German man, 31, in ICU following fight with Phuket security guards

webfact

1 minute ago, Strange said:

So for being nothing more than obnoxious, he deserves a beatdown, traumatic brain injury, slandered in the news, on TVF, and the 3 Thais get to walk? 

Sorry man, other than you being obnoxious yourself, I don't agree. 

Nobody has walked yet, the case is still being investigated.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, George Graham said:

People who say"dude" tend tô be secure, together, live and let live, hey, what the hell, cool. I don't see any of that in your post.

Furthermore, in my experience, people who say "just saying" are NEVER just saying. They are always trying to make a point. So GR what's your point?

My point was unfortunately the one you didn´t find, during the assesment of everything else you seem to be totally familiar with.

Nobody here knows exactly what took place, all pure assumptions.

The guy is stupid .. it was his birthday and he has ended up in hospital. I am sure he could have avoided confrontation that only excalated. 

These situations can go very wrong and expats often die as a result. I hope at 31 he's learnt a valuable lesson.

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

Nobody here knows exactly what took place, all pure assumptions.

Actually there is a whole lot we do know. 

The only real unanswered question is who threw the first punch.

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I hope at 31 he's learnt a valuable lesson.

I hope at 31, he does not have permanent brain damage from 3 idiot Thais and I hope regardless that the Thais have some form of punishment but I seriously doubt it. 

Not a good ideal to go drinking in a red light district late at night, get drunk and argue about the bill

The bouncers they use at some places here should be kept on chains like rabid dogs but some people go out of their way to create problems and all over a 2000 baht bill

Wont do it again unless he's stupid which could be true

18 hours ago, Strange said:

Yep. That wouldn't be good for Thailand's reputation. 

3 Thais vs 1 allegedly drunk foreigner. Blood clot, brain hemorrhage, possible head surgery. 

Little chickenshits. 

This "Restaurant" with 3 bouncers. Really? Only places I ever been that had bouncers - had them for intimidation. In other words, knowingly doing illegal things, and if you complain or create a scene, you get 3 20ish year old fighting age thais telling you "This is Tai-lan, you must pay"

What a joke this country can be. 

do you live here - if so why?? there must be some where else in the world you can afford to live where you dont so clearly hate the locals?

The level of violence that some Thai's so quickly turn bothers me - but I keep my cool when driving (most of the time) dont get really drunk in Patong and avoid taxi's / tuk tuks and jet ski's - they turn on each other more than they turn on falangs - just keep out of their way - it is not hard.

and as this guy was drinking with his friend - it was 3 v 2. 

13 hours ago, Grubster said:

No but are the reported circumstances true? And if they are would you think nearly killing the guy that you just over served  would be the proper thing to do?

Killing a guy under ANY circumstance aint right.

But stupid, aggressive, high nosed  behaviour when drunk silly, would definitely not bring you a good nights sleep, either.

(Not a very complicated formula, isnt it?)

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Actually there is a whole lot we do know. 

The only real unanswered question is who threw the first punch.

I hope at 31, he does not have permanent brain damage from 3 idiot Thais and I hope regardless that the Thais have some form of punishment but I seriously doubt it. 

In real 3+1 idiots

10 hours ago, Strange said:

completely reported in the news and undisputed even by the media, is that 3 Thai males beat on the poor guy to the point of brain injury

would you like to quote me the bit in the press where this stated - undisputed?? 

I know a guy 25+ years ago had his pocket picked by a thai kid - he caught him, punched him once - the kid fell back hit his head on the curb a died. that's a fact. - one punch to the face.

where is this guys friend a) during all the fighting and B) why has his statement not been taken - reported. Come on Gazette and News - get hold of this guy! 

would you like to quote me the bit in the press where this stated - undisputed?? 

I know a guy 25+ years ago had his pocket picked by a thai kid - he caught him, punched him once - the kid fell back hit his head on the curb a died. that's a fact. - one punch to the face.

where is this guys friend a) during all the fighting and B) why has his statement not been taken - reported. Come on Gazette and News - get hold of this guy! 

