Not the sharpest tool in the shed - Thai man filmed cross-legged on phone on his motorbike

webfact

Not the sharpest tool in the shed - Thai man filmed cross-legged on phone on his motorbike

p7.jpg

Picture: Kapook

BANGKOK: -- A Thai man with an apparent death wish was filmed on his motorbike in the traffic - he was sitting cross-legged, hands off the handle bars playing on his phone.

A video of the plonker was posted on the Facebook page of Surasak Somjaipongtham who said the man was going fast on a big road in traffic.

Many netizens who commented on the inappropriate behavior quoted the Thai proverb: Mai hen long sop, mai lang naam taa.

This might be translated as "the coffin did not shed a tear" and is used to refer to daft actions and their inevitable dire consequences.

But we at Thaivisa just prefer to refer to him as hardly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Source: Kapook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-19

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is obviously a doctored video. What does this guy have, cruise control on his bike? 

I don't know about modern bikes but my old Triumph had a throttle adjusting screw to stop the engine slowing down when giving hand signals. Way before flashing indicators came on the scene. 

1 hour ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I saw one last week laid back with his hands crossed behind his neck ( no helmet obviously) going flat out along soi bearing not far from the BTS station.  The telling thing most of the Thai pedestrians were pointing and laughing. Says it all really.

What do you expect them to do? Write a strongly worded post on TVF? :smile:

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This is obviously a doctored video. What does this guy have, cruise control on his bike? 

I had one on my Big bike back home. Simple little lever to lock the throttle on the handle bar. Was great on real cold mornings to be able to warm your hand near the cylinder heads. Only used it on the highway.

Archived