Mum dobs in daughter and her "monk" boyfriend after gossiping neighbors push her over the edge

rooster59

Mum dobs in daughter and her "monk" boyfriend after gossiping neighbors push her over the edge

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQyNS8yMTI5OTQyLzI5MzM5Ni5qcGc=.jpg
Image: Sanook

KANCHANABURI:-- A mother in Kanchanaburi could stand the gossiping neighbors no longer. She reported that her own daughter was living with a monk - and they even had a four year old child together.

Local authorities and soldiers in the Tha Muang district went to a house where the door was open. Inside was Phra Asa Siritharo, 29, with 20 year old Chanida.

Chanida said that they had known each other for a long time - her orange robed suitor always slept over.

Also in the room was drug taking paraphernalia. She said it belonged to a friend. But both tested positive for drug use when their urine samples registered the tell tale purple.

She was taken to the police station.

Phra Asa was taken to a Buddhist monk lodging area 500 metres away where he had a room. Here the soldiers found 20 mobile phones, Buddhist amulets and other property. There were also a lot of Thai ID cards.

They could only conclude that the errant monk had been involved in theft.

He was taken for immediately defrocking then was detained for prosecution.

The couple had been reported to the authorities by the girl's mother who made a complaint. She said that she could take the tittle-tattle of the neighbors. who knew full well what was going on, no longer.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-17

So the soldiers found 20 mobile phones, amulets, and I.D. cards and the police concluded the monk was involved in theft ?

WOW !! Thai police are so smart,  I wish I was clever like them

Of course they could all have been donated like Dhammakaya temple by his devoted followers ( or partners in crime )  

Mobile phones are traceable.

One would have thought the police might have done a little investigating. But that would take effort so it went into the "can't be bothered" basket.

It seems being a monk can be quite the profitable line for the unskilled and indolent.

2 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

:"dobs in"  

I must say I've never heard this phrase before.  I'm going to use it every chance I get now!

It's common enough in the English language, esp Oz Eng.

'To dob someone in' is an expression that came from English boarding schools of old & most probably had a military connection at some stage.

It means to tell someone in authority about a person who is doing wrong.

US gangsters called people 'stoolies' (stool pigeons )

Londoners use the term grass which in rhyming slang is 'cat's arse' also known as a Bertie.

Bertie Smalls was a small time London villian who grassed up his local associates to the Old Bill (police)

4 minutes ago, SidJames said:

'To dob someone in' is an expression that came from English boarding schools of old & most probably had a military connection at some stage.

It means to tell someone in authority about a person who is doing wrong.

US gangsters called people 'stoolies' (stool pigeons )

Londoners use the term grass which in rhyming slang is 'cat's arse' also known as a Bertie.

Bertie Smalls was a small time London villian who grassed up his local associates to the Old Bill (police)

Where I come from, 'cats arse' does not rhyme with 'grass'. :post-4641-1156694572:

Archived