need someone on the right soon. lucas Neil has apparently said he was amazed at the quality of players Eggy had on his 'shopping list' and that was the main reason he signed for us. It's going to be tight but come on down Sheff U and Wigan your time is up!

I saw some of the match and thought you were unlucky.

Deffo Offside

look like a different team completely from the one put out on New Years Day

seem to "want it" more now

A draw at Newcastle is not a bad result...but you gotta start winning your home games now

It was worse than the 1981 league cup final decision-remember that one?
Uriah Rennie=Clive Thomas= CHEAT :o
Talking of Alan curbs I was a bit peeved with the interview after when he started moaning at length about the decisions, this week and last weeks.

What Curbs lacks in charisma he gains in realism. Any manager would have complained about that one (some more than Curbs) it was a disrgaceful decision. To be honest though. on MoTD he was only complained about Rennie with a shrug of the shoulders.

Anway must shoot. I've got a plane to catch in a few hours :D

Later.

Deffo Offside

A draw at Newcastle is not a bad result...but you gotta start winning your home games now

Yes, a lot better than that dismal hangover of a display against Reading. Talking of biscuitmen i'm hoping Eggy, our chairman is going to put his hand in and buy another central defender; and most importantly someone on the right. However the midfield is looking better with Nigel Quasi. His face is enough to scare anyone from getting too close in the tackle. There's a few crucial games coming up later in the season, not least, Sheff U, Charlton and Wigan away. We're going to need our donkey of war, alongside our more skillful players, to deal with these, especially Sheff U. As for Reading you've come a long way since those far off days at Elm park in the fourth division but it doesn't get any easier, especially if the players start feeling comfortable next season. However you look a positive side and should be alright if your chairman can put his hand on that fat stash under his bed and broaden the squad. As for the Newcastle 1st goal decision -yes it was a joke- but it shouldn't be used as an excuse. We need to move on and get on with it. As the Isley Brothers said 'We've got work to do, so much work to do'

Deffo Offside

Yes, a lot better than that dismal hangover of a display against Reading. Talking of biscuitmen i'm hoping Eggy, our chairman is going to put his hand in and buy another central defender; and most importantly someone on the right. However the midfield is looking better with Nigel Quasi. His face is enough to scare anyone from getting too close in the tackle. There's a few crucial games coming up later in the season, not least, Sheff U, Charlton and Wigan away. We're going to need our donkey of war, alongside our more skillful players, to deal with these, especially Sheff U. As for Reading you've come a long way since those far off days at Elm park in the fourth division but it doesn't get any easier, especially if the players start feeling comfortable next season. However you look a positive side and should be alright if your chairman can put his hand on that fat stash under his bed and broaden the squad. As for the Newcastle 1st goal decision -yes it was a joke- but it shouldn't be used as an excuse. We need to move on and get on with it. As the Isley Brothers said 'We've got work to do, so much work to do'

just heard of a 'final' bid for Matthew Upson, or Matthew 'Up- another couple of million -son'. I can't remember much about him in Brum's relegation year-was he injured?- but he can't be worth 8 million. We have cover with 'Ringo' McCartney, Mears and now Callum Davenport and Lucas O'Neil but maybe Anton's going to be out for a few weeks, as well as our other stoppers, so we might be getting a bit short in the middle. However can't we take someone on loan like Kepa Blanco and then wait for the summer for a permanent signing or when Gabbidon and Ginge come back from injury. Talking of loans how about Freddie Ljunberg (spelling?) for the rest of the season. We need someone on the right ASAP. Come on you Irons! (and Eggy!)

Deffo Offside

just heard of a 'final' bid for Matthew Upson, or Matthew 'Up- another couple of million -son'. I can't remember much about him in Brum's relegation year-was he injured?- but he can't be worth 8 million. We have cover with 'Ringo' McCartney, Mears and now Callum Davenport and Lucas O'Neil but maybe Anton's going to be out for a few weeks, as well as our other stoppers, so we might be getting a bit short in the middle. However can't we take someone on loan like Kepa Blanco and then wait for the summer for a permanent signing or when Gabbidon and Ginge come back from injury. Talking of loans how about Freddie Ljunberg (spelling?) for the rest of the season. We need someone on the right ASAP. Come on you Irons! (and Eggy!)

