Selfies on dangerous mountain cliffs banned

webfact

Selfies on dangerous mountain cliffs banned

selfie.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Tourists visiting national parks in the country are now banned from taking selfies at dangerous locations on mountain cliffs.

The ban came as now a large number of both local and foreign visitors are flocking to mountaintop tourist attractions to experience the cool temperatures and some trying to snap perfect pictures of their own at these dangerous locations.

Gen Surasak Kanchanarat, the minister of Natural Resources and Environment, said instructions have been given to authorities at all national parks to forbid selfies at dangerous locations in the sea and on the mountains.

He then mentioned dangerous locations on mountain tops in the North and the Northeast, particularly on the cliffs such as Pa Diew Dai, Kew Mae Pan, and Phu Chi Fah.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/selfies-dangerous-mountain-cliffs-banned/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-15

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Oh, come on. Let Darwinism take its course. 

Absolutely...At least they will still allow tourists to stare at Google Maps as they approach dangerous cliffs. Let's hope no one invents an app, the warns: "Hey Dummy. You are approaching a hundred meter drop off!!!" I hate messing with nature. 

Might just get me a comfortable chair, a few sandwiches and and make a day out of watching natural selection in action. It will be a nice change from watching them become road pizza trying to cross a busy intersection, totally oblivious to the traffic. 

Maybe .... to protect the citizens from engaging in dangerous activities they should consider banning;

- driving over the speed limit

- driving through red lights

- driving without a helmet

- raping tourists

- extortion

- monks

- mini vans

Although, I guess all these things are so difficult to enforce that we should just forget it and get on with our dangerous lives.

Archived