2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

All this talk about no need to campaign is nonsense. I'm not voting until until the last minute, so let's hear why you should be this this year's POTY.

What are you looking for in a candidate?

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

Been trying unsuccessfully to change my user name to NONE OF THESE, streaking ahead in the lead with 33 votes.

And ideally inserted in all three races.:smile:

We do actually have a member called "None of the above", not been active for a while.

15 hours ago, Scott said:

There will be no attempt by the Moderators or the Admin of Thaivisa.   I will keep an eye on that for sure.   I find such behavior to be reprehensible.   The new software upgrade also makes it much, much harder to mess with a poll.   We will keep a close eye out for Russian and Romania hackers, however.  

Downgrade.

25 minutes ago, darren84310 said:

Is this something anyone would seriously want to win?.... Is this not "king of the whingers" title.

I wanted it. I got it. Far from easily. I was in the running for years before the win. There was intrigue.

It didn't make me younger, thinner, sexier, or richer ...

I get the feeling that after last year's "drama" transam really needs to win this. He won't admit it, but it's obvious. 

Not sure that's an argument to give it to him, but there you have it. 

BTW, I spoke too soon that campaigning is futile. It won't have the power it did before on the VOTING thread because you can't change your votes anymore, but I reckon there will probably be some (or a LOT) of nudging at the local forum levels.

For example if a candidate is well known on specific subforums, they could try to drive people to go to this voting thread and persuade them to vote for them, or whoever they're campaigning for. 

There is also unseen lobbying. Old boys club, don't you know? 

Especially if it's close and only a vote or two makes a difference. 

This might be more likely to happen after the TOP FIVE are selected. 

Edited by Jingthing

So the "drama" is already set.:partytime2:

Will the clear "favorite" transam win this year after being so rudely UPSET by the momentous NancyL last year? Or will some young whippersnapper steal the prize from him, yet again? 

whip.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

So glad I voted and then, after having already clicked "Sumbit", saw the rules about being able to select more than one person in each section, and not being able to change my vote.

So glad I didn't see that before I voted. :glare:

So glad I voted and then, after having already clicked "Sumbit", saw the rules about being able to select more than one person in each section, and not being able to change my vote.

So glad I didn't see that before I voted. :glare:

That's a really good point especially about the multiple choices allowed in each section. That should be well highlighted in the actual voting poll because many people will vote before even reading the O. P.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So the "drama" is already set.:partytime2:

Will the clear "favorite" transam win this year after being so rudely UPSET by the momentous NancyL last year? Or will some young whippersnapper steal the prize from him, yet again? 

whip.jpg

Last year Trans-am was robbed in plain sight and Jinger was the main accomplice. So obviously Trans is a front runner for anyone with a sense of justice. But there is a great field represented this year, at least 20 good choices on the board. Anything could happen here.