West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

You are still welcome to add sensible critique but try to be intelligient in your chocie of words.
Wiithin the dialectical critique of historical social analysis if one were to juxtapose the rise of one industrial bourgoisie against their counterpart Jewish immigrant population within the same corresponding community we find an animosity based upon exploitation an disproportionate advantage based upon capital accumulation.

It is within the geographical displacement of this community that we recognise terminology that has been used to depreciate those residing within the same location - specified as being North of the river Thames but with same identifying postal code. However I refrain using any terminology which I deem deprecatory to minority racial groupings.

The area specified as being North of the Thames of course includes a vast area including East, North and West London and their corresponding 'home counties'. This notwithstanding, our concern is with two areas that realised a diverse social grouping i.e. the proletariat of East London and the incipient bourgoisie of North London (particularly North West London).

Wiin the proletarian immigrant community of East London (Whitechapel, Stepney and the vicinity) the predominant means of production was one of three industries, vis-a-vis, tailoring, shoemaking and printing. The newly settled Jewish community quickly adopted the skill for two of these industries, shoemaking, but particularly tailoring.The 'East End' had not only become a bustling, diverse community , but also one tha harboured radical ideas of (particularly) anarchism amongst the proletariat of the area- namely the Jewish immigrant community. I hasten to add that this anarchism was of the philosophical strain with some intellectual credibility (Marx himself saw fit to refute the ideas of a leading anarchist - Bakunin) but not the kind of anarchism that gave rise in the C20 which is more akin to mindless nihilism.

With the displacement of the rural peasantry into the industrial areas of the growing cities, in which is refered to as the Industrial Revolution (IR) - circa 1760-1840 - came a commensurate degree of social isolation or alienation. Gone was the securety of provision by the rural landlord, the tightly knit agricultural community and the seasonal 'folk' festivals that marked the beginning and the end of the seasonal circle of crop production. A new outlet was was needed to express a sense of common identity within the fast growing industrial communities that lived in sepration from each other as the capitalist ethos (inividualism) dictated.

The growth of football as a working-class sport provided such an outlet. The new football grounds of Sheffield , Manchester and London, etc. provided a space where a common identity could be expressed without the contraints and shakles of the rule abiding status quo.

The wage slaves of capitalism - the working class - could dance, swear and whatever they pleased in these new centres of festivity, wherein de-alienation could be experienced for a short time on a Saturday and a community celebration was the new form of past rural festivity should the community team experience Cup success.

West Ham United (or Thames Ironworks as it was then known) was one such football Club that saw its incipience during the IR. Born out of conflict within the workplace, it also served as a focal point for the East End proletariat - the poorest and most deprived in London.

The East End population already mentioned (above) was highly represented in its affiliation to Thames Ironworks and subsequent names and locations - as indeed where the Irish immigrant population latterly to be.

However, the Jewish population of the East End were experiencing an increasing fractionalization within its own community. A distinct animosity and sense of betrayal was felt by the working class in the traditional Jewish industries as their compatriot entrepeneurial and new bourgoisie - small industry owners - became increasingly wealthy : leaving those who had suffered the same displacement inreasingly poor - or at the very least stagnant in terms of quality of life. The solidarity of the community was fractionalised between the two classes that so defines capitalism in it's earliest and rawest state: the working class and the capitalist class. Workers versus bosses.

It is in this climate, and the increased accumulation of wealth of the bosses, that those who had made their new fortunes at what was viewed as being at he expense of their fellow immigrants sough a better quality of life. As vibrant and semi-communal as the East End was it was also steeped in poverty and the (as we all know) the filthy industial smoke of the factories blew east.

These new pastures green for the Jewish bourgoisie were to be found in the petit- bourgois suburbs of North West London. Far away from the grime and poverty of their own people and where the populace of the area had a 'nice team', not born from industial conflict but representing the petit-bourgois who lived in the leafy streets of North West London - Tottenham Hotspur.

