Villages back to normal as Ghostbusters chase 300 ogres out of town!

webfact

On 13/12/2016 at 1:21 AM, madusa said:

I used to laugh at people who talked about spirits or ghosts until I moved into an apartment on the 17th floor. With my door locked when I slept but woke up because someone knocking on the metal frame of my bed . I could hear the noise very distinctively because it was metal bed frame. I was on 17 floor can't even hear the cars below.  Then I woke up because someone blowing  air on my chest  and later using hair to tickle my neck.

Finally I moved because I couldn't explain why that happened.

Now if you asked if I believe in ghosts or spirits I am still not sure but I won't go and sleep any place I become more careful in what I do.

I don't laugh anymore when someone talk about ghosts.

Key words on both occasions ......but "woke up"........Then I "woke up".

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/12/2016 at 1:28 AM, Moonmoon said:

I am glad for the villagers, they caught the ogres.

How does 1 become an Ogre hunter? What are the qualifications needed and career prospects?

Go practise chasing the (rather large) women in the UK now.....lol.

5 hours ago, SunsetT said:

.....And what about the 90% of diseases that science has cured?

90 percent of what? Of those, we think we know? In the Middle Age, most of the scientists were absolutely convinced that they know 90% of diseases. In every era, the scientists are quite sure in they are in a possession of the total knowledge. Later, the scientists found new diseases and invented new things. How big is that 10 percent?

There was a film long time ago Witches of Salem. The story was a teacher who had tried to teach materialism. On the other side, the jury used Bible as undisputed truth. To cut the long story short the advocate of the defendant made a gesture showing that neither materialism nor the Bible is considered to be better by him. 

Now the balance moved towards sciences, but why it is sure this assumption is well based or just waiting for new inventions. 

On 12/12/2016 at 3:14 AM, ratcatcher said:

Lots of people laughing at the Thais for their superstitions. Go just about anywhere in Europe , Africa, the American First Nations and you've got just the same nonsense. African Witch doctors, Caribbean Voodoo, the Catholics, Wat Dhammakaya, the list goes on.

It's just so much more convenient to look down on the locals I guess..............

Very different if for no other reason than the media in Thailand reports it as if they are taking it seriously.  

On 12/12/2016 at 7:13 PM, impulse said:

On the other hand, in a couple of weeks, the majority of the UK will spend $$$ billions to celebrate the birthday of a guy born of a virgin who went around performing miracles, then rose from the dead after the Romans killed him.  And a few months later, they'll celebrate his return from the dead.

But that's nothing like superstition, is it?

Your comparison is nonsense,  you're comparing apples and bananas. 

I'm secular so I think anyone who believes in omnipotent beings is touched. 

However,  let's make it the same and see how that pans out. 

Go to the same number of villages in the UK and ask every single resident to fork out some money so that some fools with sticks and an urn can chase ogres out of their villages. 

Let me know how that works out for you. 

I'll wait... 

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 1:21 AM, madusa said:

I used to laugh at people who talked about spirits or ghosts until I moved into an apartment on the 17th floor. With my door locked when I slept but woke up because someone knocking on the metal frame of my bed . I could hear the noise very distinctively because it was metal bed frame. I was on 17 floor can't even hear the cars below.  Then I woke up because someone blowing  air on my chest  and later using hair to tickle my neck.

Finally I moved because I couldn't explain why that happened.

Now if you asked if I believe in ghosts or spirits I am still not sure but I won't go and sleep any place I become more careful in what I do.

I don't laugh anymore when someone talk about ghosts.

Wasn't your GF helping herself; was it?

Archived