BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sanemax

Aggressive partners in Thailand

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do not think that theres any need to differentiate between Males and Females and Thais and felangs .

Its just an act of violence and aggression from one person to the other .

Their gender and nationality is irrelevant 

I'm afraid I have to disagree,

When I was victim of violence from a Thai woman she would often state that "This is Thailand, you are a Farang, I will call the police on you etc".

She clearly had a preconceived notion that a Farang man possibly retaliating to violence from a Thai woman could only bode badly for him.  And she was probably right.

This preconceived idea of the consequences clearly gave her the incentive to be as violent as she liked during arguments.  She had the country and the law on her side.

I can't imagine that she would be the only Thai woman with Farang husband /boyfriend thinking like this.  When the violence starts its a true indicator of these notions.

So you must walk away and find someone who doesn't think or behave in this way. For your own safety and theirs.

As a very good friend of mine likes to say, it's not easy.  It takes a man to walk away

Its very easy to say"just walk away" dont stand for it,divorce the bitch"and all the other advice that is given.Its not that easy when kids are involved.Any man that walks away from his kids when a lunatic wife is involved is just a coward.Yes,many men as well as women abuse their partners and children.But you have to stay with it for the sake of your children until a solution is found.There is also the man who,how ever badly treated can not stop loving his partner.Love is not like light switch,you just dont turn it on and off.lots of men will subject themselves to the highest form of violence before admitting there is a problem.Many posters have said " wouldnt stand for it,i'd be on my way,give her a slap" but different people have different situations.A woman who,throws things,destroys property, slaps and tries to stab her husband/ partner is clearly mentally impaired.Unfortunately there arent many battered wives/husbands places or centres in this country.And i think with the face thing,a Thai man would rather kill his wife than be thought of as a pussy,weakling,battered husband.At least in Europe we have places for such people.

"I know, not a pleasant topic, but it seems to be common in Thailand for females to be aggressive".

Certainly not in my experience, either with my wife or previous Thai relationships, or any of my friends Thai wives or girlfriends

I can honestly say that I have never come across or heard of any Thai woman being violent towards a partner.

Have a friend here with a Thai girlfriend who is incredibly jealous etc. I walked into his hotel room with him and she went ballistic screaming and yelling. I said Walk away. Eventually he did and she kept calling on the phone, I said to him, "is this the first time? Because that would be it for me." Of course they are still together, because some men need this kind of drama. The other hotel guests were very unhappy with all the screaming. But like attracts like.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

"I know, not a pleasant topic, but it seems to be common in Thailand for females to be aggressive".

Certainly not in my experience, either with my wife or previous Thai relationships, or any of my friends Thai wives or girlfriends

I can honestly say that I have never come across or heard of any Thai woman being violent towards a partner.

I have met a few. In the UK saw a few like this. Usually ex-bar girls / sex workers, but not always. Many Thais, and I know we should never generalize, do seem to have short fuses, can't follow a logical argument, are driven by emotions that they can't express and release that frustration through violence. Sometimes the portrayals on Thai Soaps is not so far from reality - each fueling the other.

Once you a Thai, male or female, looses it, they can never back down, admit to be wrong or responsible for the argument and like everywhere have there different blow off levels. But once they do blow, male or female, many IME will then turn violent.

I know of one Thai lady who took her shoe off in the middle of Marks & Spencer's in the UK to hit her husband. I know one who now dates young men and threatens her much older husband with all sorts if he doesn't turn a blind eye. In both cases the husbands are fairly well off, decent blokes who put up with it for the sake of the kids. Their decision.

I saw a bad argument at a party in the UK. British husband (and host) was talking to a recently divorced Thai lady and offered her a lift home. Seemed to be a long while coming back. You could see his wife's temper getting worse and worse. Soon as he came back - up it went. 

Some seems an emotional reaction at the frustration of not being able to express the emotions in a controlled adult way. Others seem more cold and calculated almost bullying their spouses. 

But, that is the minority not the majority.

46 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I have met a few. In the UK saw a few like this. Usually ex-bar girls / sex workers, but not always. Many Thais, and I know we should never generalize, do seem to have short fuses, can't follow a logical argument, are driven by emotions that they can't express and release that frustration through violence. Sometimes the portrayals on Thai Soaps is not so far from reality - each fueling the other.

Once you a Thai, male or female, looses it, they can never back down, admit to be wrong or responsible for the argument and like everywhere have there different blow off levels. But once they do blow, male or female, many IME will then turn violent.

I know of one Thai lady who took her shoe off in the middle of Marks & Spencer's in the UK to hit her husband. I know one who now dates young men and threatens her much older husband with all sorts if he doesn't turn a blind eye. In both cases the husbands are fairly well off, decent blokes who put up with it for the sake of the kids. Their decision.

I saw a bad argument at a party in the UK. British husband (and host) was talking to a recently divorced Thai lady and offered her a lift home. Seemed to be a long while coming back. You could see his wife's temper getting worse and worse. Soon as he came back - up it went. 

Some seems an emotional reaction at the frustration of not being able to express the emotions in a controlled adult way. Others seem more cold and calculated almost bullying their spouses. 

But, that is the minority not the majority.

Good post, your last sentence would sum it up.

Anybody guys or girls knowing what they would get in their face if they were aggressive to me, it never happened in my life, so weird ?!

:-)

Well all I can say is No matter what a woman does I would never ever hit a woman. been in some scrapes over the years been spat on by women been sworn at been hit by women had all sorts thrown at me by women not once ever have I retaliated and I'm proud of that.

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

Well all I can say is No matter what a woman does I would never ever hit a woman. been in some scrapes over the years been spat on by women been sworn at been hit by women had all sorts thrown at me by women not once ever have I retaliated and I'm proud of that.

I too am proud to say that i have never hit a woman but i can see how sometimes it can happen.

My marriage to the first wife was great when living in the UK but when we moved here for work she went totally nuts. Mostly because of jealous rages. I was attacked with all sorts, but the last resort was a knife attack, and i did have to restrain her, but happy to say i kept my fists down.

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

I just dont think that many Woman share that attitude , how does this sound :

Well all I can say is No matter what a man does I would never ever hit a man. been in some scrapes over the years been spat on by men been sworn at been hit by men had all sorts thrown at me by men not once ever have I retaliated and I'm proud of that.

7 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

I do not hit them also, but my windshield does ! After unlocking her seatbelt and braking quite hard,,,

A great way to help them to understand who is in charge...

19 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I had never hit a woman before coming to Thailand even though a few deserved a hit. A past gf went into one of her unfounded jealousy rages and started smashing things in the unit. An open handed slap and she was back to the normal sweet girl. Some seem to respond to being hit.

And then there are those who smoulder quietly, waiting for the right opportunity for revenge served cold.......

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

I just dont think that many Woman share that attitude , how does this sound :

Well all I can say is No matter what a man does I would never ever hit a man. been in some scrapes over the years been spat on by men been sworn at been hit by men had all sorts thrown at me by men not once ever have I retaliated and I'm proud of that.

I don't care what a hypothetically a woman would say.