What do you do here that you'd never (probably never) do back home?

eldragon

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, docspinoff said:

sounds like Thailand has no hope of getting any better. if most of the comments by members talk about them selves braking the laws . how are the Thai people going to learn to do anything different !

Tell me oh wise one.....exactly what laws were broken.

14 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Drive on the wrong side of the road, double park, drive with truck bed full of people on a road trip, buy a new vehicle with no heater,

You drive on the wrong side of the road deliberately putting other road users lives in danger????

I hope you soon get what is coming to you.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

You drive on the wrong side of the road deliberately putting other road users lives in danger????

I hope you soon get what is coming to you.

Driving on the left hand side is my idea of driving on the wrong side of the road....:passifier: Sorry to disappoint your sense of justice.

sounds like Thailand has no hope of getting any better. if most of the comments by members talk about them selves braking the laws . how are the Thai people going to learn to do anything different !

What makes it worse is we are taught to drive properly, and in most cases, the Thais are not.

7 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Driving on the left hand side is my idea of driving on the wrong side of the road....:passifier: Sorry to disappoint your sense of justice.

That's not the way it looks like in your post. OK, so you are having a laugh, but there are too many people dead because of this, and it is not funny.

43 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I would not have gotten married at 48 to a 20 year old pretty woman and had a Son at the age of 50. Although I guess that could have happened in Indonesia, too.

I like that I can 'drift' into the next lane when I'm driving and not have to worry about being pulled over for a DWI / DUI check nor ticketed for Improper Lane Change. In my birth country and probably yours, the police seem to be on an awards, promotion system for who can bring in the most tickets. Almost never a warning.

You are joking are you not about the laws back home .

Diving here is like playing Russian  roulette with a gun , not like back in my country were most drivers  Drive responsibly . 

Yes very true I agree with you .

i have been teaching my thai to drive like in the west and the first thing she said was what you care about bad driving you are in thailand and my reply was , i not care what stupid thai drivers do I care you drive safe like we do back home .

now she understand what I was going on about and she has become a very good driver because of me .

Here in Thailand, in contrast to my home country, I get to work at a fun, stress free job with wonderfully kind people, have a very beautiful, sweet girlfriend and go on two awesome vacations a year.  I make less here but my life is so much richer. 

Just now, Ondral said:

Here in Thailand, in contrast to my home country, I get to work at a fun, stress free job with wonderfully kind people and go on two awesome vacations a year.  I make less but my life is so much richer here. 

Not sure were you come from but sounds like a bad place , if you think thailand is a lot better place  for work .

- dry clothes on a clothes line year round 

- wash dishes in cold soapy water

- take cold showers 7 months+ of the year

- take showers outdoors naked in our back yard

- go to a wedding in jeans and sandals and not feel out of place

- get my gas tank filled without leaving my truck

- leave a serviced restaurant without leaving a tip

- go inside a bank on Christmas day 

Ohhhhh, the list could go on

Archived