Price of a rai 2016

liveforever

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:15 AM, liveforever said:

Does anyone have any idea on chanote paddy land rai price with good access between buriram/surin please.

80k+/rai, Surin province, 15kms from the Cambodian border.

Just, this month, bought 25 rai (for 2 milion baht) of paddy fields.  Full (red) chanote land.  On a highway, therefore, access to power and cable (internet, tv).  No town water supply but bore water on the land is available.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people are getting sc...d. Talk to people in the Esaan farming forum to get a clear answer.

My advice will be to drive around and identify an area/town/district you like. Rent a house/apartment in the area and get to know the people. Over time you start to ask about land prices, which will give you an idea. Should people ask you if you want to buy you say no, you just want to know. If you like the area after 6 months or 1 year you ask people about land that's for sale. An alternative to this is to identify an area and then stop at small shops or restaurants and let your Thai partner ask about land that's for sale. If they see you the price will be double so keep out of it.

We bought 1.8 Rai or 2,880 m2 two years ago in Mae Faek, Sansai, Chiang Mai, for THB 1.4 Mio, direct concrete road access, water, power and internet all there, with no flooding risks. We found it expensive, but it was worth due to unobstructed view to the opposite hill carrying the Pratat Jomkiti Temple. When I see other prices here and now, it looks like it was a good buy. It's 35 km to downtown Chiang Mai and 20 km to the nearest Rimping at Meechok.

Not trying to digress but as it's already been mentioned  , is the raising of the ground level necessary ? I have seen houses built on concrete pillars plus slightly raised ground and the whole area beneath the house is utilised for various uses . However not sure if it is more costly but to me this looks a better option. 

6 minutes ago, vsigrist said:

We bought 1.8 Rai or 2,880 m2 two years ago in Mae Faek, Sansai, Chiang Mai, for THB 1.4 Mio, direct concrete road access, water, power and internet all there, with no flooding risks. We found it expensive, but it was worth due to unobstructed view to the opposite hill carrying the Pratat Jomkiti Temple. When I see other prices here and now, it looks like it was a good buy. It's 35 km to downtown Chiang Mai and 20 km to the nearest Rimping at Meechok.

What has that got to do with Isaan ?

And the amazing part of the Dark Tao conspiracy, is that they are all fake land deeds. The entire island is leased land. So, they have been paying off the land office for decades, to create these fake deeds. The crimes continue to this day.

It is Khao Tao, south of Hua Hin and not the island Koh Tao.

And there all real and legal Chanotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I bought - or my b/f did, I kept out of the picture - 2 rai about 3 km outside Prasat in south Surin last Dec (2015). Asking price was 2m฿. We got them down to 1.8. Tarmac road, good drainage (but we still brought in many many loads of 'soil'), electricity, wifi (& fibre coming), town water supply but - according to neighbours - not good quality or reliable so we have put in a bore.

2-storey house nearing completion. Falangs keep driving past, asking about builders, prices etc. Area is expanding rapidly -  the main east-west road (no. 24) is just 1.5 km to the north so the local farmers will be making a mint selling off (I guess on our road we have set the example) - just like all the western world's cities in the 1960s & 70s. In another 5 years we'll be in the middle of the suburbs. But we have a high reinforced brick wall all round ...

2 hours ago, bontang said:

My Wife purchased 2 x Rai few Km from Pattaya @350,000 Per Rai in 2001, The Price has gone up to 6 million per rai no Power or water ,

Land for sale up around Korat but no Title deed,

Look before you leap,

hahaha, the question is if anyone will pey her those 6 mil per rai, especially if no power or water, as you say :) as for me, I really doubt it (I would not pay)

On 13/12/2016 at 9:15 PM, liveforever said:

Does anyone have any idea on chanote paddy land rai price with good access between buriram/surin please.

Very hard question to answer as there are many variables to consider. 

Last year in Surin i was offered 5 rai for 1/2 million baht and I/2 rai in village for 300k

Apparently, i believe, someone did pay 1 million for 4 or 5 rai recently but this land was very close to the main highway

The problem is many thais believe the land is worth much more than anyone is prepared to pay for it and stay millionaires, on paper, as they will never ever sell it.

Banks will also secure loans upon it and overvalue it aswell

I personally believe that no farm land should be worth more than 200k per rai  ( no water or electricity)as very little money can be made by owning it except as an investment to sell in many years time.

Two years  ago bought 2.2 rai in rural Sisaket for 140k, landfill another 180k, plus 500k for three-phase (300 amps) electricity from main road 1.2 km away.  Have 350-meter lake in front (govt catchment) and endless supply of crystal-clear well water.  Built a 280-square-meter house with six bedrooms and four baths.  Heaven.

13 hours ago, juehoe said:

It is Khao Tao, south of Hua Hin and not the island Koh Tao.

And there all real and legal Chanotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Of course. Throughout Thailand, the vast majority of land deeds are real. But, on the island of Koh Tao (Dark Tao) most if not all are fake. It is leased land. 