The antagonism towards their workplace employers was also expressed towards their alliegance to their community (in the loosest sense of the word) football team. Thames Ironworks and West Ham United represented the oppressed and Tottenham Hotspur the oppressor and their ad herents in the eyes of those who were now increasingly becoming the backbone of the East End. West Ham was a wholly working class team and Tottenhan Hotspur at the very least , a representaive of the bourgoidie.

To put it bluntly and in a short space. That's the history of why West Ham hate Tottenham.

I hope that I've been

intelligient
in my
chocie
of words :D

Please is don't try and sanitise our game by imposing the middle-class status quo. Pease respect our diverse histories that find expression in banter. And above all - please don't partonise us.

Best wishes. Happy Hammer

Well said hammer :o .

Well said Hammer :D .

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please is don't try and sanitise our game by imposing the middle-class status quo. Pease respect our diverse histories that find expression in banter without being effectively ghettoised on some special thread where banter is easily policed... for the benefit of whom ? Above all - please don't patronisie :D us

I think it is you who is patronising, or attempting to patronise myself. I run this forum for the benefit of Footie fans, I'm not paid to do so, I spend a fair few hours a week running it and the prediction compo. In the 9 months or so it has been running I have received only one complaint in the way that I run it, and that would be this post from yourself.

That in itself speaks volumes.

The thread I opened is specifically for 'banter' I will not police it unless some mindless idiot decides to go in for personal attacks, if you wish to fall into that category, be my guest.

I begged the admin to have this sub-forum and I will follow their rules to the letter, if that is a problem and you feel ' patronised' then that is a shame.

This forum is primarily a Thailand based website, we have to respect that, if it is full on footie slating you desire may I suggest the 606 website, if that doesn't come across as patronising to you...... :D

:o

I think it is you who is patronising, or attempting to patronise myself. In a battle of wits you will find yourself in 2nd place HH - :D
<deleted> ??? :D
I run this forum for the benefit of Footie fans, I'm not paid to do so, I spend a fair few hours a week running it and the prediction compo. In the 9 months or so it has been running I have received only one complaint in the way that I run it, and that would be this post from yourself.

"Footie" (I hate that term almost as much as I do 'soccer') :D

I am not so much critising your running of the site, but as you had expressely stated that someone in the chain of command had asked you to moderate the comments on this sub-forum, then my comments were addressed as much to them as yourself. No one has complained about your running of the forum - don't be so tetchy. The only thing that I've seen that could be considered out of order is the use of the racist term "Yid" - which I personally object to; but nothing is said concerning this.

I think that my comments would be received with sympathy - if not support - from a great number of football fans, However, I really don't wish to make this a battle of power. Life is too short.

The thread I opened is specifically for 'banter' I will not police it unless some mindless idiot decides to go in for personal attacks, if you wish to fall into that category, be my guest.
I assume that by your comments that you don't consider me a "mindless idiot"? Well, thanks for that. :D

But to be quite honest I hadn't realy noticed anyone else that could be defined in that category either.

I begged the admin to have this sub-forum and I will follow their rules to the letter, if that is a problem and you feel ' patronised' then that is a shame.

Why beg ? This forum probably has as many 'hits' as any other.

Well what can I say? At least you haven't threatened to ban me or something equally as- for want of a better word - authoritarian. But it all sounds a bit like Blair when he said before the last General Election, in effect 'if you don't like it, lump it". Stlll what so we football fans know about democracy or anything else, as were all too thick to express an opinion. Doffs cap.

We at West Ham have no problem expressing our voice. But there again, perhaps we're no sheep that silently provide bums on seats (or sites) without any radicalisation when we consider something a step too far. We have a history of protest you know. :o

Best wishes and respect (but not for your team,obviously) :bah:

PS

I shall not be participating in the ghettoe thread as I dislike the artificially constructed when it comes to expressing sometimes irrational emotion and equally irrational dislikes (of teams not persons).

PPS

And <deleted> don't screw up against Charlton. Silly little Totts :bah:

Well said Hammer :bah: .

A waste of bandwidth and the worse case of verbal trots I have seen for a while.

