Police turn female impersonators as knife snatch team nabbed

webfact

Police turn female impersonators as knife snatch team nabbed

p1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Cops in northern Bangkok nabbed a gang stealing property at knifepoint with some imaginative proactive policing.

Following several cases of theft from women, station chief Kitisak Thiangkamon ordered his underling Wiwek Kamonwiboon to dress as a woman, reports Daily News.

That's him in the picture looking every bit the part!

Wiwek found a wig and a dress and started wandering in quiet areas where the gang were operating and it was not long before his charms managed to hook the thieves.

He was approached by two youths on a Honda Wave and immediately called for back-up who swung into action.  The youths - aged 17 and 18 - were arrested and it was not long before they had admitted to a string of thefts using a knife and a box cutter.

Police had realized a gang was operating in the Rattanathibet area targeting women. On the 7th of this month a woman had her computer notebook stolen at a bus stop outside a department store. Hours later there was another attempted theft nearby.

Then a woman was robbed of a digital camera and some money at the end of Soi 18 in the same neighborhood. All the offences were identical.

So police decided to entice the miscreants with officer Wiwek's helpful disguise.

One of the youths was found to have previous with two thefts at a 7-11 store and outside the ministry of trade.

Both villains were charged with theft with menaces during the hours of darkness and detained.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-15

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i see one of them has started out on a life of crime, i wonder how long it will be before he puts that knife to use,  i can see it now, murder charge in the future,and as to the photot shoot "i would" now where did i leave my glasses, lol,

4 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Wonder why hers  his hands are blurred out on the picture? And that thing about line up photos with criminals is against the law did not last very long.

So where are the criminals? (And don't say all of them!)

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

That disguise would not have fooled Thai Visa's  detective brigade, although if this had been in Pattaya, I am sure some of the farang ladyboy lovers would have propositioned him. looks like Corporal Klinger.

nothing like corporal klinger  but  i get your humor    (fat yes  and not so goodlooking)

1 hour ago, Toronto said:

So clever. Puts the FBI to shame.

I think the FBI put the FBI to shame judging by recent political events.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Apparently the "underling" now insists on wearing women's clothing and the wig all the time now.  Off duty you can find her/him singing Karaoke in a local bar!

And you know this how? Is that the bar you frequent?

:smile:

I don't think an officer would be able to order a man to dress up as a woman in Farangland, would they?

Archived