SETV Savannakhet - now asking for itinerary/bank statements

You both would only get a 15 day entry. But you can apply for a 30 day extension at immigration.

Hello ubonjoe, today my application for a tourist visa got rejected in savanakhet, they asked me for a bank statement proof of funds at least 20k and a dated outgoing plane ticket. I am stuck in laos, my visa expires this sunday february 26th. I already spoke to my thai friend and she said i can apply for a thai bank account. Also buy a plane ticket outward. My question is, can i just go straight out of the bridge and get a 15 day visa? Im filipino. I asked the embassy for advice but they just ignored me and told me to provide them a bank account and ticket. Once i get back to thailand i can process all the paperwork easily. But being here in svanakhet is quite difficult. Need you expert advice about this ubonjoe. Thanks

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I cant comment whether they will let you cross back into thailand or not on a visa exempt (for me they did, UK passport) but i just wanted to say it doesnt have to be a thai bank account. If you can print an online statement showing at least the equivalent of 20k baht it would be accepted. An onward flight ticket is also easy, google: fly onward

good luck

I cant comment whether they will let you cross back into thailand or not on a visa exempt (for me they did, UK passport) but i just wanted to say it doesnt have to be a thai bank account. If you can print an online statement showing at least the equivalent of 20k baht it would be accepted. An onward flight ticket is also easy, google: fly onward

good luck

I am pretty sure that philippines are on the visa exempt list. I dont have a bank account as of now. All my money comes in via western union or moneygram, i told them if i can present that and they said no. Its just so difficult to do everything here in laos, so i was hoping if i could just come in on a 15 day visa first. Fix all of my documents while in thailand and come back here in laos to apply for a 60 day visa. I dont want to get stopped at the border, so if anyone please can give me an advice i would be very grateful. My tourist visa expires this sunday the 26th.

2 minutes ago, Nesnaitsirk said:

I am pretty sure that philippines are on the visa exempt list. I dont have a bank account as of now. All my money comes in via western union or moneygram, i told them if i can present that and they said no. Its just so difficult to do everything here in laos, so i was hoping if i could just come in on a 15 day visa first. Fix all of my documents while in thailand and come back here in laos to apply for a 60 day visa. I dont want to get stopped at the border, so if anyone please can give me an advice i would be very grateful. My tourist visa expires this sunday the 26th.

Well, as I understand it now, all countries get 30 days at a land border, but only 2 times per calander year, so you should get 30 days at the bridge, which is extendable, giving you time to sort your paperwork out. Not having a bank account means this is your only option, right?  There is no way around the consulates requirements....

Youve said your tourist visa expires sun 26th, you mean ur thai visa or Laos? If you're in laos now your thai visa has gone already.  If you mean your laos visa then you dont have time to try at the thai embassy in Vientiene, unless you can extend your stay in Laos, and for this i have no idea

good luck 

Well, as I understand it now, all countries get 30 days at a land border, but only 2 times per calander year, so you should get 30 days at the bridge, which is extendable, giving you time to sort your paperwork out. Not having a bank account means this is your only option, right?  There is no way around the consulates requirements....
Youve said your tourist visa expires sun 26th, you mean ur thai visa or Laos? If you're in laos now your thai visa has gone already.  If you mean your laos visa then you dont have time to try at the thai embassy in Vientiene, unless you can extend your stay in Laos, and for this i have no idea

good luck 

Hi

I arrived here this morning from thailand then went straight to the thai embassy. If i go back to thailand tomorrow and just do a border crossing would they still allow me since my thai tourist visa expires on the 26th.

Hi

I arrived here this morning from thailand then went straight to the thai embassy. If i go back to thailand tomorrow and just do a border crossing would they still allow me since my thai tourist visa expires on the 26th.

Do you have a re-entry permit? If you dont know what this is, then you dont have one

if you dont have one, then no, as soon as you exit thailand that visa is finished. 

You can try re-enter thailand using a visa exempt entry. 

Do you have a re-entry permit? If you dont know what this is, then you dont have one

if you dont have one, then no, as soon as you exit thailand that visa is finished. 

You can try re-enter thailand using a visa exempt entry. 

I dont have a re entry permit. I am trying to apply for a new tourist visa. But need bank statement and dated air ticket. I arrived here today hoping that i would get my new tourist visa tomorrow (friday) since the embassy is closed on the weekends and my visa expires this sunday. So you think the best advice is for me to just cross the border tomorrow back to thailand? I havent done land crossings yet. I heard we are only allowed twice? I just want clarity if i wont have any problems on my way back to thailand at the border. Once i get to thailand (if ever) i will process all my documents then back to laos to apply for a proper tourist visa again. Im just worried that i will not get knocked out at the border.

I dont have a re entry permit. I am trying to apply for a new tourist visa. But need bank statement and dated air ticket. I arrived here today hoping that i would get my new tourist visa tomorrow (friday) since the embassy is closed on the weekends and my visa expires this sunday. So you think the best advice is for me to just cross the border tomorrow back to thailand? I havent done land crossings yet. I heard we are only allowed twice? I just want clarity if i wont have any problems on my way back to thailand at the border. Once i get to thailand (if ever) i will process all my documents then back to laos to apply for a proper tourist visa again. Im just worried that i will not get knocked out at the border.

You keep saying your visa expires on sunday, this is confusing: Your thai visa expired the day you left thailand. Its gone, forget about it. 

my advice is try the bridge tomorrow. If that fails then read up on the requirements in vientiene, laos, as you could take a bus there to apply. 