8 hours ago, oobar said:

Two years  ago bought 2.2 rai in rural Sisaket for 140k, landfill another 180k, plus 500k for three-phase (300 amps) electricity from main road 1.2 km away.  Have 350-meter lake in front (govt catchment) and endless supply of crystal-clear well water.  Built a 280-square-meter house with six bedrooms and four baths.  Heaven.

Sounds very good , are you isolated without neighbours ? What did the house cost to build and any pics ?   Also how do you receive the internet supply . I hope not too many questions but the picture you paint is appealing . 

12 hours ago, Grubster said:

Rice paddy land 100 meters or more off the Highway on dirt road is about 200,000 per rai. I live in Sakon Nakhon province. 1,000,000 if on the Highway.

Weird how the value is more closer to the main road. Nothing less appealing to me than hearing traffic and the idea some dozy lorry driver could fall asleep at wheel and veer off into house your fast asleep in. 100 metres or more away from main rd would be ideal.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Weird how the value is more closer to the main road. Nothing less appealing to me than hearing traffic and the idea some dozy lorry driver could fall asleep at wheel and veer off into house your fast asleep in. 100 metres or more away from main rd would be ideal.

I think what they mean is a soi off of the main road that's not too far to drag utilities to nothing land . I for one can not imagine living in the middle of a rice paddy in a farang castle . Different courses for different horses 

1 minute ago, chrisandsu said:

I think what they mean is a soi off of the main road that's not too far to drag utilities to nothing land . I for one can not imagine living in the middle of a rice paddy in a farang castle . Different courses for different horses 

For farmers it also means the ease with which they can get their crop harvested and transported to market without having to haul it by hand along a track road or path. Mrs CM has several rai in Sukhothai which have been in the family for years, the only drawback to it is that access to it is very restricted, no way would it ever see a house being built on it.

22 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

For farmers it also means the ease with which they can get their crop harvested and transported to market without having to haul it by hand along a track road or path. Mrs CM has several rai in Sukhothai which have been in the family for years, the only drawback to it is that access to it is very restricted, no way would it ever see a house being built on it.

Absolutely . That's common sense ?? My advice would be buy this nothing land sit on it for 30 years , hope a foreigner will come in buy some land up the road from

You, improve the roads/utilities then I can sell the land to the next knight in shining armour to roll into town  and make a packet . You can put my consultancy fee in the post ?

There's more than a few parcels of land out there that are land locked, there is no public road and because parcels have been traded over time there's no legal enforceable access. So waiting for another landowner to improve access is probably a waste of time because that access will be to a single location, their own property.

5 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

There's more than a few parcels of land out there that are land locked, there is no public road and because parcels have been traded over time there's no legal enforceable access. So waiting for another landowner to improve access is probably a waste of time because that access will be to a single location, their own property.

Can you imagine the problems that would cause in a small raural area ? Stopping a farmer from reaching their land ? That would cause some serious damage in the community .they would figure out a way be it a land swop for an access road or whatever other way .

53 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I did hear of a farang who with his Thai wife bought a sizeable plot of land which part of it abutted the main road . After receiving the blessing for the land from the monk the wife said  where the house would have to be built according to the monks instructions which to the alarm of the farlang was next to the road . The farlang visited the monk and expressed his wish to have the house built at the back of the plot away from the road . Farangs request was granted with the aid of a brown envelope .

On 12/14/2016 at 4:15 AM, liveforever said:

My neighbour is selling 800 k 1 rai land with chanote for building house, next to tarmac road with electricity and village water, there were several big trees with big leaves and was told the tree alone worth something, location at Buriram Ban Mai Chaiyapot District

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Thais love the noise & the smell of diesel fumes. Just the opposite of falangs. So the further you are from a main road, the cheaper the land.

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Even worst when I see people building a 20mb baht just in front of the motorway !!!

Are we living on the same planet as these people ?

About 400k/rai about 10kms out of the city, black road and electricity and town water (near village) for rice land. Land in the village 800k/rai. Land a bit further down a small concrete road about 160k/rai if they are desperate to sell. I think it is way too expensive for rice land if you look at return of investment (less than 1%) especially at current price of rice.

The gf has been looking for a while around Surin, and still the same land is for sale for the last couple of years. She drives around and when she sees an area she likes she will stop at a little shop or restaurant and ask about land for sale. I went with the gf when she was looking  in October. I stayed hidden of course! Some nice land (particularly as it was about 50 kms away from the family!), but i found most of the blocks too narrow if you want to build a house, as i want a bit of buffer space in case someone builds next door. Which means buying 2 plots, which the gf hasn't quite got the money for, so we are still looking.

I know it is difficult/impossible to compare 2 countries but will throw this in just for interest. I am just back from my home town in the Riverina Australia which grows rice, citrus and grapes. My cousin has been offered rice land at A$2000/acre (about THB 20k/rai) and thinks that is expensive! They are bigger plots and i guess the cheaper land is offset by higher operating costs (wages and machinery).

Archived