Price of a rai 2016

liveforever

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Khao Tao (Hua Hin) about 2 million back in 2006 and now 10 million and more.

In Hua Hin itself the beachfront price raised from 30 million to now 200 million and more.

In rural, remote areas the rai cost about 1 million, but no road, nor water and electricity.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The thing is that the land they are trying to sell at ridiculously high prices which they increase every year even though they could not sell it at the previously high price has no infrastructure

In Phuket where we live they have increased the price in the last 4 years from 6m a rai to 12m or more and its not selling 

I am talking about land which may or may not have access to electricity and nothing else

No made road or water supply and quite likely to flood or get eroded away in the rainy season if you try to clear and develop it 

The agents here do not seem to have a clue how to value a property and just list for the owners asking price which seems to be up to twice its value

Typical example is a house on approx 400 sqm land , same age and design varying in asking price from 13m to 7m baht and they cannot sell any of them

Its cheaper to buy a established home than a block to build on in the same area quite regularly 

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Can we get this thread back on track, I'm also curious to learn what current prices are.

Surin Province 5 years ago, bought 2 Chanotes of 1 ngnaan each, or 1/2 Rai, with power, water, and internet available right on a concrete street that was undeveloped for 350K, and it didn't need any fill soil. I still added 600cm though. 

Now, the same area, you can not find 1 ngnaan for less than 500-600K and thats usually gonna need power brought in, a well drilled, probably at least a meter or more of soil. 

And Thais were buying it. I could not build a house for myself of anything less than 1/2 rai, so at the current price its about a million baht per 1/2 rai. Thats $30k. Too rich for my blood as a florida guy when you can't own it and its still in a 3rd world country, and in a semi-rural area of a 3rd world country to boot. 

Nobody is buying right now though. Lots of stuff for sale at this price and just sitting. Thais don't care, they will sit on it for 20 years before marking the price down. 

13 hours ago, liveforever said:

Does anyone have any idea on chanote paddy land rai price with good access between buriram/surin please.

I have removed some off topic and some bickering posts between members.

I have moved it to the Isaan forum for local info.

I have half a rai in ban Chang rayong , has government water right next to it , electric , paved road and fenced right next to the garden international school for 1.7 million . Perfect building lot . Why would anyone pay 1 million baht a rai of rice paddy ? Location location location 

Between Surin-Buriram you can get a fair price from about 350K up to 550K per rai. Depending on how close you want to be to the cities the price will go up.
In almost all cases outside city you will have to add water, electricity and make a land fill of approx. 1 meter.

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Between Surin-Buriram you can get a fair price from about 350K up to 550K per rai. Depending on how close you want to be to the cities the price will go up.
In almost all cases outside city you will have to add water, electricity and make a land fill of approx. 1 meter.

Yep, but after its all said and done, land-fill (gets REALLY expensive, huge consideration), paying for power to be brought in, water well, etc... Sometimes works out more expensive than buying an "expensive" piece closer to town. 

And forget about having a good internet connection or strong electrical supply. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Yep, but after its all said and done, land-fill (gets REALLY expensive, huge consideration), paying for power to be brought in, water well, etc... Sometimes works out more expensive than buying an "expensive" piece closer to town. 

And forget about having a good internet connection or strong electrical supply. 

You are right! I just took a little bit, and mostly everything gets better with a piece of land in or close to the city. Just get closer to many things that we need on a daily basis.

On 12/13/2016 at 9:04 PM, juehoe said:

In Khao Tao (Hua Hin) about 2 million back in 2006 and now 10 million and more.

In Hua Hin itself the beachfront price raised from 30 million to now 200 million and more.

In rural, remote areas the rai cost about 1 million, but no road, nor water and electricity.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And the amazing part of the Dark Tao conspiracy, is that they are all fake land deeds. The entire island is leased land. So, they have been paying off the land office for decades, to create these fake deeds. The crimes continue to this day.

Not many are talking about the different types of Chanotes... The full (Red Bird) chanote,  which is the highest and strong form of lad ownership,  will usually cost more... This land has been GPS recorded in the land office and on one can make a claim against it...

How long is a piece of string?

Seriously go to the area you want to buy and check it out .

You want residential it'll be more than a farming land.

If its in a crap village no amenities it'll be cheaper than in a nice village with good roads,maybe have a 711 etc.

Your question is impossible to answer.

Archived