Thai woman fights back and kills man who attempted to rape her

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I somehow knew the word  "scum - - - "  would crop up when I read this story. 

This is a word I rarely ever heard used before coming Thailand (I come from Western Europe). It appears to me it is used by peoples from one particular nation on a regular basis.

At home, if a person used this word, most people within earshot would physically cringe with disgust. When I see it written down it appears even worse. ......I can assure readers that I am no "shrinking violet"...and have been pulled up on more than one occasion myself for using the "F" word. But the word I'm referring to, for me, is in a completely different category. It''s on a par with calling a lady by the "C" word.

For me, it says more about the person using it ....than it does about the person it is aimed at.

The word scumbag is not vulgar to the native speakers of the language it comes from. Complaining that it's offensive to second language speakers, no matter how fluent they are, is inane. If you're learning Thai, you might struggle to learn to use the word for pumpkin without flinching, but if you talk about pumpkins often enough, you'll end up doing it without having a second thought. Seems like you're suffering from an empty hangup.

6 hours ago, humqdpf said:

So how to you propose to deal with her? Tell her that she should just accept the rape? And then watch the guy get an easy punishment? Women are not allowed to defend themselves?

Just based on the evidence, this guy was not taking no for an answer - attacked her in the field, chased her all the way home, then fought her etc.

Are you reading me wrongly? read what i wrote again. 

6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I somehow knew the word  "scum - - - "  would crop up when I read this story. 

This is a word I rarely ever heard used before coming Thailand (I come from Western Europe). It appears to me it is used by peoples from one particular nation on a regular basis.

At home, if a person used this word, most people within earshot would physically cringe with disgust. When I see it written down it appears even worse. ......I can assure readers that I am no "shrinking violet"...and have been pulled up on more than one occasion myself for using the "F" word. But the word I'm referring to, for me, is in a completely different category. It''s on a par with calling a lady by the "C" word.

For me, it says more about the person using it ....than it does about the person it is aimed at.

scumbag is a synonym for wasted sperm.

It reminds me of the old story............" When a virgin dies they cut out her fanny and nail it to a post.  Each person that passes by must use his pointer to stretch it just a little.  When it stretches to 6 feet they give it a badge and a gun and a uniform.  A typical virgin 'C".

6 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

I've been  very afraid for my Uni student niece who is being harassed by a motorbike taxi guy in Bkk.

Like the farmer lady in this article she is also described as    " an attractive single woman " .  Very much so,  and she avoids him..

Thinking about suggesting she carry a knife.

Wait and see the outcome of this case.

It is safer to equip her with a loud whistle and a can of pepper spray. Lethal weapons can be taken and turned against her.

7 hours ago, humqdpf said:

So how to you propose to deal with her? Tell her that she should just accept the rape? And then watch the guy get an easy punishment? Women are not allowed to defend themselves?

Just based on the evidence, this guy was not taking no for an answer - attacked her in the field, chased her all the way home, then fought her etc.

Sir, you are not reading the reply correctly. The Op is suggesting that apart from a medal the woman should also run classes in using a knife for protection against rape! Please attempt to understand what is written before answering.....ok?   :wai:

7 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

It happens. My wife once asked a taxi driver to stop as clearly he didn't know the way to her conference. He got out and threw her bag all over the road. He then called a friend on his phone and said 'we have a girl we can kill'. 

That is terrible.  Reason #1,001 to switch to using Uber.

Why it was more scary was it was around the time the train staff killed that girl, so 'rape' 'murder' was in the media constantly.

As if the situation needed more of a reason to be scary...

Jingjoe

Of course i know that your post was not serious.

And if you have ever read any of my previous posts on the subject of where a woman has been subject to a sexual assault or rape,you will find that i am more than sympathetic.I am sorry that the sensitive poster was upset,but unfortunately i have the sense of humour that does not suit all people.It was i,when the post came out earlier in the week, that critisized the posters here who refused to believe that it was all her fault.I am viciously against any man that sees a woman as a chattel for use as he sees fit,when he sees fit .But here, it seems the norm for the male ego to expect sexual gratification in anyway he does see fit,and the points go up alarmingly when it is committed on a ferang woman.This (can i use the word?) scum will not be treated in prison here as he would in one of our nick's.He will be a hero,who will regale to his wing buddies,nightly, the story of how he got to have sex with a white woman,and what it was like,because that will be the question on all his verminous cell mates lips.

I hope i have been apologetic to the degree that satisfies your request and i stand admonished in the high realms of the TV forum.If not,i will willingly slash both my wrists in shame immediately.

4 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

Thanks A.    But not sure meaning of   "the local Bill"  and "appropriate lunch".   

