School won't report student attack due to "loss of face", claims sister of young victim covered in blood

webfact

Hey SLB  I really  do,   as I have  been married to my Thai wife,  for  17  years  so  far

and  with  all the  visits  to BKK  and Thailand  since  I  started  in  the  late 80s,,,  I

think  I  know  the  difference.  So  SLB  ... has  any  of your  Thai  relatives  been

raped   by  a  teacher??  Power  is a  bit  too  much  for  lots  of  people  and

so  is authority.  Respect  should  be earned,  and  not  abused.   just my  thoughts...

Geezer

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I consider face to be the greatest act of cowardice, that a person can engage in. It is the complete inability to deal with a problem, and face the world. It is the equivalent of a turtle putting his head into his shell, and pretending there are no problems in the world, and that you have not been the cause of any problems, grievances, or troubles. It is the complete polar opposite of anything Buddhist, or spiritual. It is the opposite of reflection, introspection, or looking within for the source of the problem. It is a scourge on the face of Thailand. It solves nothing. It is an act of an emotionally undeveloped child.

I despise face. It holds this country back on so many levels. Face up to your problems. Behave like a man or a woman. Grow thicker skin! Stand up. Fess up. Admit guilt. Take responsibility. Be a responsible citizen. Who cares what people think, anyway? 

I doubt if the victim could return to this school given the position of the teacher involved and the free assailant(s) unless the matter is investigated and justice applied . It seems that a criminal act of robbery with violence has been carried out and the teacher involved is equally guilty by their coverup stance . It makes you wonder how many similar events happen that do not come to the surface .

In Australia CCTV cameras are not allowed in toilets change rooms etc in the workplace I understand that this also applies to other establishments 

In this report and while the school's actions are deplorable why did the parents not report the incident to the police and other authorities themselves.

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

In Australia CCTV cameras are not allowed in toilets change rooms etc in the workplace I understand that this also applies to other establishments 

In this report and while the school's actions are deplorable why did the parents not report the incident to the police and other authorities themselves.

I guess that if the parents had reported it to the police etc they would find themselves in a bit of a dilemma if their son was to stay at the school , having gone against the schools wishes . What we need to know is was the head teacher informed of the event because if not it is readily resolved with the dismissal of the coverup teacher and the suspension / expulsion of the culprit(s) . However if the head teacher was informed , well that is another story . 

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I would imagine that the CCTV camera in question monitored the area around the entrance to the toilets rather than the toilet itself.

I also imagine that the police would not be in the slightest bit interested, unless the complaining parent was "someone of substance", in which case the school would have already acted, "to save face".

As was said a few posts ago, "face" bedevilled this society in so many ways.

18 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

Until the junta ban all social media

Possible...., not likely.  They can't effectively manage their own online presence.  Social media is a steamroller that can't be stopped in the face of attempts to oppress.  It's been proven many times in recent years.   

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, DLang said:

They do have a sense of humour, these Thais.

If only they had a sense of responsibility, duty of care, and all other silly Western notions that don't put self advantage at the forefront of every action.

Yes , I do believe you are right , after thirty plus years involved with Thailand, its always been me first then wallet, they can become very selfish when the heat is on

On 12/16/2016 at 9:14 PM, Artisi said:

Assume you mean coke as in drink and maybe you did just wake up "no drugs, not too much crime"  - where have you been the past 6 years :post-4641-1156693976:?

well. here .. and getting more and more disappointed, yes ...

How could loss of face be an issue here?  Except in a real physical sense according to the photographic evidence. 1. You'd have to be an idiot to entrust your children to a school like this, so parents are unlikely to worry about losing face; 2. You'd have to be an idiot to work in a school like this for the same reason, thus no face to lose as well. 3. Logically, the owners are earning money from or through the same idiots, so why would they worry?  The children sent to this cesspit for an education? Obviously no-one cares, so no worries about them or how they value 'face'. Laughable that the parents would have been given a sale pitch about investing in their children's futures before signing on the dotted line.

On 12/17/2016 at 0:11 AM, digibum said:

I think part of the problem lies in why there are so many snowflakes to begin with.  The schools don't go running to the police because they like running to the police.  They run to the police because they're afraid the parents will sue the school into bankruptcy.  I'm sure if it were left to the teachers, they would love to beat the snot out of a lot of the kids :-)

But today, a child acts up, the parents defend the child's behavior, perhaps medicate their kid, and demand that he get special treatment.  

This is one area the General could really get brownie points for by genuinely doing something.  Including using Article 44 to prevent people suing for libel if what the person said was demonstrably true.  This would even the playing field a bit for genuine whistle blowers.

On 12/16/2016 at 9:14 PM, Artisi said:

Assume you mean coke as in drink and maybe you did just wake up "no drugs, not too much crime"  - where have you been the past 6 years :post-4641-1156693976:?

Here, I was here. Well maybe I was dreaming 555

Archived