Two women attacked in road rage over high beam lights

rooster59

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This caused an oncoming driver to get annoyed. The driver turned round and chased them knocking them off their bike.

They were then repeatedly attacked with their own crash helmets.

They suffered severe injuries including swelling on the brain.

That's more than insane. Even when many car drivers seem to forget to switch to low beam, a motorbike light doesn't put you in complete darkness. 

My "weapon in form of two extra high beamers" usually reminds them, because they don't see much.

They should lock this guy up and throw away the key. 

13 hours ago, trogers said:

The assailant must have been high on booze or meth...

Or just an emotionally stunted, angry Thai.

Their culture of emotional repression and society creates angry, frustrated, timebombs.

Sad, really. :(

Let's hope these two make a full recovery, and the angry Thai is caught and not just fined 500 baht. 

3 hours ago, Usual Suspect said:

Is it a new thing..? Is it a growing thing..?  The fact that Thai men think they can quite freely hit/rape/attack women here nowadays... what about the menfolk in neighbouring countries?

Look how this became a news item. Facebook sharing. Violence against women has always been not uncommon in Thailand and throughout Asian countries.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

The police will do nothing unless it's in their interests.

I think the above pictures posted on social media will push the BIB reset button at least temporarily

There is little to go on I am afraid. The only hope is that the guy thinks he is above the law and shoots his mouth off and a concerned citizen turns him in. Well of to buy a lottery ticket. 

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Seems to be a lot of angry Thai people about lately,and the smallest

thing can set them off,especially on the roads,

regards worgeordie

when you consider that at least 50% of them earn a living from one scam or another - corruption etc - they are now faced with the prospect of actually having to earn an honest living many of them, their little and large empires are being slowly dismantled - in say that, I don't see it any more angry than it was 10 years ago although social media has brought it to the fore.

12 hours ago, losworld said:

Give em attempted murder locke em up for 20 years.  where were the bystanders?

you are exactly right, the only way to combat this violent self serving violent justice is to come down hard, eventually they will realise that it won't be a 500baht fine anymore and think twice

13 hours ago, djayz said:

Bet they won't "forget" to turn the headlights down again... 

i wouldn't count on them remembering to turn off high beams at least when theres no oncoming vehicles. learning and awareness seem to be abstract concepts and mostly theoretical.

a thai friend told me a story (i dont know if its true) it goes like this. at the time the language was introduced wise men said having a language will help but there will be those who will only learn if rockes are thrown at them.

i am not defending the women being assaulted

14 hours ago, trogers said:

Could be due to those zombie movies...or violent games on PC or smartphones

you're describing vicarious learning...often touted in psychology...but reality has proven vicarious learning to be a sham...especially in the areas of media, games, and movies, vicarious learning has no effect whatsoever...most likely, the assailant was just a stupid and entitlled sociopath...which are surprisingly common in Thailand and certain ethnic communities elsewhere

4 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

This is awful, anyone without their 'head in the sand' knows this place is full of psychopathic nut jobs, with barely contained rage bubbling away just under the surface. I hope the ladies make a full recovery.

On the use of lights among the general driving population, why does everyone drive around with their fog lights on? This just as annoying and dangerous as forgetting about your high beams from time to time.

No what is more annoying and dangerous is those drivers who drive without lights when it is dusk or dark, or one who i saw last night who had no lights showing at the rear and brake lights not working but when i pulled alongside him at the traffic lights his headlights were working

They need some road edicate here.

Where I come from and other places:

If a car or bike comming at you with the high beams on, a quick flash of you high beam and they turn them off. Some times people just forget.

If someone forgot to put their lights on, turn your lights off on quick to tell them.

If going down the highway in broad day light and someone flashes their lights at you...means there is cop is ahead with a radar gun.

If a big transport truck is passing you you flash your lights to let him know he is clear to move over.

No one gets angry about thsee signals. Just common sense.

Of course you get the odd brain.dead that comes up behind you with their high beams on. I do have a answer for that but it borders on road rage and will leave it at that.

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Seems to be a lot of angry Thai people about lately,and the smallest

thing can set them off,especially on the roads,

regards worgeordie

Yes there is maybe a 300 baht minimum wage could do that. Seems like the Hi-Sos fly off the handle too though so I don't know, maybe life is just getting too complicated.

14 hours ago, DM07 said:

Jeeeeeezussss!
He literally went "the extra mile" because he was annoyed over 5 seconds of light in his eyes?
What a braindead idiot!
Hope they find him and lock him up!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

that's too harsh!.i would lock him up and install high beams pointing at him 24/7 on opposite cage so he "lightens up"!

16 hours ago, berybert said:

Why are you giving this low life piece of scum an excuse ?

Being drunk or drugged up should never be accepted as an excuse for this kind of behavior. Individuals who commit crimes while under the influence should receive an additional punishment on top of their sentence.

This would act as a much-needed deterrent and encourage people to think twice before over-indulging in substances that can so easily turn a Dr Jekyll into Mr (or Mrs) Hyde.

Archived