"All my customers have gone" -  Chonburi shop owner points to his problem!

webfact

"All my customers have gone" -  Chonburi shop owner points to his problem!

p3.jpg

Picture: Thairath

CHONBURI: -- A shop owner in Chonburi province has been pictured online with a rather clear problem.

As our picture shows, he hardly needs to be pointing to his woes.

A huge tangle of electrical wires and cables is covering the entire front of his upholstery business in Nong Kham sub-district of Sri Racha.

So much so that all his customers have disappeared - no one is daring to risk their lives to have their car seats repaired at the shop, reports Thairath.

Somjitrachai Hormsap, 41, the shop owner, is fed up as the wires have been hanging there for more than a month after the electric authority came to repair a box that exploded.

Since then after many calls he has been fobbed off with one excuse after another. So he posted his plight online and now reporters are on his case trying to get some joy from the electric company.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-09

Start cutting them....let the owners lose business also.. Action will follow very quickly!

They're all comms. cables...maybe no big voltages issues......just how stupid can things get in this country.....are all the authorities people blind..and stupid?

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Start cutting them....let the owners lose business also.. Action will follow very quickly!

They're all comms. cables...maybe no big voltages issues......just how stupid can things get in this country.....are all the authorities people blind..and stupid?

LOL Chainsaw. How funny would that be...

It is not "third world" it is a sign of Thailand's development. 

A clearly identified sign that a country is "developed" is the changing attitude to telephone and power cables; in a developing country they are a clear sign of progress, proudly showing to all that an area now has "electric",  "phone" etc., but as a country develops the sights lose their novelty and become regarded as both ugly and a nuisance.

It is clear from this article and a plethora of others that Thailand is now entering the "developed" era.

4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Its all about the money honey.

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

If they are Telecom cables only 48V will be present so no problem if he cuts them.

I have sympathy with him 100%. Maybe things will change if there is enough people like this owner, express their disdain for such things.

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Turn the CCTV off first. I'd think lighter fluid and a match would be confused with a short circuit, cutting is probably dangerouser.

A contractor for road repairs once said to me, "you people not in this job don't know how things work, it's kind of complicated, its all boils down to money"

He said, "if I don't get paid  I stopped work half way and wait till the money comes in, that's why all the others had to stop because I stopped" The supplier of rocks and sands had to stop because I stopped paying him, my money is not forthcoming so not my fault."

I guess this electric company sub-contract the work to someone else and this guy is not paying the workers so they stop work and wait for the payment. The blame goes on and on.

I think the owner of the shop is very patient, is it the "chai yen, chai yen".

10 hours ago, webfact said:

'... the electric authority came to repair a box that exploded.'

Small stuff. There's a helluva lot more waiting to blow up. Thonglor has had coils of cables hanging in front of a pole for months. Worst at the moment is the likelihood of falling over them, but it doesn't take a leap of the imagination to visualise what else could happen.

3 hours ago, madusa said:

A contractor for road repairs once said to me, "you people not in this job don't know how things work, it's kind of complicated, its all boils down to money"

He said, "if I don't get paid  I stopped work half way and wait till the money comes in, that's why all the others had to stop because I stopped" The supplier of rocks and sands had to stop because I stopped paying him, my money is not forthcoming so not my fault."

I guess this electric company sub-contract the work to someone else and this guy is not paying the workers so they stop work and wait for the payment. The blame goes on and on.

I think the owner of the shop is very patient, is it the "chai yen, chai yen".

That is exactly what goes on.Subbies have been caught out too many times.The boys at the top always say the check is in the post,then it's the posties fault.

5 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Turn the CCTV off first. I'd think lighter fluid and a match would be confused with a short circuit, cutting is probably dangerouser.

Ah, a long axe with a fiber glass type of handle that is by design a non conductor might work pretty well also.  By design they are often included as part of electrical accident panic kits in industrial work places specifically to be used if necessary to cut or pull apart electrical things.  the long axe handle is pretty much a non conductor

Archived