A guy I used to work with did just the same, was offered 'outside' by a lad in a pub, punched the lad once, head hit the ground, lad dead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

There are many details missing from the story- but let's say the German threw the first punch. What would be the action a bouncer should take in that case?  It would not be an attack by 3 bouncers beating a patron senseless to the point that he is hospitalized in serious condition. One can meet force with reasonable force.  To me, the force used to subdue him was not reasonable. If he threw the first punch- he is guilty of  assault and the bouncers are guilty of aggravated felony assault. The German should be fined- the bouncers fined, jailed and fired.

It is also obvious whoever the owner is needs to get new security staff because his current employees are trouble. The purpose of security is to defuse a situation with the least amount of force and commotion and get it off the premises. The bar should be closed for a period of time as a deterrent against this happening again at this place or others.

The problem is in your own country you can go out and get pissed and if you were to hit a bouncer you might get a couple of good slaps and a nice black eye from a couple of the bouncers.

Over here there are different rules ,they will stomp on your head and invite other bouncers from a few bars up to join in.

So that's one aspect where Thai leads the U.K..Plus their Prisons where it's Hell not Hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

17 minutes ago, roo860 said:

A guy I used to work with did just the same, was offered 'outside' by a lad in a pub, punched the lad once, head hit the ground, lad dead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Australian test cricketer, David Hookes, was killed by a couple of bouncers in Melbourne who followed him 50 meters away from the pub. His head hit the curb, he never woke up. He was drunk and aggressive, but no match for a couple of young Serb bouncers. 

Amazingly they were found not guilty!

Someone getting punched and falling down banging their heads and dying are freak accidents, unfortunately these things happen from time to time, in the David Hookes case the judge probably decided that there was no malicious intent. But this Thai penchant for stamping on the heads of fallen victims, which is what likely happened with this recent Phuket incident, is a different matter altogether. We've all seen the recent CCT vids of Thai men stomping on the heads of children. So deaths or permanent damage cause from head stomping are not freak accidents, they are murder or attempted murder and harsh penalties need to be brought in to bring a stop to this barbaric behavior by Thai savages.

2 minutes ago, TSF said:

Someone getting punched and falling down banging their heads and dying are freak accidents, unfortunately these things happen from time to time, in the David Hookes case the judge probably decided that there was no malicious intent. But this Thai penchant for stamping on the heads of fallen victims, which is what likely happened with this recent Phuket incident, is a different matter altogether. We've all seen the recent CCT vids of Thai men stomping on the heads of children. So deaths or permanent damage cause from head stomping are not freak accidents, they are murder or attempted murder and harsh penalties need to be brought in to bring a stop to this barbaric behavior by Thai savages.

Another wild assumption.

You have no evidence to prove this.

58 minutes ago, George Graham said:

OK didn't find it, help me out dude - what was your point?

Sure, I will seriously give it a real good try. Unfortunately that is just one mission I think is hopeless and absolutely no point at all in.

However, the point was just that there is a lot of distrust all the time against Thai people, and a lot of complaints from many people that moved and trying to live their life here. Being so irritated over things all the time can create an unhealhty life with a lot of stress and no happiness. Just can´t imaging myself living with a mindset like that in a country together with the people that comes from there. Maybe I am stupid, but I really thought that moving to another country or retire in the same, was something that was supposed to bring happiness to the person that moves. Not something that always should create negative posts, comments and remarks, but maybe that is the new lifestyle that people are searching for. Move to another country and try to find as many wrongs that you can during the rest of your time on this planet. 

I hope you get what the point was now, if not I will refer to the first line in this post and consider myself right from start. Off course that does not mean that you have to agree with me. Life is different for everybody, and maybe I am just a silly person complaining about something totally irrelevant to you.

12 hours ago, ravip said:

Killing a guy under ANY circumstance aint right.

But stupid, aggressive, high nosed  behaviour when drunk silly, would definitely not bring you a good nights sleep, either.

(Not a very complicated formula, isnt it?)

