Unidentified foreigner falls through temple roof

webfact

Unidentified foreigner falls through temple roof

By Digital Admin -

pat.jpg

PATTAYAA: -- t 6am, on the morning of December 12, Pattaya police received reports of a foreigner who had apparently fallen through the roof of the Children’s Center Canteen at Chaimongkol Temple, South Pattaya.

There an unknown man was laying face down with a broken skull and covered in blood. The victim was aged around forty-years-old and of heavy build.

Medics attempted to treat the man but he was soon pronounced dead at the scene.

In his pockets he had an iphone and a small amount of cash.

A member of temple staff, seventy-eight-year old Anek Siewboon said that he heard a loud noise and thought there was a burglar on the roof and so he called for security.

When staff arrived they discovered the body.

Investigators have collected photographic evidence and are trying to identify the dead man in an attempt to find out why he died.

Report shared by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/unidentified-foreigner-jumps-temple-roof/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-12-12

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

Investigators have collected photographic evidence and are trying to identify the dead man in an attempt to find out why he died.

The broken skull probably had a lot to do with it. RIP.

Tragic event, but a good lesson to be learned about walking around on roofs.  

Back home, most roofs are stout enough to support someone walking around.  Apparently, not here.

Subsequent information leads me amend the lessons learned to add a caution about falling on the roof from the balcony next door.

Fell through the tile roof over our kitchen. Cimbed out the second storey window to repair a skylight that had lifted up

on the way back the tiles broke and I. was able to hang on the rafters with my.elbows. Hollered To my Tgf to get a ladder and got down. Got a few cuts on my legs. Had to.call the landlord to repair the big hole I made. 

I will never walk on those tile roofs again. 

On 12/12/2016 at 2:08 AM, Beats56 said:

Fell through the tile roof over our kitchen. Cimbed out the second storey window to repair a skylight that had lifted up

on the way back the tiles broke and I. was able to hang on the rafters with my.elbows. Hollered To my Tgf to get a ladder and got down. Got a few cuts on my legs. Had to.call the landlord to repair the big hole I made. 

I will never walk on those tile roofs again. 

Hey man, those Thai made roof tiles are meant to support an average Thai about 55 to 60 kilos and Farangs who weigh 100 or 120 kilos will drop through the roof. There is not such thing as certificate of fitness for building in Thailand I believe. You just built a building and you live in it that's about all.

5 hours ago, balo said:

If there is a condo next door we have an explanation.

The condo is at least 50m away (shown in other photos), so unless he was shot there by a cannon you can rule that out.

More likely is he was running away from someone else; real or imaginary.

At 6am looks like he had a big night out. Autopsy results will reveal all if they bother to do one.

There's probably a lot more to this story. Still no word on his ID or request for more help or witnesses?

20 hours ago, donkeykong said:

The condo is at least 50m away (shown in other photos)

This building shown with the green arrow I understand is the kindergarten school  its much less than 50 meters away

center.jpg

you can see how close it is by looking at the car park photo which is the same distance away.

PICT1478 (Medium).JPG

• 5 months later...

My father knew this "tourist" personally - he was nicknamed "Wadders" in the army. He was NOT a tourist, but a Thai citizen who owned a nude bar. I may have a conclusion to his tragic demise. During his time in the military, "Wadders" used to work secretively, working closely with agents. Someone could have had a motive to murder him; he may have known their dangerous secret.

Now to look at the photographic evidence:

Police say he "fell" from the roof. If we look at the way his body is positioned, he is face-down with his arms splayed by his sides. Surely if he "fell", "Wadders" would have landed on his back (due to the angle) and had his arms out, escaping with some major injuries.

As this case was being reported, I happened to stumble across an uncensored version of the picture. It seems that the back of Wadders' whole skull had been shattered. We can definitely rule out "falling" as the cause of death (position of body), and a bullet would only cause a small section of the skull to shatter (even though a loud noise was heard, no description of a gunshot has been recorded). I believe, as he may have been chased, Wadders had a blunt object thrown at him to slow him down. A good theory of this would be: seeing as the temple was old, the killer could have picked up a loose brick or rock and thrown it with enough force to crack his skull. Ruling out "falling", the size of the hole wouldn't have been big enough to fit a "heavily built" man, also considering the material (some sort of metal) we would expect to see some lacerations around the abdominal and chest area, though from the picture, all of Wadders' wounds are situated on his head.

If anyone has evidence to back up my theory, reply here or contact me via email:

Thank you.

10 hours ago, CrimeSolver said:

My father knew this "tourist" personally - he was nicknamed "Wadders" in the army. He was NOT a tourist, but a Thai citizen who owned a nude bar. I may have a conclusion to his tragic demise. During his time in the military, "Wadders" used to work secretively, working closely with agents. Someone could have had a motive to murder him; he may have known their dangerous secret.

Now to look at the photographic evidence:

Police say he "fell" from the roof. If we look at the way his body is positioned, he is face-down with his arms splayed by his sides. Surely if he "fell", "Wadders" would have landed on his back (due to the angle) and had his arms out, escaping with some major injuries.

As this case was being reported, I happened to stumble across an uncensored version of the picture. It seems that the back of Wadders' whole skull had been shattered. We can definitely rule out "falling" as the cause of death (position of body), and a bullet would only cause a small section of the skull to shatter (even though a loud noise was heard, no description of a gunshot has been recorded). I believe, as he may have been chased, Wadders had a blunt object thrown at him to slow him down. A good theory of this would be: seeing as the temple was old, the killer could have picked up a loose brick or rock and thrown it with enough force to crack his skull. Ruling out "falling", the size of the hole wouldn't have been big enough to fit a "heavily built" man, also considering the material (some sort of metal) we would expect to see some lacerations around the abdominal and chest area, though from the picture, all of Wadders' wounds are situated on his head.

If anyone has evidence to back up my theory, reply here or contact me via email:

Thank you.

His fly appears to be undone. How high is the roof? It doesn't look like a metal roofing material to me. Have you actually visited the location?

Archived