I'm watching you 2 ......... :o:D

I'm just up for a bit o' banter , and as for wasting bandwith space , I dont know how to :D:D .

Maybe I should let you southern shandy's get on with it :D:bah: .

I think it is you who is patronising, or attempting to patronise myself. In a battle of wits you will find yourself in 2nd place HH - :D
<deleted> ??? :D

Agreed, I made a daft comment , that's why I almost instantly deleted the line , somehow you managed to capture it, nice! :bah:

I run this forum for the benefit of Footie fans, I'm not paid to do so, I spend a fair few hours a week running it and the prediction compo. In the 9 months or so it has been running I have received only one complaint in the way that I run it, and that would be this post from yourself.

"Footie" (I hate that term almost as much as I do 'soccer') :D

I am not so much critising your running of the site, but as you had expressely stated that someone in the chain of command had asked you to moderate the comments on this sub-forum, then my comments were addressed as much to them as yourself. No one has complained about your running of the forum - don't be so tetchy. The only thing that I've seen that could be considered out of order is the use of the racist term "Yid" - which I personally object to; but nothing is said concerning this.

As a Spurs fan myself I let this comment slide,when it appears, but your objection, as an Eastender with a heart has been duly noted...

I think that my comments would be received with sympathy - if not support - from a great number of football fans, However, I really don't wish to make this a battle of power. Life is too short.

I assume that by your comments that you don't consider me a "mindless idiot"? Well, thanks for that. :o

But to be quite honest I hadn't realy noticed anyone else that could be defined in that category either.

Why beg ? This forum probably has as many 'hits' as any other.

Thiavisa is by far the largest Thai expat forum, I've been on board for 4 years almost, it wasn't easy getting this sub forum up and running, but running it is and I intend to keep it that way.

Well what can I say? At least you haven't threatened to ban me or something equally as- for want of a better word - authoritarian. But it all sounds a bit like Blair when he said before the last General Election, in effect 'if you don't like it, lump it". Stlll what so we football fans know about democracy or anything else, as were all too thick to express an opinion. Doffs cap.

We at West Ham have no problem expressing our voice. But there again, perhaps we're no sheep that silently provide bums on seats (or sites) without any radicalisation when we consider something a step too far. We have a history of protest you know. :D

Best wishes and respect (but not for your team,obviously) ;)

PS

I shall not be participating in the ghettoe thread as I dislike the artificially constructed when it comes to expressing sometimes irrational emotion and equally irrational dislikes (of teams not persons).

PPS

And <deleted> don't screw up against Charlton. Silly little Totts :D

No problem !

Try to return the favour by beating Bolton!

99 % of the postings in this sub-forum today seem to be in the 'ghetto[e] thread ' .

That'll do for me.

:bah:

No favour to you mate - just the pragmatic need to win.

Come on you Lilly Whites :o I never thought that I'd have to say that.

Not that it's much of a comparison perhaps. But over 90% of Germans were Nazis. Didn't make them right though. :D

No favour to you mate - just the pragmatic need to win.

Come on you Lilly Whites :bah: I never thought that I'd have to say that.

Not that it's much of a comparison perhaps. But over 90% of Germans were Nazis. Didn't make them right though. :o

I don't know if it's the change of climate, the relegation struggle and the nightmare of a horrible hydra of a Dave Whelan, Neil Warnock, Paul Jewell with the owner of Harrods bringing up the rear spouting their snake oil. the pollution of Chiang Mai, a flu bug, dengue or the stress of following the Irons.but I'm feeling rough not made better by trawling through all these legal arguments on various sites. I put it down to a lack of London soot in the system, been away too long. However I'm looking forward to tomorrow and whatever happens it's likely to be more or less resolved. How are you doing HH? should be used to this rollercoaster by now but the club always gives you an unexpected twist!Wherever you're watching it cheers to you and COME ON YOU RIP-ROARING IRONS!!!! :o:D:D I'll take a 4-0 and a win 1-0 at the Mancs and watch Sir Alex's nose turn claret and blue if it hasn't already. :D:D:bah:

