2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Last year Trans-am was robbed in plain sight and Jinger was the main accomplice. So obviously Trans is a front runner for anyone with a sense of justice. But there is a great field represented this year, at least 20 good choices on the board. Anything could happen here.

Whatever, dude.:post-4641-1156694572:

12 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Maybe the election isn't rigged but as was once said about Chinese elections they do like to know the outcome in advance.   :biggrin:

Q.  Who amongst you will cast the first stone ?

A.  They're lining up !

First things first, being buried up to the neck is compulsory

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Entertainment value

I once sang 'My Way' drunk as a skunk in a Pyongyang karaoke and tried to chat up one of the tour guides. That was pretty entertaining...

Edited by baboon

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

I once sang 'My Way' drunk as a skunk in Pyongyang and tried to chat up one of the tour guides. That was pretty entertaining...

Sorry I missed it, any chance of a encore / repeat if you win this coveted title

Without the tour guide of course 

I'm disappointed that we still haven't completely got our collective act together on POTY this year, albeit there are some minor improvements that have now been made such as not altering  a vote once cast, we do need to do better however.

There's little doubt that various posters have offered much throughout the year. albeit in different ways and from different perspectives: Naam and Fletchsmile bring substantial investment and financial services advice; Blackcab regularly offers sound real estate/legal advice; VF brings a style of his own that brings out some of the best of what is offered in Thailand; Transam gives us easily readable car mechanics input and a well adjusted sense of humour; Nancy gives us much needed expat help and support in a variety of ways, the list goes on and on and on.

I ask you, how hard can it be to come up with a series of headings that recognise the contributions made by a range of people and allow members to vote in each category.

FWIW I think the onus should be on each years winner to set up the following years poll and to do so at an early stage, I seem to recall this was promised last year but alas it hasn't come about.

Next year, maybe?

16 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

As a newbie to this site I was more than disappointed that my names not on the list :cheesy: 

You have certainly made a reasonable start, now you need to push on somewhat to realize your full potential

I am afraid that some of us are destined to full short of the high standards expected and demanded on Thaivisa

Nevertheless I have high hopes for you in the not too distant future

23 minutes ago, sipi said:

Fast cars, fast women and loud music.

Hey he has my vote.

:clap2:

Vote baboon and get drink and poker as well as fast cars, loud women and fast music...

Edited by baboon

34 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

You have certainly made a reasonable start, now you need to push on somewhat to realize your full potential

I am afraid that some of us are destined to full short of the high standards expected and demanded on Thaivisa

Nevertheless I have high hopes for you in the not too distant future

I'll try to not disappoint you, but don't hold your breath :giggle: