varicose veins

jayci

• 3 weeks later...

Options will depend on factors which can't be determined online. Could be ablation (laser or RF), sclerotherapy or surgery.

Cost will depend on where you are treated and type of treatment, a government hospital being the least expensive bit also may be limited in teratment options, and there would be long waits.

Suggested private options:

Bangkok -

http://www.yanhee.net/varicose-veins

Chiang Mai-

http://www.legveinclinicthailand.com/en/about-dr-kittipan.html

Those are tiny community hospitals and will not be able to do more than give you elastic bandages for your legs and refer you to a higher level facility.

The main government hospital in Buriram town is  a regional level facility.

The army hospital in Buriram is another possibility.

But note that going to either place reduces the likelihood of being able to get non-surgical treatment such as RF or sclerotherapy - though likley they could do vein stripping.

• 2 months later...

Update from my situation. Visit Nang Rong hospital and doctor said my veins are to big for sclerotherapy. He said he can operate do vein striping and ask when I would like to do it.
Told him can I have a couple of days to think about it, he said sure see you in two days.
By this stage my veins are very painful so I commit to do surgery.
Go see the doctor and told him I want to do surgery and was admitted to my private room as soon as I confirmed with him. Had chest x-ray and blood test, surgery going to be the next day.
Day of surgery opt for spinal block and 90 minutes on the operating table. Now recovering in the private room for a day or so.
Haven't got invoice yet, but estimate was about 20000baht plus 600baht per night for the room.
Just glad that I've bite the bullet and final got something done about it, been painful for 2 years

Sent from my Le X820 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Update, I got the bill today and have gone home. Cost was 13080 baht
That includes the 3 days in private room.
Had the veins in my left leg striped. The varicose was just below the knee.
Special notes, the hospital requires you to have someone stay with you the whole time.
Have someone bring in food for you to eat, hospital food is the same world over I guess
Being a small rural hospital, English is very challenging for the nurses, it would be advantageous to have a bilingual Thai person with you.
If your in pain tell the nurse, she'll sort it out.

Sent from my Le X820 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Archived