I don't know if it's the change of climate, the relegation struggle and the nightmare of a horrible hydra of a Dave Whelan, Neil Warnock, Paul Jewell with the owner of Harrods bringing up the rear spouting their snake oil. the pollution of Chiang Mai, a flu bug, dengue or the stress of following the Irons.but I'm feeling rough not made better by trawling through all these legal arguments on various sites. I put it down to a lack of London soot in the system, been away too long. However I'm looking forward to tomorrow and whatever happens it's likely to be more or less resolved. How are you doing HH? should be used to this rollercoaster by now but the club always gives you an unexpected twist!Wherever you're watching it cheers to you and COME ON YOU RIP-ROARING IRONS!!!! :o:D:D I'll take a 4-0 and a win 1-0 at the Mancs and watch Sir Alex's nose turn claret and blue if it hasn't already. :D:D:bah:
Watcha keddy :bah:

Hope that you're feeling better mate. Was up in Chiang Mai a few months ago. Not quite akin to the old London smog, but definately reminded me of the fog. Fair pleased to get back to the fresh air of Bangkok. Even though it meant speanding 10 days in Bangkok International Hospital - unrelated to air pollution though. Hospital ? Bloody five star hotel mores the like, at the expense of the insurance of course. Alright now though. Just need to keep an eye on deep vein thrombosis developing from cellulitus.

Anyway don't worry mate, by the time all this points deduction malarky gets to law - if it does- most people will realise that it's sour grapes by those (hopefully) relegated. I know what you mean about trawling threads about it all. Fair does me 'ead in too.

Don't know if you caught this one?

Could be b.ll..ks, could be true. Make of it what you will.

Kia Joorabchian has asked West Ham for £1m to play Tevez in the last two games as he only 'allowed' him to play at Wigan as a Goodwill gesture.

The bald Icelander has told the Iranian to go **** himself.

Tevez's agent has now contacted the club to say that Tevez has developed some sort of injury. Don't expect to see him play in our colours again."

Sad if true. Although I hear that he's on his way to Liverpool anyway ? But he's sure needed for these last games.

Anyway. CUMMON YOU FREE SCORING IRONZZ !!!

Ironzz...Ironzz...Ironzz

Stitched up by the scousers at Fulham (9 bloody reserves! ) Hope that Milan stuff 'em now.

It's tight but we can do it. Villa need to beat Sheff.Utd later to really help us. Even a draw at OT next week will see us safe for sure.

Curb's is the man, the way that he's turned round the attitude in the dressing room and got them fighting again.

Alan Curbishley's Claret and Blue Army !!!

Well done guys...reckon you are safe now...great display , especaly by Tevez.

Told you you would be OK.but what about Liverpool fieldig a reserve team today...surely thats not fair on anybody down there ?(except Fulham of course)

Liverpool Team today was:

Jose Reina

Gabriel Paletta

Emiliano Insua

Alvaro Arbeloa

Sami Hyypia

Mark Gonzalez

Jermaine Pennant

Mohamed Sissoko

Xabi Alonso

Craig Bellamy

Robbie Fowler

Subs

Harry Kewell

Jack Hobbs

Steve Finnan

Nabil El Zhar

Daniele Padelli

A bloody digrace. :o

Easy peasy. I think what it all means is that we really need to draw or beter still Manure.

The relegation equation

Filed: Saturday, 5th May 2007

By: Matthwe O'Greel

Tired of trying to work out the different permutations already? Hopefully this will help ...

Following today's results - and confirmation of Sheffield United's 3-0 defeat at Aston Villa - Wigan and Charlton are the only two clubs left relying on the results of others to avoid relegation.

West Ham, Sheffield United and Fulham all have their destiny in their own hands - although any final day slip-up could prove the difference between survivial and relegation.

Sheffield United's defeat at Villa Park this evening means that the Blades would slip below Wigan on goal difference should the Latics win next weekend's clash - good news for any West Ham fans worrying about the possibility of a Northern pact.

The Hammers will however need to avoid anything other than a narrow defeat as goal difference could still prove vital come the final minutes of next week's games.

