BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EastSaxCol

West Ham Thread

When is Ashton back?

February apparently. Although to be fair, it's unlikely that he'll be fully match fit until it's too late to make the difference. It's what's sorted both off the pitch and in the shop window that's going to save us. Cheers.

The worse thing was the look of bewildement on AC's face at the interview. It seemed he doesn't know why they're playing like this or how to get through to them. The team spirit and confidence just disappeared after the 1st goal. Can it really get any worse than this. At least there's still time to turn it around but where does he begin?

I don't think that I've ever seen a manager so obviously hurting after a game. I agree that it it can't get any worse. So the only way's up. Hopefully!!!

Sometimes I get a bit of a lift watching our younger supporters carrying on the tradition.

All the best.

From the rumour mill but probably a genuine source. From there on in it's just a matter of guessing where the caps fit for the time being.

The Chairman is as you may of guessed extremely unhappy with the players. He will meet Curbs later today to discuss the situation.

Curbs who is said to be shocked with the attitude of the squad will make his first change of heart and actively look to move some players on. There are serious issues within the camp and the Chairman is said to believe that the results over Christmas merely back up his decision to bring in a new

manager.

The players being are to be moved on for a variety of reasons with one of them being a disruptive influence, one not giving a toss, one of them having personal difficulties and the other three being simply not good enough to play for West Ham.

Curbs will look to bring in some of the following tracked players which include Lucas Neill, SWP/A Young, Claus Jensen, Distain, Beattie and Viduka.

Forget talk of a budget the Chairman will give Curbs what he wants.

I won't be naming the players for several reasons however I will say that if we were to stay up then I would expect the cull to be bigger in the summer.

The first objective will be to break up a clique of players and the second objective is to weed out a couple of players who are trying to engineer moves away from the club. You'd be surprised at one of the players in the not good enough column.

There are clearly a couple others that could fit that bill but it is unlikely that Curbs will attempt to move them on until the summer.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76449

I saw the result yesterday and I couldn't believe it, don't mean to rub it in but my manager is a Hammers fan,

I was actually looking forward to going to work today. His face was a picture!! haha

Oh well I'm sure you will bounce back, Curbs is a good manager!

I've been biting my tonge for a few weeks now but its gotta come out

I know its childish

I know this tune...................

Lets all laugh at West Ham, lets all laugh at West ham, na, na, naa, na

:o:D:D:D:D

Love N17

I've been biting my tonge for a few weeks now but its gotta come out

I know its childish

But you can't help yourself... Now piss off and moan about not winnining any trophies or some other innanities befitting the pea-brained.
Love N17

Exactly why would anyone love anywhere near White <deleted> Lane?

Love, London E16.

See the different meaning that correct use of punctuation produces ? Hope that helps, sonny boy.

Bobby Moore would be turning in his grave at whats going down at upton Park right now.

Its been quite enlightening ..HH's posts about the "Baby Bentley Boys".

but you must expect other London team's fans to revel in your imminent demise HH.

Whoever you get in...takes time to gel..I fear its too late for you now...but you can bounce back up again next year....fear it ill be either your good selves or Wigan...they are coming to play us soon so we will do our best to beat them...and we will.

Charlton & Watford are as good as gone.

Its between WH, Boro and Wigan for that last place..dont know any Wigan or Boro fans on TV ...so good luck

TP

but you must expect other London team's fans to revel in your imminent demise HH.
Don't wory mate. When it all comes down to dust we've always given back more than we got to the likes of Tottscum, Millscum or Chelsington. Fact.

I don't think that we have an 'imminent demise'. We can't go any lower than we are right now. As one of the better examples of the Chelsington species (Seapok) said...

I'm sure you will bounce back, Curbs is a good manager!

I make him right.

Curbishley adds Neill and Viduka to his list of targets

Jon Brodkin and Louise Taylor

Thursday January 4, 2007

The Guardian

Alan Curbishley has joined the contest to sign the Blackburn Rovers right-back Lucas Neill and is mulling over a swap that would bring Middlesbrough's Mark Viduka to Upton Park in exchange for Marlon Harewood, as he tries to drag West Ham United out of the relegation zone.

Neill and Viduka feature on an extensive list drawn up by Curbishley, who hopes to make at least four signings this month. Both players are out of contract in the summer and West Ham face stiff competition for them. Liverpool are confident of getting Neill, who is also wanted by Newcastle, and Viduka's suitors also include the St James' Park club.

