good experience with Dr. Somboon and his knife

orang37

right on the money  0 37, Doc Somboon is top draw,had  melona cut out  of my right shoulder at RAM a few yrs back,and only recently he cut BCC out of my right lug at BKK hospital,both sucessfully and have retained my very handsome looks,

very happy that u have been given the same professional service,and that a full recovery is on the way

its a  U2 early evening to all

• Like 2

6 hours ago, orang37 said:

p.s. for those of you who may not already be aware of what a bargain quality medical care can be here:  Imagine the cost if, in the USA, you (as private payer) were to see the best plastic surgeon in your state, and be in an OR with the surgeon and a support team of four ...  getting surgerized for 90 minutes: the cost inclusive of all charges pre- and post- op, and after-care visits ... I bet it would be at least 8 times more than I paid here.

Always amuses me how amazed Americans are at this.. When Europeans would have no direct bill at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Always amuses me how amazed Americans are at this.. When Europeans would have no direct bill at all. 

fyi: the "typical" American would have some form of health insurance; my comment was qualified by the term "private payer;" that refers to someone who pays the entire amount, usually because they do not have insurance.

1 hour ago, BarnicaleBob said:

Orang37, may I ask what the total cost of this surgery was?

I do not wish to say because cost, and modality, of treatment will depend on a host of individual factors, type of cancer, stage of cancer, lymph node involvement, location, your age, personal and family history, current health, etc. 

It's possible the good doctor sensed that an Orang soul-mind co-habits with the human in this body, and may have given me a discount based on that.

cheers. ~o:37;

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I find it funny how people are not allowed to describe their bad experience with Dr Somboon.  He had done exactly the opposite of what I had agreed, I made a thread on this forum, and then it was deleted.

Also some people should have to freedom of speech should they not !?

Lets see what happens to this one !  Then we shall see who made the mistake !  Amazing what you can do if you can control thousands of different IP addresses !!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wandering Roller said:

I find it funny how people are not allowed to describe their bad experience with Dr Somboon.  He had done exactly the opposite of what I had agreed, I made a thread on this forum, and then it was deleted.

Also some people should have to freedom of speech should they not !?

Lets see what happens to this one !  Then we shall see who made the mistake !  Amazing what you can do if you can control thousands of different IP addresses !!!

Dude, this is a privately owned forum and thus no freedom of speech guaranteed.  You're right, though, and they should really make it clear that Thaivisa is heavily censored.

• 5 months later...

A few days ago at his private clinic, Dr Somboon quoted me the aforementioned “all-in” price for elective plastic surgery - which I found more odd than comforting…  He added that because Rajewej Hospital has become such a hub for Medical Tourism, he would require payment up front in US dollars because the hospital no longer takes Thai Baht.  Has anyone else been made aware of this fascinating development?

28 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

A few days ago at his private clinic, Dr Somboon quoted me the aforementioned “all-in” price for elective plastic surgery - which I found more odd than comforting…  He added that because Rajewej Hospital has become such a hub for Medical Tourism, he would require payment up front in US dollars because the hospital no longer takes Thai Baht.  Has anyone else been made aware of this fascinating development?

Some kind of misunderstanding?

Difficult to swallow that the hospital no longer takes Thai Baht.  Can anybody really choke that down?

5 hours ago, MamaSan said:

Definitely a misunderstanding. 100%.

Medical Tourism?  555

Better to go to Kuala Lumpur. 

So far, I have not been that impressed with medical care here and I am not able to freely share my experience(s).

A lot of functional incompetence.

My experiences with dental care has been wonderful.

Careful with the good doctor. He chopped a chunk out of my cheek and before and after had a lot of words on minimizing the scar which he did well. Not a word about the result that the flesh on the sides of the scar make an easily noticeable step, one side higher than the other. Not the result I expected from CM's top plastic cutter.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

• 4 weeks later...