Fulham

Fulham will go down ...

1. If (a) they lose to Middlesbrough and (:o West Ham beat Manchester United and © Sheffield United beat Wigan and (d) Charlton win their last two games (goal difference).

Fulham will definitely stay up ...

If they avoid defeat against Middlesbrough.

Sheffield United

Sheffield United will go down ...

1. If (a) they lose to Wigan and (:D West Ham avoid defeat at Manchester United.

2. If (a) Charlton win their last two games and (:D they lose to Wigan.

3. If (a) they draw against Wigan and (:D West Ham win at Manchester United and © Charlton win their last two games.

Sheffield United will definitely stay up ...

If they beat Wigan.

West Ham United

West Ham will go down ...

1. If (a) they lose at Manchester United and (:D Charlton win their two remaning games and © Wigan beat Sheffield United.

2. If (a) they draw at Manchester United and (:bah: Sheffield United avoid defeat against Wigan and Charlton win their two remaning games.

West Ham will definitely stay up ...

If they beat Manchester United.

Wigan Athletic

Wigan will go down ...

1. If they fail to beat Sheffield United.

2. If (a) they beat Sheffield United and (:bah: West Ham draw at Manchester United.

Charlton Athletic

Charlton will go down ...

1. If they fail to win both of their two remaining games.

2. If West Ham beat Manchester United and Sheffield United beat Wigan (and a draw will almost certainly suffice).

Cheers HH.

I enjoyed taking that in.

I have to say that I was very impressed with WH performance this weekend . Totally saddened by Sheff U playing as it was a Sunday morning again.

For the sake of the game I hope that all this silly b***cks with court actions does,nt happen.

Cheers

Cheers HH.

I enjoyed taking that in.

I have to say that I was very impressed with WH performance this weekend . Totally saddened by Sheff U playing as it was a Sunday morning again.

For the sake of the game I hope that all this silly b***cks with court actions does,nt happen.

Cheers

Terrific result and what was great the boys had an appetite and a stomach for the fight and got stuck in, especially in the first half. I was a bit surprised with Bolton; they looked out of sorts. Maybe there's a case for a lawsuit from Dave Whelen. :o but they were never allowed to get hold of the midfield. What was also a little amusing was seeing Hammy Lee in a suit that looked like it had come from Big Sam's wardrobe and the post-match interview conducted in Icelandic, he makes Steven Gerrard sound like a 1930's BBC Home service presenter. I would be worried if I were a Bolt-on fan, I think they could be in our position next year. The only slight downer was the second half when we became too self-concious, it was as if they all turned round and thought F###### hel_l we're caning Bolton! Is this really happening? but they were so shambolic we could have put a lot more goals in and really sorted out the goal difference deficit. But that's alright as It's great to finally crawl out of the bunker of the bottom three for the first time in 5 months. I can also really see us causing Man Yoo's defence a lot of problems next week and the way Wigan have slumped, it will be difficult to see how they can pull themselves out of their downward spiral. I'm a little uneasy about Charlton. They really have to pull out the stops. If they win against the Totts they could be facing another second string side at Anfield.but it's just great seeing West Ham playing with belief. Well Done, especially Linda, Ginge, Banjo Bobby, Noble and, of course,the outlaw Carlitos Tevez. :D Johnny Ball, Amir Khan, Nat Lofthouse, Ian McKellen, Howard Devoto,You boys took a hel_l of a beating!! :D:D:D

Nice One HH. I think Carlitos 'Bandito' Tevez must stay, though there is a curse, as you probably know, with Hammer of the Year as the winners often have an iffy following season. However please get your Krona out Eggy. By the way there is an interview on BBC Radio London with Eggy, on the internet, of course. with Steve Bunce who is Hammer. It's this friday I think. :o

There was an interview with Eggy on R5 this morning (Sun) mate - English time 0930. I don't know for sure - but maybe they have it recorded for playback on their site?

Love the man - in a wholesome way of course :o

Afterword:

Just checked and they haven't updated the playbacks for today yet. I'll give a link when they have (tomorrow?)

