Diver Found Dead With Mysterious Throat Wound

rooster59

8 hours ago, lucifer666 said:

I would assume that "Backpack" is probably a jacket style BCD ( Buoyancy Control Device) (Stab(ility) Jacket).

And the 1500B cash was coins used as a weights???

What puzzles me is there seems to be no breathing apparatus yet he is wearing a wet suit, something not necessary unless intending to be in the water for a very long time as the water is quit warm all year round.

I guessing drug smuggling and a falling out with other smugglers... 

14 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

I don't envy the police on this one. In some way or another, foreigners seem to cause a lot of work for the Thai police in one way or another - victim or cause.

You could say murder victims cause a lot of work for the Thai police!

I hear you, the families of foreign murder victims do demand more explanations and investigations than the Thai police want to expend to solve the mysteries. CCTV seems to be their best, if only tool of investigation, unfortunately.

The west has the 'first 48' hour rule to crack a case. I wonder how long the police here push before the case is considered cold.

15 hours ago, SidJames said:

A PM will show the contents of his last meal & if there are traces of someone else's skin under his finger nails assuming there was a fight, he may not have even seen this coming.

Forensics run DNA analysis in Thailand? I haven't heard a news story where someone was convicted from DNA evidence, but I haven't been here long either.

Most unusual story. If there is an update/progress would someone update the thread?

It does seem to me life has very little value in Thailand; alot of terrible stories of people dieing in unusual and unnatural circumstances. Also lack of interest by the authorities in solving them? Do we have to accept that mass tourism must also mean lots of unusual deaths of foreigners, which are often not properly investigated/brought to final conclusion?

8 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

Forensics run DNA analysis in Thailand? I haven't heard a news story where someone was convicted from DNA evidence, but I haven't been here long either.

That poor couple who were murdered in Koh Tao last year (I think) & the 2 young burmese lads who were convicted of their murders using DNA evidence although it seems that the police had decimated the crime scene which would have made the evidence inadmissible in normal circumstances.

Most people that I've spoken to including Thais don't believe that these lads did the crime but were fitted up to cover the tracks of someone connected to local hierarchy.

All hearsay of course but confidence in local law enforcement is extremely low both here & abroad.

23 hours ago, dave moir said:

Amazing they don't know how he died ! throat cut but not sure ? 

Just because his throat was cut does not necessarily mean that was the cause of death.  Hence the reason for an autopsy.  It may well be that it was but why do many jump to conclusions, it is because of the obvious?  Of course it is extremely suspicious but let's wait for the finalisation of the autopsy before unleashing the TV detectives. :wai:

On 17/12/2016 at 9:35 AM, captspectre said:

in the interest of helping the all knowing thai police, allow me to present a possible reason, MURDER!

I would not rule out suicide just yet.   Once the Thai police investigate a bit further they may turn up compelling evidence to support a theory that he cut his own throat.

Archived