I agree that stupid aggressive high nosed behavior is not good but it is fairly normal in a place that makes their living off of these type of people. I don't think it is ok to beat the customer that they make their living off of into a coma. If it were legal to say which bars act like this they would soon be out of business.

On 12/19/2016 at 3:30 PM, Strange said:

The story of the drunk is no less credible than the Thais that put the sucker in the hospital with a blood clot in his brain. Witch, buy the way, its very unlikely from a few punches to the face. More likely from being foot stomped, kneed, elbowed, or hit with a blunt object. 

And thats precisely the view the Thais and the Media want to do believe. Besides, getting aggressive requires a beatdown? Shiiit more like a couple man-children couldn't stand losing face to a foreigner. Its patong, they could have just gotten the police over. 

I don't buy it at all. Not yet anyway. Thai males of fighting age acting as a "Security Guard" for a restaurant in Patong?

Nope. Im more inclined to believe that they padded his bill, he got mad and was vocal about it, and they beat him down. Rather than he just randomly sucker punched a Thai security guard during a "Discussion" that the media & police report, without a shred of evidence, other than what the "Security Guards" say. 

Mmmm.and going by the same evidence you have your theroy and are sticking to it.Does kettle,black,have any meaning to you.

On 12/19/2016 at 4:05 PM, Ralf61 said:

and those with guests who are nothing but losers in their home countries but behave as the big ones in Thailand. And they have no idea about "loosing face" as they never got ones

Obviously, I too have no idea about "loosing face" as I too consider myself not having one to "loose".

This is a strength in Thailand......not a weakness and I've lived here for decades.

You want to play a game without fully knowing the rules, be my guest.

On 12/19/2016 at 5:50 AM, atyclb said:

yesterday ate korean food at an upscale bkk mall restaurant. there were just maybe 5 or 6 customers and my waitress was serving on the side i was sitting as the only customer. she took my order and brought the 1 entree ordered for 150 baht. water is given complimentary korean style.

i asked for the check and she brought it to me. it was 340 baht. i asked her again how much. she confidently repeated 340 baht. next i ask her how many plates i ordered and the price of each. after actually looking at the check that had 3 dishes she was able to painfully use the functional neuron to figure out that bill was wrong.

it didn't occur to her even though she was my server and took my order and brought me a single dish that she might have known the price of.   their education system does not teach them how to think. in a similar fashion it might be difficult for so called security guards (low education) to know when to stop fighting or start.

Were you speaking to the waitress in her native Thai? 
If not...then she was likely just mentally translating what you said...hence the delayed reaction.

On 19/12/2016 at 7:23 PM, Strange said:

The only people that claim he threw the first punch were the group that put the guy in the hospital. The people that beat the shit out of the guy are the ones claiming that he threw the first punch. 

On what planet is that objective police work or reporting? On what planet is that a credible group of witnesses?

I like this criticism of IMHO, but we will never know the answer to that opinion either. The point is, the likelihood is very high, given the parameters of my experience and those of others, that it went that way. Ask yourself, how often do you know of that you have checked a bill and found it wanting in their favour and let it go at that, thinking I'll keep better tabs next time. Usually the girls/ waitresses or whatever are going to benefit.

So our reasoning goes, why make a fuss a fight? Why fuss at all. This is really the point.

Just as the dangers of Australian beaches should be advertised on air flights in to the country, I think there is a message that needs to be conveyed coming into Thailand. Their friendliness belies a nature, like other apparently passive civilizations, for example Indonesia, when the locals get pushed too hard things can get really nasty and very quickly.

11 hours ago, copa8 said:

Were you speaking to the waitress in her native Thai? 
If not...then she was likely just mentally translating what you said...hence the delayed reaction.

conversation only in thai. menu she gave me just thai and korean

the more proficient one becomes in the language the more one realizes many issues are not language barrier related

I hear through the grapevine he was smashed in the head with a heavy steel bar stool. Skull is smashed into many pieces. Senseless violence causing such horrific injuries. One man v many guys, can't they just beat him old fashioned style? Jesus.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Archived