Egg eyes Tevez talks after finale

Sun 06 May, 12:15 PM

West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson will discuss Argentina forward Carlos Tevez's future at Upton Park at the end of the season.The Premier League, who fined West Ham £5.5million for breaking rules when signing Tevez and Javier Mascherano, are satisfied with Tevez's registration but four clubs threatened by relegation have raised concerns the Hammers remain subject to third-party influence.

Tevez was cleared to play in the last two games following an agreement with Media Sports Investment (MSI), who own the economic rights to him, and Magnusson admits he is unsure where the player will be over the summer.

"I would like to see him at West Ham for the next few seasons but there are a lot of things that have to be resolved before that happens," he said on BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek.

"I wouldn't be surprised if there is interest from other clubs, so we will have to see.

"I don't know at this point in time, we'll see when the season ends. He's a great lad, a great footballer who loves his football and likes playing for West Ham."

Tevez has galvanised West Ham and given them a chance of survival, angering their relegation rivals who thought they should have been docked points for breaking Premier League rules.

Charlton, Fulham, Sheffield United and Wigan have confirmed they are taking legal advice following the Premier League's fine.

"I leave that that is up to the Premier League," said Magnusson.

"I can understand in a way but I cannot understand going everyday to the press and saying this and that.

"If they are gong to make a legal challenge they should come out when they decide to do so. That's my opinion."

He added: "Paul Jewell (the Wigan boss) said it well - he said it was not down to Carlos Tevez or West Ham being deducted points that they were in the relegation zone.

"It was because they (Wigan) were not playing well enough. These matters should be decided on the field of play."

Magnusson will decide this week whether to appeal the record fine imposed by the Premier League.

"All of us involved were a little bit surprised in some ways, relieved in other ways," admitted the Icelandic biscuit tycoon.

"We have done nothing at this stage but will probably look into these things this week.

"I've said the whole time I was not expecting a points deduction but the fine, of course, was very high."

Tevez's efforts - he scored twice in the victory over Bolton on Saturday, West Ham's sixth win in eight matches - has given Alan Curbishley's men a real chance of survival with one match to go.

"It's been quite a rollercoaster," said Magnusson. "It's in our hands for the first time in five or six months and that's important."

While Tevez's future at Upton Park is uncertain, Magnusson is confident of building on West Ham's end-of-season form.

He added: "We have too many players and there has to be some changes. But I see the unity in the team and if we stay in the Premiership they could blossom next season.

"We have won six out of eight and if you keep that up you would be challenging for Europe."

Egg eyes Tevez talks after finale

Sun 06 May, 12:15 PM

West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson will discuss Argentina forward Carlos Tevez's future at Upton Park at the end of the season.The Premier League, who fined West Ham £5.5million for breaking rules when signing Tevez and Javier Mascherano, are satisfied with Tevez's registration but four clubs threatened by relegation have raised concerns the Hammers remain subject to third-party influence.

Tevez was cleared to play in the last two games following an agreement with Media Sports Investment (MSI), who own the economic rights to him, and Magnusson admits he is unsure where the player will be over the summer.

"I would like to see him at West Ham for the next few seasons but there are a lot of things that have to be resolved before that happens," he said on BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek.

"I wouldn't be surprised if there is interest from other clubs, so we will have to see.

"I don't know at this point in time, we'll see when the season ends. He's a great lad, a great footballer who loves his football and likes playing for West Ham."

Tevez has galvanised West Ham and given them a chance of survival, angering their relegation rivals who thought they should have been docked points for breaking Premier League rules.

Charlton, Fulham, Sheffield United and Wigan have confirmed they are taking legal advice following the Premier League's fine.

"I leave that that is up to the Premier League," said Magnusson.

"I can understand in a way but I cannot understand going everyday to the press and saying this and that.

"If they are gong to make a legal challenge they should come out when they decide to do so. That's my opinion."

He added: "Paul Jewell (the Wigan boss) said it well - he said it was not down to Carlos Tevez or West Ham being deducted points that they were in the relegation zone.

