BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluesofa

Android always displays the last post in a thread

That is how is looks like (S5, Android 4.4.2, TV app v 5.1.15 and TV app v 3.13.52, although the settings for v3 look slightly different and a re much more difficult to get to.

If you read my post earlier, I've tried all three options in Settings on both V3 and V5 of Thaivisa App.

And as I said, Jump to First Unread and Jump to Most Recent both behave the same. It jumps to the last post.

Before the now infamous "upgrade" to the TV site this worked OK on the V3 of the ThaiVisa app. I had it set to Jump to First Unread. If it was a new thread it showed me the OP. Once I read a few pages and revisited later, it gave me the first unread post. Now it shows me the last post.

Pisspoor programming... is all I can say...

Any answer from the "Techies"? No, I suppose not...

A question Puccini. If you have never read a topic, and it spans now 10 pages (for the sake of argument).  Do you see the OP or the last post?

IMO, you should see the OP. Next time you visit you should see the first post after the one you read last...

Test: Reading a topic which had 8 post last time I read it and now has 14 posts

Result: App jumps to the first unread post in the topic, ie post #9

Conclusion: The app gives the expected result

first unread post.mp4

This is the same for tapatalk, it changed and now defaults to latest post always, pain in the backside.

If anyone has a clue where settings, discussion settings can be found on desktop page maybe you can let me know, it appears to be well hidden

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

...If anyone has a clue where settings, discussion settings can be found on desktop page maybe you can let me know, it appears to be well hidden

As the discussion of functions of this website when viewed in a web browser (eg on a desktop computer) would be off topic here, please start a new topic about your question in the forum http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/19-forum-support-desk/

I was almost ready to eat my hat and apologize for being rude, but after more thorough testing agree with Puccini. The app is half broken. On an already read topic it goes, but on new it blows...

And V5 of the app really sucks golf balls through a garden hose... 

Well, good thing I don't use the Android app very often.

But please tell me somebody. How do I remove the notifications from the v5 app that somebody replied to some topic...

My old android app suddenly works again , not Tapatalk but the old one. for my Samsung tablet.  When I say work I mean I can enter my favourite forums , and read all the posts instead of nothing happens.    

Maybe because they try to fix  Tapatalk I can enjoy the old app  , probably for a short time. 

Tapatalk is still going to the last post. Plus if you go into timeline takes too long to update. My other forums timeline seems to update much quicker

Tapatalk is still going to the last post. Plus if you go into timeline takes too long to update. My other forums timeline seems to update much quicker

Yes, 'Timeline' takes forever to load and when it finally does it only shows around 20 threads. 'Participated' is quicker but annoyingly goes to the last post, rather than the last unread post. 'Browse' loads quickly but individual Forums can't be opened.

First unread would in fact be first post of thread if you've never viewed that post before, isnt it?

Used to work, but for the past 6 months at least, it doesnt.

No TV staff have come out to confirm it. I'm mulling starting my own thread about it.

First unread would in fact be first post of thread if you've never viewed that post before, isnt it?

Used to work, but for the past 6 months at least, it doesnt.

No TV staff have come out to confirm it. I'm mulling starting my own thread about it.

I think further back they asked for a new thread to be started, go for it