Aggressive partners in Thailand

sanemax

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following the birth of our daughter my wife started to behave violently, not only to me but also to her family. The violence became worse over a two year period, until she hit her farther over the head with a full bottle of beer and attacked her mother with a spade.

Her family had told me the only way to stop her behaviour was for me to hit her, I came very close but never did.

Thailand is a very violent place the answer to most problems seems to be screaming and shouting follower by a shoe over the head.

My wife of 15 years is now much happier and no longer violent, I believe she was suffering from post natal depression and would not seek treatment. It is very easy to say walk away but if you have been together for years and have children it is a difficult thing to do, life is not easy.

22 hours ago, patrick1968 said:

i ifike to know why did you wait so long to give her the right hander ,rt, wish you luck bro ...

21 hours ago, Mansell said:

Or why you didn't follow It up with a left hook just to make sure she got the correct message.

I'm strongly anti violence, particularly against women, but If a good right didn't stop her, you may have ended up with a knife hanging out of you, so better to do It right.....and finish with a left!!  The 1, 2 combo.

3 hours ago, mick220675 said:

Following the birth of our daughter my wife started to behave violently, not only to me but also to her family. The violence became worse over a two year period, until she hit her farther over the head with a full bottle of beer and attacked her mother with a spade.

Her family had told me the only way to stop her behaviour was for me to hit her, I came very close but never did.

Thailand is a very violent place the answer to most problems seems to be screaming and shouting follower by a shoe over the head.

My wife of 15 years is now much happier and no longer violent, I believe she was suffering from post natal depression and would not seek treatment. It is very easy to say walk away but if you have been together for years and have children it is a difficult thing to do, life is not easy.

for me the problems with the wife started with the onset of menopause for which we know that the hormonal imbalance can be accompanied by extreme mood swings...tried to get her to see a doctor for HRT or at least some medication to calm down but she refused to acknowlege any problem...

it's been almost 10 years now (she was early 40s when the problem started) and things have improved considerably without any treatment...

Was she drinking at these times? I think women can be worst in handling there liquor than men can be, if that is the case. If not I don't know if a good bop to the nose will work in the long run. I never tried that. Never had to either. Let us know again in a few months time, if you are still with us that is.  

On 14/12/2016 at 8:21 AM, Emster23 said:

I wish this were a troll post.... if early on she starts in on violence, why oh why does a person stay?

Agreed. It's only a matter of time before she goes back to her old ways. Now that the OP has started to hit her back, the violence will escalate. Hopefully, one of them will end this dysfunctional relationship before anyone gets seriously hurt.

I had this phase with my wife the first couple of years with her. I asked other Thai men if this is normal. They replied that the threats and violence was a common thing in a relationship at the beginning. The mistake I made was reacting to it. They said next time she throws a wobbly ignore her and go out for the night somewhere or leave her alone for about four hours. Works a treat. When you get home pretend nothing has happened. She stops playing up then and uses other ways to gain attention. As the years progress she should calm down and become more easy going. I have never hit her but I did throw a plate of food at her once. Took me hours to clean up and she reminds me if it when ever shes in a bad mood. The knife thing is common Shea thrown everything in the house at my head. I just laughed at her before now I go out and let her calm down. Many times during her threatening to knife me I have gone right up to her face and said do it, kill me. She never does, its all a big drama to get attention. My suggestion is to leave her alone and come back later make up sex.

Best advise next time anyone's wife throws a wobbly instead of arguing or in deed something one should never do HIT her. Suggest she has sex with you in the rodeo position  (on all fours) get up a good rythym whilst hanging on to her hair or shoulders (you will need a firm grip) then call her by a diffrent name and see how long you can hang on in there cowboy.

Does she drink beyond capacity at times? Play the lotto regularly?  Enjoy a card game with "friends"?.... Is she an ex bar girl on a you based months salary?. 

If yes to any of the above. Your invested with a powder keg. Drop her.

On 12/14/2016 at 8:43 AM, cracker1 said:

"During the initial part of a relationship with the Thai gf , she was quite physically aggressive , slaps around the face,  throwing things at me, coming at me with knives"

Why would anyone continue staying with a person like this ?

Low self-esteem.

Archived