2 Thai men killed after being hit by car driven by an Englishman

webfact

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

you simply don't know this. you know precisely nothing more than you have read here.

Let me rephrase that for the dimwitted and slow amongst us:

It is my opinion that he will be going to the big house for a long time, pay-offs are not going to help him much at all here.

(and if he doesn't, he should).

Being English didn't know what to do at the scene,couldn't do a runner as he was pissed.Bloody foreigner send him back shackled TO AUSTRALIA plz.

What would have happened had the two dead souls been driving and Poor old Nic was the victim?????

1 minute ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Being English didn't know what to do at the scene,couldn't do a runner as he was pissed.Bloody foreigner send him back shackled TO AUSTRALIA plz.

What would have happened had the two dead souls been driving and Poor old Nic was the victim?????

Shaved head and a few days at the watt?

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Maybe a message to the many other farangs who drink and drive over here, thinking, if I get caught, I'll pay a fine and walk away.

It would be an automatic jail sentence in the West.

Depends who you are in the west, same as the east.

He told police that he knew he had hit ‘something’, but had no idea that it was a motorbike until he eventually stopped close to soi 1 and got out of his car to find out what he had hit.

Probably not the wisest thing  to say to the Police at the time.

4 hours ago, laislica said:

The legal drug strikes again!

Just a thought, will the 2 Thai men's bodies be checked for drugs and alcohol?

Nobody forced the accused to drive after imbibing the 'legal drug'.

On the basis of the reported 'facts' there will little sympathy for the driver. Two wrongs don't make a right and if the Thai had been drinking it would only serve to mitigate the penalty.

Not enough facts here to really to see what has occured, for sure what he has admited (drinking from 4pm - 9) and his statement that he did not know he hit something shows he was probably hand-carts, upside down - $h i tFaced, but looking at the pic that bike has gone right under front of vehicle so how that happen, was the bike in the wrong, on wrong side of road, ghost riding no lights etc? yep the English guy is a di ck for DD but it may have not had been the root cause of this accident, yes a bad state of affairs for all concerned but all those saying throw the book at him, give him years in the Big house, mmm you have never had a drink and then driven/road home then ehh, never??

Is a warning to all

RIP to the men who died

2 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

5 really if you include his new wife and infant.

Yea I saw his FB page and wow, that is terrible. It is weird seeing all of the happy images and talk of mundane things, when now a huge torrent of depression and pain is coming their way, and his life is as good as over. Also the loved ones of the 2 dead Thai guys will be reeling too, just because of the totally legal and encouraged drug known as alcohol and one selfish mans decision making

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Maybe a message to the many other farangs who drink and drive over here, thinking, if I get caught, I'll pay a fine and walk away.

It would be an automatic jail sentence in the West.

Hopefully you are right. As a recovered Alcoholic myself I have woken up to some nightmarish situations....by the Grace of God nothing as monumental as this. I well remember a fellow recovered Alcoholic who was a medic in the USA telling me stories of how sometimes he would bring drunken drivers to the hospital who had been in accidents. He described how when they eventually wake up he would see them checking themselves all over their body seeing if any damage had been done to them and seeing the relief on their faces if they discovered they were relatively unharmed. On one occasion this very situation came about and the driver was well pleased.....little did he know that there were policemen positioned outside his hospital door because he was facing charges.....He had wiped out a family in the accident and didn't remember (or know) anything about it.

Most of us have heard stories of people locked up for stuff they don't even remember doing.

"There but for the Grace of God go I"......another stint on my knees in gratitude and gratefulness that with the help of my HP I managed to give up the "booze" 15 years ago now.

Condolences to all concerned with the deceased two men and I pray that the driver (and his family) gets all the help he needs and will need, to recover from this terrible tragedy.

7 hours ago, JoePai said:

Idiot - throw the book at him 

hold on a bit. yes he may well of been over the limit but how many times do we all see motor bikes pull out without looking and the result could of been the same had he not had a drink. i dont condone what he did but i also feel sorry for him cos hes a farang they will milk him until nothings left. hes <deleted>

As a strong recommendation to all drivers reading this, you must fork out a few thousand baht and get yourself a decent dash cam. They are truly invaluable in a country like this where very few national drivers actually obey the rules of the road. It does not excuse this man at all for drink driving, but any mitigating circumstances that might weigh in his favour (like driving wrong way or without lights etc by the bike driver) will never be known.