I noticed with alarm how we've been slipping out of the top division- in this forum and have decided to get us promoted back to the first page. If real life was this easy, i would be happy, but as one person put it on one other forum at the moment "God hates West Ham" and with the injuries to Tevez, Anton, Gabbidon and now Lucas O'Neil the power that is has made it clear to us suffering West Ham stragglers that it ain't our season. The last thing I heard we have made an absurd bid of 17 million for Darren Bent. However the old chestnut about concentration/league/on the might do us a favour especially if it allows us to have less injuries. I'll be keeping the faith for the Liverpool game and hoping we can finally get out of purgatory. Come on you IRONS!!

Was just wondering ...........................

Are you concentrating on the League now??

Lets all laugh at West Ham, la la la laa

:o:D:D:D:D

You seem to be good at cliches, Spuddo Let's see where we are at the end of the season. Plenty of time left. By the way when did you last beat the gooners?

Spammer

What has the Goons gotta do with you?? Nothing, try defending your own club, i know its difficult, but you can try

Lets talk Jelied Eels mate, lets talk Argentian players and Lucas Neil's wages and Dean Ashton's injuries, lets talk

Roy C punching ability, the list goes on, lol

Another thing, you given up calling us Yids??

Love N17

:o:D:D

Spammer

What has the Goons gotta do with you?? Nothing, try defending your own club, i know its difficult, but you can try

Lets talk Jelied Eels mate, lets talk Argentian players and Lucas Neil's wages and Dean Ashton's injuries, lets talk

Roy C punching ability, the list goes on, lol

Another thing, you given up calling us Yids??

Love N17

:o:D:D

It means you've got delusions of grandeur. you can handle the shrimpers but you're incapable of raising your game when it really matters against the big sides (we've got the opposite problem) Yes i've 'given up' calling you the yids because i don't go in for that anti-jewish bullshit we have plenty of 'yids' supporting us and they're welcome, alongside Yossi in midfield. Yes you mentioned a few current problemas but the club is really about the tradition, history and most of all the supporters. We have our few fickle whingers but they're far fewer compared to most other clubs, including your own. West Ham are the best supported club in London according to Lou Maccari and he's right. In the 'championship' we would get bigger crowds than Chelsea, despite rip off ticket prices, a team struggling to reach the play-offs and exotic teams like Rotherham Utd coming to UP. We have brought numerous players through our youth policy and aim to play football as it should be played. If your team went down, which may happen sooner than you think, your crowds would desert you faster than Arron Lennon and his agent. So it's simple we are a football club who have contributed a lot to the game, despite mis-management. It's about heart and soul, the passion of the supporters and walking down Green Street on a freezing cold afternoon but feeling a glow inside. As for jellied eels I hate them. Give me a claret and blue 'Geng Phet' any day. Love E13.

UPSON SEALS HAMMERS SWITCH

By James Pearson at Sky - Created on 31 Jan 2007

West Ham United have landed Birmingham City defender Matthew Upson for an initial £6million.

More to follow. Link.

redrus

A useful footballer, as long as he doesn't succumb to the West Ham injury jinx. Against the 'Pool we were looking a bit uncertain at the back so he'll offer a bit of decisiveness, hopefully. It's looking interesting down in the dungeon with Wigan falling, Charlton rising and West Ham waiting for fortunes that always seem to be hiding. Wigan have an easier run in, on paper but the next few games for the Irons, against struggling clubs, might start the beginning of a revival. Ojala!

UPSON SEALS HAMMERS SWITCH

By James Pearson at Sky - Created on 31 Jan 2007

West Ham United have landed Birmingham City defender Matthew Upson for an initial £6million.

More to follow. Link.

redrus

A useful footballer, as long as he doesn't succumb to the West Ham injury jinx. Against the 'Pool we were looking a bit uncertain at the back so he'll offer a bit of decisiveness, hopefully. It's looking interesting down in the dungeon with Wigan falling, Charlton rising and West Ham waiting for fortunes that always seem to be hiding. Wigan have an easier run in, on paper but the next few games for the Irons, against struggling clubs, might start the beginning of a revival. Ojala!