Is  this generalised or something I don't know about in Bkk?

Not Aussie slang I don't think.

reckon its about someone appropriate and taking a trip maybe?? 

Come on Joe, wakey wakey. I'm an old Aussie & I understand completely what was written. Local Bill ... local BIB. Appropriate lunch, as in bottle of booze, free meal, bribe, brown envelope. You know, motivation money.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the lady concerned on a job well done, I truly believe that it is high time more women stood up to this kind of behavior, I wonder how often rape occurs in marriages or long term relationships ? Far too many men believe it is their God/Buddha given right to have sex anytime they damn well please, time to turn the tables ladies.

Secondly can someone in TVF management please ensure that words like Bad, Nasty, SCUM, Pimple, Bum boil etc be removed from use on this forum, it upsets people very much and heaven forbid we upset people with sensitive natures. :cheesy:   

10 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

How to deal? let the lady go, award her with a medal for bravery and get her to hold a sponsored class nationwide for all females in Thailand: How to Stab the Rapist to death. Thank you.

Yeah, the classes could teach all women how to stab someone to death and claim rape. I can just see an increase in sexpat stabbings when the punter doesn't pay what the girl wants, or maybe just doesn't give her any satisfaction--she stabs him to death; takes as much money as she wants, which would undoubtedly give  her some satisfaction; then claims rape.

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the lady concerned on a job well done, I truly believe that it is high time more women stood up to this kind of behavior, I wonder how often rape occurs in marriages or long term relationships ? Far too many men believe it is their God/Buddha given right to have sex anytime they damn well please, time to turn the tables ladies.

Secondly can someone in TVF management please ensure that words like Bad, Nasty, SCUM, Pimple, Bum boil etc be removed from use on this forum, it upsets people very much and heaven forbid we upset people with sensitive natures. :cheesy:   

You mean you have relationships with women who do not have sex with you when you want--I find I rarely get refused because I try to please her too. It may be that reciprocal sex is as important to a relationship as is trust.

4 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

Investigation is always needed in the case of 'unnatural death'.  I hope the story is as 'cheerworthy' as it seems. If so, good on her!  

You´re right! Just a comment in the heat of the moment, but fits well if it´s right like it´s told.

6 minutes ago, smotherb said:

You mean you have relationships with women who do not have sex with you when you want--I find I rarely get refused because I try to please her too. It may be that reciprocal sex is as important to a relationship as is trust.

I am sure he didn´t mean that, because you can not find a single piece that regards what you just said. Also it was about a woman that stood up and protected herself against a rapist, not if your type of sex is important to a relationship.

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Maybe women and girls should all be armed with pepper spray or the equivalent. Arming them with knives just increases the risk of them being stabbed or shot and mitigates the attackers actions

Maybe men should be educated to behave ethically? :angry:

45 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Come on Joe, wakey wakey. I'm an old Aussie & I understand completely what was written. Local Bill ... local BIB. Appropriate lunch, as in bottle of booze, free meal, bribe, brown envelope. You know, motivation money.

Actually it was a typo and should have been lunch box but it read OK for the majority to understand the inference so let it stand as it was. As for the " Bill" it's  pommie slang and again understood by most.

20 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I am sure he didn´t mean that, because you can not find a single piece that regards what you just said. Also it was about a woman that stood up and protected herself against a rapist, not if your type of sex is important to a relationship.

I am sorry if I confused you. My post was a rhetorical question directly correlated to what was said in Golden Triangle's post, " . . .  I wonder how often rape occurs in marriages or long term relationships ? . . . . Far too many men believe it is their God/Buddha given right to have sex anytime they damn well please . . . " neither statement connotes consensual sex to me; in fact, they are synonymous with forced sex, dare I say even rape. Whereupon I retorted, " . . . You mean you have relationships with women who do not have sex with you when you want  . . ."  as in, are you one of those too many men?

Oh, I forgot to add, I think the type of sex is basic to this OP--rape is indeed a type pf sex--although some say it is about dominance and others see it as a dastardly  crime; it is perpetrated by sex.

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I am sorry if I confused you. My post was a rhetorical question directly correlated to what was said in Golden Triangle's post, " . . .  I wonder how often rape occurs in marriages or long term relationships ? . . . . Far too many men believe it is their God/Buddha given right to have sex anytime they damn well please . . . " neither statement connotes consensual sex to me; in fact, they are synonymous with forced sex, dare I say even rape. Whereupon I retorted, " . . . You mean you have relationships with women who do not have sex with you when you want  . . ."  as in, are you one of those too many men?

No I am not, I have a very loving relationship with my long standing GF, I have never forced myself onto women and never will. Glad we sorted that out :jap:

Archived