Reports last night also suggested that a deal for the Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips worth just under £10m is close to being finalised by West Ham. Curbishley's wish list also includes West Bromwich's former Hammer John Hartson, an indication of the manager's desire to sign a player who can not only score goals but also hold up the ball and provide an aerial threat.

Blimey, Yossi will have to watch his back if Hartson returns :o

Curbishley adds Neill and Viduka to his list of targets

Jon Brodkin and Louise Taylor

Thursday January 4, 2007

The Guardian

Alan Curbishley has joined the contest to sign the Blackburn Rovers right-back Lucas Neill and is mulling over a swap that would bring Middlesbrough's Mark Viduka to Upton Park in exchange for Marlon Harewood, as he tries to drag West Ham United out of the relegation zone.

Neill and Viduka feature on an extensive list drawn up by Curbishley, who hopes to make at least four signings this month. Both players are out of contract in the summer and West Ham face stiff competition for them. Liverpool are confident of getting Neill, who is also wanted by Newcastle, and Viduka's suitors also include the St James' Park club.

Reports last night also suggested that a deal for the Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips worth just under £10m is close to being finalised by West Ham. Curbishley's wish list also includes West Bromwich's former Hammer John Hartson, an indication of the manager's desire to sign a player who can not only score goals but also hold up the ball and provide an aerial threat.

Blimey, Yossi will have to watch his back if Hartson returns :o

And his Head.

Stiff competition to sign Viduka are you sure?

Why do that lot keep thinking they are in White Hart Lane when they are in fact in the High Road.?

Previously 'reliable source' reckons Boa Morte, 5 million, subject to a medical. If the SWP thing happens then that's the two wings sorted then

Just seems a shame when we had a decent team and it all goes tits up. Now we have to buy another bunch of players of the same ability we already have.

As you say H H it looks as though they all thought all they had to do was turn up after last season.

Previously 'reliable source' reckons Boa Morte, 5 million, subject to a medical. If the SWP thing happens then that's the two wings sorted then

Mr Dead snake, eh, sounds interesting he plays like a leader which is what we need at the moment but how old is he? Is he worth the money? SWP I'm less convinced but he can't do any worse on the right though i don't want to see the back of Yossi, who i would like to see in the middle. There has also been mention of big, fat johnny hartson. This is not so crazy as it seems as he would be an alright stop gap for this miserable season. Don't want to see the back of dolphin Harewood either but he looks like a player who has no confidence left in the tank. Come on you Irons!!!

SWP..read Trevor Sinclair a few years ago.

HH...how about a change of Avitar...very difficult to take you seriously.....however my other one is a RFC shirt.

maybee my current one is <deleted> too...but yours is just plain crazy man..why not just put a WH logo...I have never seen any posts of yours elsewhere..do you still live in the UK Mate

No offence intended

TP

PS..if you could find a pic of Alf Garnett that would be brilliant !!! People of my age worship him

"I'm goin down the pub ya silly moo" priceless

Mr Dead snake, eh, sounds interesting he plays like a leader which is what we need at the moment but how old is he? Is he worth the money? SWP I'm less convinced but he can't do any worse on the right though i don't want to see the back of Yossi, who i would like to see in the middle. There has also been mention of big, fat johnny hartson. This is not so crazy as it seems as he would be an alright stop gap for this miserable season. Don't want to see the back of dolphin Harewood either but he looks like a player who has no confidence left in the tank. Come on you Irons!!!

I'd hate to se Yossi go too. There's been a lot of media crap about him slagging off West Ham and all that. But he's come out with some very positive statements in refutation. The only two that seem interestesd in Yossi at the moment are Fat Sam and Harry. Can't see that he'd choose either of those two over us. But who knows?

It wouldn't suprise me to see Marlon off somewhere though. The guy's got massive potential but as you infer, he's a confience player whose doesn't have any at the moment. But that more often than not has been the way with him at West Ham.

Boa Morte's got about three good seasons in him. Twenty-nine is a good age for a player - plenty of experience but still young enough to deliver the goods. We'll see if this rumours right. As far as SWP's concerned , it's been confirmed that he's in talks with us.

Interesting days with a speculated four players coming and some of the charlies (pun intended) going out - hopefully.