benefits of cold pressed coconut oil

momtaz

hi,

heard about virgin coconut oil (cold pressed) is helpful for weight loss, and reduce cholesterol in the body,

my uncle's wife she's in the mid 50s, over weighted, around100kg, high cholesterol and diabetic as well,

someone told her to take table spoon of oil everyday in the morning before breakfast, not really sure if this kind of oil is helpful in her case or not?

any relevant experience in this? i did some googling about this n found lot of links, but I would like to hear if anyone tried it in real, self experience, not theories.

thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2016 at 9:19 AM, JSixpack said:

Giving coconut oil to heart disease patients as their staple cooking fat is totally safe.

Great oil for cooking as it's very stable at heat, but the question still remains, is it beneficial to consume it straight? There are a lot of conflicting reports about this.

It's the only oil I use to cook with and the bonus is it's cheap in Thailand.

You should google the Shangrai La diet.  It is based on one tablespoon of oil in the morning and holding the nose (swimming plugs) closed for one hour.  Breathe thru your mouth.   There are people who have used the diet successfully that claim it eliminates cravings and overeating.  I never tried it.

Archived