"It was because they (Wigan) were not playing well enough. These matters should be decided on the field of play."

Magnusson will decide this week whether to appeal the record fine imposed by the Premier League.

"All of us involved were a little bit surprised in some ways, relieved in other ways," admitted the Icelandic biscuit tycoon.

"We have done nothing at this stage but will probably look into these things this week.

"I've said the whole time I was not expecting a points deduction but the fine, of course, was very high."

Tevez's efforts - he scored twice in the victory over Bolton on Saturday, West Ham's sixth win in eight matches - has given Alan Curbishley's men a real chance of survival with one match to go.

"It's been quite a rollercoaster," said Magnusson. "It's in our hands for the first time in five or six months and that's important."

While Tevez's future at Upton Park is uncertain, Magnusson is confident of building on West Ham's end-of-season form.

He added: "We have too many players and there has to be some changes. But I see the unity in the team and if we stay in the Premiership they could blossom next season.

"We have won six out of eight and if you keep that up you would be challenging for Europe."

Heard the interview but difficult to know about the Tevez's future. Obviously depends on where we are but even if we stay up there is a danger the Goons might come sniffing around, although he might not fit into the Wenger library vibe down there. I hope Macherano hasn't been on the phone about trips to Athens and other exotic destinations next year. However he likes London which leaves Chelsea, but hopefully he doesn't want to be a super-sub. What gives me hope, apart from the rapport with the fans, is that Luca O'Neil signed and mentioned the ambition of the club. So if he chose us over Pool then we might be alright with 'El Bandito' staying on. I don't think he's cut out for trips to Scunthorpe or Colchester, though he coped alright with Wigan :o ., but hopefully we can stay up and move on to better things next year. Special mention to Glen Roeder I expect him to get the Real Madrid job soon!Glen is a genius! :D

Special mention to Glen Roeder I expect him to get the Real Madrid job soon!Glen is a genius!

I thought that Sarfend might suit him. Nice retirement homes over in Thorpe Bay too. Expensive, but he can't be short of a few bob. Didn't we have to pay him 1ml in compensation as well ? Nice work for taking us down and the Barcodes not winning in 10 games.

The man's a disaster.

1. We win: we stay up :o

2. We draw: we stay up :D

3. We lose, Wigan lose: we stay up :bah:

4. We lose, Wigan draw: we stay up :bah:

I think that we'll stay up :D

You're welcome !

:D

Well, let's put it this way. I'm glad that there weren't dodgey chefs over in North London for that one. :D

Lifted this one from westhamonline

Just checking the WHUFC entry*and nearly choked on my lunch...do I detect a naughty Wigan hand in this...or have I been missing something when I chanted this at the ground on Saturday? I think we should be told..

They are also known as "The Hammers" by the media, because of the club's origins as Thames Ironworks company football team (see club crest). However, they are also known as "The Irons" by their own supporters (again, from the club's origins at the Thames Ironworks), although recently the nickname 'Irons' is thought to reflect the fact that a lot of their support is from the gay community. They are also known as "The Cockney Boys" from their history of being a cockney team.

*Wikipedia

Lifted this one from westhamonline
Just checking the WHUFC entry*and nearly choked on my lunch...do I detect a naughty Wigan hand in this...or have I been missing something when I chanted this at the ground on Saturday? I think we should be told..

They are also known as "The Hammers" by the media, because of the club's origins as Thames Ironworks company football team (see club crest). However, they are also known as "The Irons" by their own supporters (again, from the club's origins at the Thames Ironworks), although recently the nickname 'Irons' is thought to reflect the fact that a lot of their support is from the gay community. They are also known as "The Cockney Boys" from their history of being a cockney team.

:D Millwall fan, I bet. I'm surprised they didn't claim the origin of the word 'Irons' was from Russel Brand, ie Branding Iron :o . I think Whelan, ie doing a Whelan will become part of the English language meaning causing a massive overreaction when something doesn't go your way :D

*Wikipedia

Archived