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:37 PM, Lokie said:

Not enough facts here to really to see what has occured, for sure what he has admited (drinking from 4pm - 9) and his statement that he did not know he hit something shows he was probably hand-carts, upside down - $h i tFaced, but looking at the pic that bike has gone right under front of vehicle so how that happen, was the bike in the wrong, on wrong side of road, ghost riding no lights etc? yep the English guy is a di ck for DD but it may have not had been the root cause of this accident, yes a bad state of affairs for all concerned but all those saying throw the book at him, give him years in the Big house, mmm you have never had a drink and then driven/road home then ehh, never??

Is a warning to all

RIP to the men who died

Me? No never, not even once!

And for posters making excuses for him, those questioning whether the bike had working lights, not in the correct position on the road, they perhaps being drunk also, and anything else you can dream up, you just simply amaze me.

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

And for posters making excuses for him, those questioning whether the bike had working lights, not in the correct potion on the road, they perhaps being drunk also, and anything else you can dream up, you just simply amaze me.

Have the results of his tests been published yet?

6 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

As a strong recommendation to all drivers reading this, you must fork out a few thousand baht and get yourself a decent dash cam. They are truly invaluable in a country like this where very few national drivers actually obey the rules of the road. It does not excuse this man at all for drink driving, but any mitigating circumstances that might weigh in his favour (like driving wrong way or without lights etc by the bike driver) will never be known.

Which is why i avoid driving in any capacity in Thailand. Just to many hazzards and risks.

If you drive pissed here you are a double nutter.

1 hour ago, Adeeos said:

Any chance as a farlang he can join the monkhood,, and get off scot free like the recent hi-so Thai that burnt the 2 students to death?,,,, didn't think so 

The one you refer to so inaccurately has not got off scot free at all, the case is in court and ongoing.

This is  sad situation- looking at the marks on the car and the positioning of the motorbike I would venture a guess that the strike was fronal and the bike turned into the car's path of travel. I am in no way exonerating the car driver. He was impaired, possibly driving too fast and it was dark and 2 people are dead.  If he has insurance the insurance will most likely pay off everything including compensation to the family of the deceased. However, he faces a felony charge of driving while intoxicated and causing death. In the West- jail for sure. In Thailand- negotiation .

The roads in rural areas are dimly lit with motorcycles and all methods of contraptions all over the road and cars drive way too fast for conditions and being impaired raises the odds of an accident exponentially.

3 minutes ago, laislica said:

Have the results of his tests been published yet?

I suppose he could be lying when he said he was drinking beer and wine from 4pm until 9pm and he could in fact have only a legal amount of alcohol in his blood, I hadn't considered that possibility!

6 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

And for posters making excuses for him, those questioning whether the bike had working lights, not in the correct potion on the road, they perhaps being drunk also, and anything else you can dream up, you just simply amaze me.

And if tests from both deceased come back showing intoxication who's at fault then? Not condoning driving under the influance of any drug/alchol but not enough facts here yet, and I have in the past when a lot younger and stupid have driven when should not of but then Im a mere mortal human - but an honest one, there for the grace of god

as said RIP

5 hours ago, laislica said:

The legal drug strikes again!

Just a thought, will the 2 Thai men's bodies be checked for drugs and alcohol?

Of course not, they have their culprit, they wont risk muddying the waters..... 

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

If he has insurance the insurance will most likely pay off everything including compensation to the family of the deceased. However, he faces a felony charge of driving while intoxicated and causing death. In the West- jail for sure. In Thailand- negotiation .

The roads in rural areas are dimly lit with motorcycles and all methods of contraptions all over the road and cars drive way too fast for conditions and being impaired raises the odds of an accident exponentially.

Why would an insurance company pay compensation for a illegal act?

His insurance will be null and void, ie gross personal liability.

12 minutes ago, Lokie said:

And if tests from both deceased come back showing intoxication who's at fault then? Not condoning driving under the influance of any drug/alchol but not enough facts here yet, and I have in the past when a lot younger and stupid have driven when should not of but then Im a mere mortal human - but an honest one, there for the grace of god

as said RIP

If the blood test result from all parties show positive then the driver of the Ford is at fault, the other two were already found guilty and are now serving their sentence.

Archived