School won't report student attack due to "loss of face", claims sister of young victim covered in blood

webfact

School won't report student attack due to "loss of face", claims sister of young victim covered in blood

p8.jpg

Picture: Kapook

NAKHON PATHOM: -- An elder sister of a boy attacked and robbed in the toilets at school  said that the school would not report the incident to "avoid loss of face".

A picture of her brother in PE kit covered in blood was posted on the Facebook page of Nuchanart Ketphet.

The sister said that the school, in Nakorn Pathom, had told the boy's parents not to report the matter, reports Kapook.

She said that following the incident - in which her brother was robbed of money and a phone - the school quickly got the maids to clean up the blood evidence.

Only when the parents heard from a concerned teacher their son had been hurt and rushed to the school did they put him in an ambulance and seek proper medical attention for his head injury.

Asked about CCTV the school said that they had it but it wasn't working. According to the Facebook poster when the parents asked why it wasn't working a teacher said: "I don't know, go and ask the camera".

"How can a teacher speak like that?" she asked. "They are just covering everything up to avoid losing face. But they should be protecting students when at school not just giving them an education".

Source: Kapook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-16

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when the parents asked why it wasn't working a teacher said: "I don't know, go and ask the camera".

They do have a sense of humour, these Thais.

If only they had a sense of responsibility, duty of care, and all other silly Western notions that don't put self advantage at the forefront of every action.

Idiocy and immorality not only alive & kicking, but ruling the roost completely ?

The good thing now is that the amount of face they'll now lose will be tenfold and will require villains to be unmasked.

Hope the young lad is ok and gets some kind of justice anyways now

If I ever decide to move back to Thailand, I'm going to open a CCTV repair shop.  Seems like there would be an almost endless amount of jobs.  

This is how I imagine most police investigations go:

Cop:  We're investigating a crime that was committed here and I see you have a CCTV camera.  Does it work?  

Property Owner:  Do you want it to work?  

Cop:  I don't know.  You never know who might be on the video and how high up they may be.

Property Owner:  Let me go check.  

BAM!!

SMASH!!

BAM!! BAM!! 

Property Owner:  Sorry CCTV no work.  Broken. 

17 minutes ago, DLang said:

They do have a sense of humour, these Thais.

If only they had a sense of responsibility, duty of care, and all other silly Western notions that don't put self advantage at the forefront of every action.

If the teacher would have said that to me - and I was Thai, you know, because for sure as a farang I would go to jail - I would beat that teacher within an inch of their life.  

Then I would tell them, "Now, I'm going to ask the CCTV camera if it saw any of that.  Funny, na?"  

4 minutes ago, digibum said:

If I ever decide to move back to Thailand, I'm going to open a CCTV repair shop.  Seems like there would be an almost endless amount of jobs.  

This is how I imagine most police investigations go:

Cop:  We're investigating a crime that was committed here and I see you have a CCTV camera.  Does it work?  

Property Owner:  Do you want it to work?  

Cop:  I don't know.  You never know who might be on the video and how high up they may be.

Property Owner:  Let me go check.  

BAM!!

SMASH!!

BAM!! BAM!! 

Property Owner:  Sorry CCTV no work.  Broken. 

I thought about this too.  We could go into partnership 

I can see the hesitation to admiting that you have working recording cameras in the toilets, if they are being used in a compromising manner by someone.  Other wise I would want to visit the camera site itself and have a repair man come and check it out.

The government employees who wear brown uniform remind me of the old superman comic strips, bullets bounce off, he rescues and helps a few but the bad guys seem to always show up in the next print out or in this case  school year.  They seem to hold themselves in a god like figure and expect the public to do the same.

What is it that is said about sin and vanity?

something tells me that if the school was run by the local folks..... like in the USA for instance.....

we would either be reading a slightly different story...

or more likely....  never even be reading such stories... and endlessly it seems at that...

maybe?

ooops, forgot!  I'm a farlang and I don't understand Thailand. now that's not a maybe.

Yep..blur the kids shirt school emblem out to avoid a defamation case. Sick. 

Hope this school is named and shamed. 

Thai teachers happen to do all manner of nasty **** to students and get away with it. Try it as a foreign teacher and end up in jail. Thai parents really need to stand up to these bullies. Nothing will change otherwise. 

1 hour ago, DaveE13 said:

When her parents asked why the CCTV wasn't working a Teacher said " don't know go and ask the camera"    what a mature answer from a teacher to say. Idiot 

LO SO behaviour , shameless and cruel as well towards the victim and his family relatives.

( one would consider to punch the same teacher straight away since its not gonna be reported ...?)

1 minute ago, thetruth revealer said:

LO SO behaviour , shameless and cruel as well towards the victim and his family relatives.

( one would consider to punch the same teacher straight away since its not gonna be reported ...?)

Yes agree 100%

1 hour ago, slapout said:

I can see the hesitation to admiting that you have working recording cameras in the toilets, if they are being used in a compromising manner by someone.  Other wise I would want to visit the camera site itself and have a repair man come and check it out.

Simply having a camera outside of the bathroom which was functional would help there. You wouldn't be able to see what is happening inside, but if an incident like this happens you will know who was in the bathroom when it happened.

3 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

When her parents asked why the CCTV wasn't working a Teacher said " don't know go and ask the camera"    what a mature answer from a teacher to say. Idiot 

The teacher is Thai, so he is mature as Thai, and intelligent as the courses he provides

4 hours ago, webfact said:

But they should be protecting students when at school not just giving them an education".

Strikes me that this article demonstrates that the protection given to the students is on a par with the level of education provided in schools in Thailand.

4 hours ago, digibum said:

If the teacher would have said that to me - and I was Thai, you know, because for sure as a farang I would go to jail - I would beat that teacher within an inch of their life.  

Then I would tell them, "Now, I'm going to ask the CCTV camera if it saw any of that.  Funny, na?"  

Oww, why did you hit me?

I don't know, go and ask my fist.

Archived