2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

This poll is run in three sections due to the nature of the forum software only allowing 20 nominations in a Poll.

Each member is allowed to post up to 3 choices in each section.  That could be only 1 choice or only 2 choices or as stated 3 choices.

You must post at least one choice in each one of the 3 sections.  If you don't like any of the choices in a section, please use the "None of these" choice but only if you haven't chosen any of the others in that section.

This poll will close at 5pm on Wednesday the 21st of December.

It's place will then be taken by a runoff poll amongst the five top scores in the above poll based on votes given.

The top scorer in this final poll will be announced ;

2016 Poster Of The Year

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please note that (unlike previous years) you cannot change your vote once you have submitted it.

Also, even if you don't use all your allocation of three per section you cannot come back later to "use up" unused votes.

Once you click "Submit Vote" that's it, so check your vote carefully.

The above are not our restrictions but limitations in the way the forum software handles polls.

By all means comment in this thread, but any and all "nasty" or off-topic posts will be removed, forum rules are NOT suspended and free holidays are available.

Are we keeping with the tradition of the last year (or two) and allowing the winner from the previous year (Nancy) to compere this thread ie how Jingthing did a great job of compering last years as the winner of the year before?

Frankly I enjoy Nancy's commentary, especially after a few wines.

This year is historically different.

It is being run with a firm iron hand from the management.

There will be no controversy about any fixing.

We can all see the numbers.

The BIGGEST change is no vote changing. 

Without vote changing there is MUCH LESS reason to bother campaigning at all.

A large percentage of people entering the thread for the first time will just do their voting then, and certainly not bother to read endless pages of campaigning, even if those endless pages are generated.

Less exciting, even much less exciting?

Well, that's my prediction anyway.

Going further, it's probably pretty easy to predict the five finalists already ... just based on name recognition.

Maybe people can try that, just for fun. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, sipi said:

Are we keeping with the tradition of the last year (or two) and allowing the winner from the previous year (Nancy) to compere this thread ie how Jingthing did a great job of compering last years as the winner of the year before?

Frankly I enjoy Nancy's commentary, especially after a few wines.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

If Nancy wishes to comment she is more than welcome to.

Who needs to consume the wine Sipi, you or Nancy?

She is most welcome to if she is agreeable seeing that's not really my thing.

Can I gently and respectfully ask that some attempt be made to decide the rules BEFORE the contest begins, that way posters and candidates can decide whether or not they wish to participate? This NEW format, which disallows changes to votes once cast, is much much better and will prevent active campaigning which leads to so much friction and is frankly a real turn off. Ta!

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're damn right it is. Ladies and gentlemen, respected comrades, you finally have the chance to vote for not one, but TWO of Thaivisa's finest. Myself, the summit of human thought AND the one, the only sensational NongKhaiKid. You, yes you, NEED to do this in the name of a fairer and more equitable world. For truth, Freedom and Justice. For your children and your children's children.

Let us begin the work of not only a better Thaivisa but for the advancement of the entire globe. Ignore the charlatans and the demagogues; VOTE Baboon, VOTE sensational NongKhaiKid TODAY!

Edited by baboon

Just now, smokie36 said:

Hilarious comment given the mods perpetrated the hugest fix on this contest one year.

Truly ridiculous JT cast your mind back!

My goodness, aren't you  a regular Donald Trump?   The elections are RIGGED!  

You can rest assured, there will be no attempt to fiddle with the outcome.   This thread is for the members to decide who they think deserves to be Poster of the Year.  

3 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Hilarious comment given the mods perpetrated the hugest fix on this contest one year.

Truly ridiculous JT cast your mind back!

Sir, fear not. We have TWO magnificent candidates who will do everything in their considerable power to ensure fair play this year.

7 hours ago, Scott said:

You can rest assured, there will be no attempt to fiddle with the outcome.   This thread is for the members to decide who they think deserves to be Poster of the Year.  

Oh there will be plenty of attempts to fiddle with the outcome...don't worry about that lol.

Just now, smokie36 said:

Oh there will be plenty of attempts to fiddle with the outcome...don't worry about that lol.

There will be no attempt by the Moderators or the Admin of Thaivisa.   I will keep an eye on that for sure.   I find such behavior to be reprehensible.   The new software upgrade also makes it much, much harder to mess with a poll.   We will keep a close eye out for Russian and Romania hackers, however.  

7 hours ago, Scott said:

Maybe the election isn't rigged but as was once said about Chinese elections they do like to know the outcome in advance.   :biggrin:

Q.  Who amongst you will cast the first stone ?

A.  They're lining up !

7 hours ago, baboon said:

You're damn right it is. Ladies and gentlemen, respected comrades, you finally have the chance to vote for not one, but TWO of Thaivisa's finest. Myself, the summit of human thought AND the one, the only sensational NongKhaiKid. You, yes you, NEED to do this in the name of a fairer and more equitable world. For truth, Freedom and Justice. For your children and your children's children.

Let us begin the work of not only a better Thaivisa but for the advancement of the entire globe. Ignore the charlatans and the demagogues; VOTE Baboon, VOTE sensational NongKhaiKid TODAY!

My fellow Forumanians, the choice is yours so do not leave it in the hands of moderation as our private investigators have proof none of them were born in Hawaii.

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It is being run with a firm iron hand from the management.

There will be no controversy about any fixing.

We can all see the numbers.

The BIGGEST change is no vote changing. 

Without vote changing there is MUCH LESS reason to bother campaigning at all.

A large percentage of people entering the thread for the first time will just do their voting then, and certainly not bother to read endless pages of campaigning, even if those endless pages are generated.

Less exciting, even much less exciting?

Well, that's my prediction anyway.

Going further, it's probably pretty easy to predict the five finalists already ... just based on name recognition.

Maybe people can try that, just for fun. 

Cheers. 

I challenge you to name those five finalists now.

9 hours ago, baboon said:

Sir, fear not. We have TWO magnificent candidates who will do everything in their considerable power to ensure fair play this year.

We only need 5 more like minded members and Hollywood could make a movie about us !

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

We only need 5 more like minded members and Hollywood could make a movie about us !

The good, the bad and the ugly?

Four weddings and a funeral?

Edited by sipi
edit. forgot one wedding.