Two men wanted over rape of Australian woman in Bangkok

webfact

Two men wanted over rape of Australian woman in Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Police are trying to find a tuk tuk driver and another man wanted in connection with the rape of an Australian woman in Bangkok.

The woman, 23, told Taling Chan police that the two men raped her near a deserted building on Soi Boromratchonnanee 43 in the early hours of December 5.

The Bangkok Post reports investigators from the Metropolitan Police Division 7 have begun an “intensive search” for the two men.

Officers are also studying footage from nearby CCTV cameras and questioning locals.

No information was given on when the complaint was filed with police.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-09

Poor woman :sad:. Not something that anyone expects when heading off on holiday. I do hope they catch the 2 alleged culprits and punish them fully according to the law. A precedent needs to be set that it is not acceptable at all to do this wort of thing to tourists, and women in general.

33 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Poor woman :sad:. Not something that anyone expects when heading off on holiday. I do hope they catch the 2 alleged culprits and punish them fully according to the law. A precedent needs to be set that it is not acceptable at all to do this wort of thing to tourists, and women in general.

Plenty of precedents set world wide....not very effective.

35 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Scum. I hope they get what they deserve.

43 minutes ago, TerrylSky said:

Totally amazing how rape is an avenue for sexual satisfaction in Bangkok; perhaps if it is the thrill of  violence, they will get caught and experience more than they bargained for in prison. Catch 'em and hang 'em high.

You seem to be under the illusion that they will serve time in prison. Most of the time we never hear of a sentence for these crimes.

Borommaratchachonanee Soi 43 -- speculation here but sounds like she may have just arrived at the Southern Bus Terminal. Otherwise I'd assume she was taken there against her will; can't think of any reason for a foreign traveler to go out there other than to catch a bus. Hope they nab the culprits.

Nonsense post Removed - any more Blame the Victim and you will be Suspended

Same for the Trolling / Nonsense / Derogatory posts made in this Thread. Have something to contribute - we welcome you. Post Garbage and be Removed.

52 minutes ago, mettech said:

Well she has to go back home at the end of her permit to stay and then what???? she is home and have souvenirs of Thailand a very bad one she is lucky she did not get kill.

really stupid answer , if it was your  daughter you will  say that too ? 

My sister is that age and I tell you court would be not available for them. This country has not had any reforms and there not scared. The police let there sons off with murder and the judge will let these fleas off. 80% of Thai judges are basically not qualified and racist.

A warming to travelers this is. Nicholas Cage said it in a movie filmed here. if you want to find garbage go to the tip !

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm surprised there is space in the coffin for any more nails! Fortunately, there is no corpse in the coffin and tourism in Thailand carries on resiliently just like it always has done.

Yes, sure. That's why TAT have recently announced cut's in the cost of tourist visas.

Yes, sure. That's why TAT have recently announced cut's in the cost of tourist visas.

And a nice tourist-friendly gesture it is too.

I remember nails being hammered into the coffin of tourism in Thailand after the 2004 tsunami, the airport blockade, the NYE bombing, the Red Shirt riots and arson, countless military coups, the Erawan bomb, the Koh Tao backpacker murders and the recent climactic event. But still they come...

Terrlsky

Unfortunately they wont.These 2 vile creatures,if guilty,will be treated like heroes in the prison system here.Its not like back home where rapists and kiddy fiddlers are scared to be in the gen pop and are sectioned.They will be looked upon as  good lads and will regail the other cons about how it feels to have sex  with a felang woman.As this will be the main topic of conversation.Do you much about the prison system here?Well if not,you know a bit more now.So the hang em high brigade dont really have much of a success here.

5 hours ago, BlindMagician said:

Will the establishment weigh in with comments blaming her, or have they learned their lesson...Kim?

Well, there are some who would say it's obviously her fault. If she hadn't been here, it would not have happened.

not blaming the victim 100%...but when will people and women in particular realize that thailand is not a land of smiles...and that the men can do most anything here with impunity...if i had a daughter, there is no way i would allow her to come here...and if she chose to visit, i would caution her of the real dangers that may await her if she ventures out at night...

12 minutes ago, hdkane said:

not blaming the victim 100%...but when will people and women in particular realize that thailand is not a land of smiles...and that the men can do most anything here with impunity...if i had a daughter, there is no way i would allow her to come here...and if she chose to visit, i would caution her of the real dangers that may await her if she ventures out at night...

And they never listen because they are bulletproof.

I'd imagine, the problem with the notion of any justice ever being served in these kinds of cases is.. 

It's not like the tourists/victims want to hang around the place where they were assaulted for who knows how long until their attackers are possibly caught...

And have to deal with the male dominated, antiquated RTP establishment...

And then even longer for any case to come to trial...only to see the perps walk with a typical fine and short jail sentence suspended.. so really...no jail time at all... 

I know the government launched "tourist courts" lately, supposedly, but have yet to hear anything of them playing any kind of meaningful role.

6 hours ago, hdkane said:

That's not the way it is sold in the brochures and other media campaigns.  You have beautiful crystal clear seas, white sands, beautiful  smiling women in traditional thai dress, food sunshine and pics of happy smiling and friendly taxi and tuk tuk drivers helping foreigners and returning thier wallets.

Archived