Krabi village inundated with fly swarms

snoop1130

Krabi village inundated with fly swarms

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_20161216164449160_DjAMmWgeOYZxEmmJhLkTlowXTkFoEYMIINUujBYy_jpeg.jpeg

KRABI:-- Locals have appealed to authorities for help after thousands of flies infested their homes and neighborhood this week.

Villagers in Pru Dindarn sub-district, Khlongthom District say the source of the flies is a chicken farm located about 100 meters from their village. 

“The flies have caused a lot of trouble for us as they swarm everywhere inside our houses. We have tried using insect repellent, but it doesn’t seem to be working,” a villager reported to the Klongthom Damrongdhama Center.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Krabi-village-inundated-fly-swarms/66004?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-12-16

We have a similar problem caused by a mushroom farm just 200 metres up the road.  The owners have stated that if we (us and neighbouring houses) wish them to stop growing mushrooms, then we must pay them.  No such thing as planning permission here.  When we built the house 11 years ago, the site was just a glade in the forest.  Up to 3 years ago everything was good, but now it's impossible to sit on my patio having a quiet beer without a plague of flies coming to join me.  So not just rubbish dumps are responsible.

We have had a month of misery a few times when the farmers have spread chicken shit on some land near the house, pretty much prevents cooking and eating at home. I also saw the same problem at a relatives who lived near a pig farm. It was 24/7/52 for them and a miserable situation.

Archived