Injury Curse strikes again Upson walks off, a few minutes later the ball goes in. However the injury to Upson is not as serious as first thought, apparently he is due to get back within 3 weeks. Hopefully we won't have been cast further adrift by then, though it is looking bad. West Ham fans are really facing up to plunging back to the fizzy pop league. Most of the game we lacked ideas and seemed to be playing for a draw which ain't West Ham. The form of Boa-Morte (dead-snake) was particularly depressing and Blanco lived up to his name. Zamora noodled away running up blind alleys and Quasi looked the relegation journey-man that supporters had feared. Nevertheless there were flickers of hope; Dolphin Harewood looked dangerous and ready to dig us out of this hole and Nigel Rio-Coker found time to do some work in midfield. Matty Etherington also rediscovered the art of crossing If we do go down we'll be in better shape financially than under Brown, last time, and we should hang onto and even expand the squad. Watford and Charlton up next. This is it or it's mighty Scunthorpe next season. Come on you Irons

Good to hear that West Ham are looking to head where they belong.

Down.

In the words of Keddy."Negative football"

It suits yer

Listen hoofer we try to play the game as the way it should but unfortunatly teams such as the one you support with limited fan bases have to resort to win with ugly tactics at the cost of basic entertainment. This may work one season but the next your'll be down to the fizzy, I suspect . As for 'down where we belong' what have you ever achieved in your history and which of our teams have spent the most time outside the top division in the last 80 years or so? Come back with a more coherent argument you northern troll. :o

:o:bah::D

Is that it? Must have taken all your resources to come up with a few smiley faces. :D However Good Luck, fella, for the rest of the season, at least your team plays with a bit of spirit, as shown against Totteringham yesterday. :D:D:bah:

555555 sorry guys, now you know what it was like for us Charlton crew for the whole of the 2nd half of last season.

No mate, this is West Ham we're talking about here. Curbs inhereted Pardew's team with all the other problems going with it. With Charlton he took a mediocre team to Premiership status and kept you there on a shoestring and gained respect for doing so. He was shrewd enough to get out when the he foresaw that things had got stale and you were going to be in deep trouble. To be honest he's a far better and more proven manager than Pardew, as you'll no doubt discover when Pardew's honeymoon period at your Club is over.

Curb's has obviously got his work out out at our Club, but I'm convinced that in the longer term that he's the man to sort it.

Well, the time has come, who now has the best reject?

C'mon Charlton,

Aye...MASSIVE game coming up at the wekend for you 2.

Should be full of spite and venom with the two opposing managers having switched clubs and old Eggie having a good old swipe at Pardew this week.

Cant wait to watch it all unfold

Yeah, it's another must win game to add to the last umpteen we've failed to win It's also hard to get motivated when it's Charlton. If it was the Spuds, L'arse or Roublesea, I would have more inspiration and confidence but it's another uninspiring, workmanlike bunch of journeymen with a bunch of flask carrying addicks anoraks watching them, facing a bunch masquerading as West Ham players though with great backing from our long suffering followers. Whoever wins it's going be a slog catching up with the teams above. However I'll be up for it as the saturday draws closer and yes it was interesting to hear Eggy talking about Pards. Maybe an attempt to dampen some of the cheers for Pardew from the WHU supporters, when the teams come out. In truth I think both managers will get a big cheer though Curbs has definitely come back from his honeymoon and he ain't the most charismatic of people. To be fair I think he needs a pre-season with these players sort them out, get rid of the people who don't want to play for us and then come back strong for next season. Nevertheless with West Ham expect the unexpected; if we can beat the goons and mancs we can certainly beat anyone else and - dare I say it-go on a run :o . Although if we do go down, apart from the delight of meeting Scunthorpe and Plymouth- it will give me a chance to get rid of UBC! but as always for this weekend -as usual COME ON YOU IRONS :D:D:D

Archived