Other than that youd need to fly somewhere else to apply. 

Try the easiest first; the bridge

• Like 2

You keep saying your visa expires on sunday, this is confusing: Your thai visa expired the day you left thailand. Its gone, forget about it. 

my advice is try the bridge tomorrow. If that fails then read up on the requirements in vientiene, laos, as you could take a bus there to apply. 

Other than that youd need to fly somewhere else to apply. 

Try the easiest first; the bridge

Thanks so much for advice, i will try it

1 hour ago, Nesnaitsirk said:

You don't qualify for a visa at Savannakhet so you only have two choices. 1. Go to Vientiane in Laos and try for a tourist visa there. They don't ask for bank statements. 2. Try to enter by land border for a 30 day visa exempt entry. The worst that can happen, if denied entry, is that you'd  have to return to Laos and plan, plan c.

You don't qualify for a visa at Savannakhet so you only have two choices. 1. Go to Vientiane in Laos and try for a tourist visa there. They don't ask for bank statements. 2. Try to enter by land border for a 30 day visa exempt entry. The worst that can happen, if denied entry, is that you'd  have to return to Laos and plan, plan c.

Philippines is qualified for visa exempt

You could point out your freedom of movement  as ASEAN State Member, if they want to denied you another 30 days at Land Border. My Pinay GF was told recently at Chiangkong, that they dont let her out and in again. We had to insist with the Supervisor finally and all was fine.

BTW, She just arrived in Thailand her 1 time last April 2016  and had obtained 1 Tourist Visa only.

The Officer moaned, " You Stay long time in  Thailand " .......That was last October !!!! So , from April to October is " long time " , regarding the Jerk ummm sorry Clerk.

12 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

...in our case the IO didnt want her let  to leave ( and re-enter ) the country .....of course she is free to leave .

They have every right to stop someone exiting and immediately re-entering. If she made it clear that she was exiting, had the right to enter the neighbouring country, and was not immediately returning they would have let her exit.

They stop people exiting to avoid having to deny re-entry and send the person back to the neighbouring country or leave them stranded in no mans land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

They have every right to stop someone exiting and immediately re-entering. If she made it clear that she was exiting, had the right to enter the neighbouring country, and was not immediately returning they would have let her exit.

They stop people exiting to avoid having to deny re-entry and send the person back to the neighbouring country or leave them stranded in no mans land.

Who said that we told them to return immediately?

The Clerk was selective , picking on her , instead me as Swiss Citizen  he allowed explicit to return and back  , how can that be right?

Especially i stay over 5 Years in Thailand on different types of visa and she just spent less then a year here , her first time here ever ????

That makes perfect sense , ic.

BTW, the IO was stinking from alcool early morning and we finally reported him incl. his Badge Number to the HQ in Chiangrai.

Edited by thetruth revealer

1 hour ago, thetruth revealer said:

You implied such ......

3 hours ago, thetruth revealer said:

My Pinay GF was told recently at Chiangkong, that they dont let her out and in again.

3 hours ago, thetruth revealer said:

...in our case the IO didnt want her let  to leave ( and re-enter ) the country

Based on those quotes you told them or they knew her intention.

The Clerk was selective , picking on her , instead me as Swiss Citizen  he allowed explicit to return and back  , how can that be right?

I am sure they were being selective. IMO almost all Filipinos doing border bounces to extend their stay are illegally working, and IMO immigration are aware/suspicious of the fact.

41 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I am sure they were being selective. IMO almost all Filipinos doing border bounces to extend their stay are illegally working, and IMO immigration are aware/suspicious of the fact.

which proofs their racist attitudes towards somebody which completely doesnt fullfill their narrow mind..... and .... what is YOUR opinion based on???

which proofs their racist attitudes towards somebody which completely doesnt fullfill their narrow mind..... and .... what is YOUR opinion based on???

It's not racism, but immigration control of people abusing the system.

Personal experience of border runs, Filipino friends, immigration officer friends, 21 years in Thailand.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thetruth revealer said:

Especially i stay over 5 Years in Thailand on different types of visa and she just spent less then a year here , her first time here ever ????

That makes perfect sense , ic.

BTW, the IO was stinking from alcool early morning and we finally reported him incl. his Badge Number to the HQ in Chiangrai.

Would a Swiss citizen or a citizen of The Philippines be more likely to seek to work illegally in Thailand?  You do the median per-capita income math.  This is based on economic opportunities in your respective countries of origin, which it is reasonable to assume might affect your reasons for coming to Thailand, and activities therein. 

19 hours ago, thetruth revealer said:

You could point out your freedom of movement  as ASEAN State Member, if they want to denied you another 30 days at Land Border. My Pinay GF was told recently at Chiangkong, that they dont let her out and in again. We had to insist with the Supervisor finally and all was fine.

BTW, She just arrived in Thailand her 1 time last April 2016  and had obtained 1 Tourist Visa only.

The Officer moaned, " You Stay long time in  Thailand " .......That was last October !!!! So , from April to October is " long time " , regarding the Jerk ummm sorry Clerk.

Staying over 6 months is, yes, a longer time to visit a country.  While there is some leeway for Tourist Visa holders under 50 to stay longer-term, this is actively discouraged for Visa Exempt entries.  I have been questioned on "what I am doing in Thailand," and provided evidence I do not need to work in Thailand - to spite the fact I could get a better-paying job in my home-country - an option which is statistically far less likely for someone from the PI.

• Like 2