WorldPay - UKVI Online

Just making a start on the online application form -  when I selected the type of visa I got this popup

WorldPay, our online payment merchant, is introducing new payment pages on 15th December.
If you make a visa application but your payment(s) are declined and you fail to make a valid online payment before 15th December then you will need to make a new visa application.

...I'm assuming I'd need to complete the form and pay tonight, else I will need to start again?  Am I reading that right?  Anyone else read that differently?

It is typical UKVI speak! Unclear and imprecise!

I read this as a potential problem only if you attempt to pay. Not sure it applies to applications you are still working through and have not got to payment stage.

Just in case make sure you have everything printed out so you can fill in a new application easily.

Perhaps this means the currency conversion con will be replaced and allow payments to made in local currency or at the very least, in Pounds Sterling!

7 hours ago, bobrussell said:

Perhaps this means the currency conversion con will be replaced and allow payments to made in local currency or at the very least, in Pounds Sterling!

The Gov.uk are still quoting the price in US$ so I suspect not, but who knows with the UKVI.

Well... I have a PDF of the previous application and even with copy/paste it took a long time to get through the bulk of the application... hope I don't have to do that again!

I do have a question for those with experience >>

My wife is still working at the time of application.  In the employment section  should I put in the current job?  She's obviously going to quit soon so do I put 'supported by spouse'.. or 'unemployed'

No problem including it but the ECO will not be overly interested if it is a settlement application. It goes without saying that most people will change jobs if they change countries and even if she was continuing to work, her income cannot be counted towards the financial requirement. It can at further leave to remain stage.

Hi,

I am from Palestine and I am having the same problem regarding worldpay. it says ''Sorry, there was a problem processing your payment'' every-time i want to pay my visa application fees. I am running out of time and they keep cancelling my appointment because I could not pay. I already paid my health insurance. In an attempt to avoid this problem, I started another new application but they wanted me to pay for a new HIF again. Please help 

On 16/12/2559 at 0:35 AM, bobrussell said:

It is typical UKVI speak! Unclear and imprecise!

I read this as a potential problem only if you attempt to pay. Not sure it applies to applications you are still working through and have not got to payment stage.

Just in case make sure you have everything printed out so you can fill in a new application easily.

Indeed, you cannot pay until you submit (and first book the appointment) - then you have 3 hours to pay.

Wishful thinking Bob about the Sterling price :smile:

18 hours ago, Shaymaa said:

Hi,

I am from Palestine and I am having the same problem regarding worldpay. it says ''Sorry, there was a problem processing your payment'' every-time i want to pay my visa application fees. I am running out of time and they keep cancelling my appointment because I could not pay. I already paid my health insurance. In an attempt to avoid this problem, I started another new application but they wanted me to pay for a new HIF again. Please help 

That is alarming!

If you are outside the UK you can contact UKVI here https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

If you applying for someone and you are inside the UK https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/technical-problems-when-applying-online

Good luck with that - keep us posted

On 18 December 2016 at 6:34 AM, globalThailand said:

That is alarming!

If you are outside the UK you can contact UKVI here https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

If you applying for someone and you are inside the UK https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/technical-problems-when-applying-online

Good luck with that - keep us posted

Thank you for you advice. Actually, I have contacted the UKVI about 5 times in two days. All what they said that it is a technical problem and I need to make sure that I am using a trusted browser such as Google Chrome or explorer 9,10. That all what they said. I am using Google Chrome which is trusted and I did not have this problem when I paid my health insurance fees. I called the British Consulate Office in my city and they confirmed that other people are having the same problem regarding processing their payments. However, they were unable to help because it not their mandatory. I contacted the University in which I will study and I hope they get back to me as soon as possible.

will keep you updated

The UKVI help contact form really hasn't been very helpful in my experience... but I really thought they would be useful in this case.

It's good you've been in contact with the consulate office.  Keep a record of all your interactions, emails, calls etc in case you ever need to appeal.  If you have lost payment for the health surcharge I'd get in touch with your bank / credit card company.

Here's a link to the worldpay contact page - not sure if that will be of any help.

https://www.worldpay.com/global/about/contact-us/get-in-contact

Good luck with everything!

• 2 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, Shaymaa said:

Thank you for you advice. Actually, I have contacted the UKVI about 5 times in two days. All what they said that it is a technical problem and I need to make sure that I am using a trusted browser such as Google Chrome or explorer 9,10. That all what they said. I am using Google Chrome which is trusted and I did not have this problem when I paid my health insurance fees. I called the British Consulate Office in my city and they confirmed that other people are having the same problem regarding processing their payments. However, they were unable to help because it not their mandatory. I contacted the University in which I will study and I hope they get back to me as soon as possible.

will keep you updated

HI Shaymaa,

I am having a similar problem.

I applied for my family and myself UKVisa .my credit card got debited of the IHS(health surcharge) and the visa fees.

But to my surprise I got only the IHS confirmation mail.the page keeps saying your" visa fees in progress" ……..its been 4 days.I am waiting for the visa fees confirmation mail to go ahead and make an appointment for biometrics.I called up UKVI, after many attempts they answer the call only to say change your browser or cancel the application and make a new one.I have paid a big sum almost 2250 $ for each application( I have 2 applications in trouble= 4500 $).They want me to cancel and wait for a refund which might take 2 or more weeks...….!!!!!!

Please can you tell me what happened eventually in your case?

Archived