BKK Swampy Re-entry Permit location inside security

Wake Up

So, after making themselves reasonably easy to find these past few months, they are now going to revert to the previous arrangement of hiding themselves away in some obscure spot in some ill-signposted immigration departure zone, are they?

A typical TIT move aimed solely at causing the maximum inconvenience and hassle possible to those needing re-entry permits, it looks like to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2017 at 1:43 PM, SaintLouisBlues said:

Where is "Immigration Departure Zone 2"? If I'm departing through Thai Airways First/Business Class dedicated channel how do I get to it?

It's the centre immigration entrance in the terminal, near the Thai cattle class check-in.

Talk to the attendants at the First/Business check-in they'll sort you.

23 hours ago, siam2007 said:

That this thing is now PAST the immigration desk where you have already been stamped out is certainly not appreciated

And, certainly prior to what turned out to be its temporary relocation to the main departures hall, I was never able to detect anything even vaguely resembling a re-entry permit office/desk, either before or after being stamped out of LOS!

• 1 month later...

Just got it done yesterday..  Confirmed it is now open 24/7   The counter is located inside immigration departure hall 2   i.e. after you have cleared the security check... just take escalator down the hall and you will see is a big board which you can't miss.  1000 Baht for single entry.  Takes about 15 mins per passport.   Thought they would stamp the exit on my passport also to skip the queue.. but nope.. you got to get in the queue to do that yourself..

re-entry.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just checking. I assume no news is good news and the Re-Entry Permit Counter is still at "Immigration Departure Zone 2" as above. Also that they take a photo and use their form there. Is a photocopy of passport needed?

Will be using the service shortly on an SETV. Any update much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 9:22 AM, boriga said:

Just checking. I assume no news is good news and the Re-Entry Permit Counter is still at "Immigration Departure Zone 2" as above. Also that they take a photo and use their form there. Is a photocopy of passport needed?

Will be using the service shortly on an SETV. Any update much appreciated.

I'll find out tomorrow!

17 minutes ago, oporhatch said:

Whilst on this topic - do you have to get the re-entry stamps at the Airport  -  or can you obtain the re-entry stamps at any immigration office 

regards

Richard

Any immigration office will do the deed and it is the recommended way as it is cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

why cheaper, i would have to get on the sky train 41 baht, then boneshaker bus, 52 10 baht then moto taxi, 30 baht to the office, so in fact that is 92 baht, one way,  multiply by 2 that is 184 baht, so i have saved 16 baht.  last time i went it took most of the day and the journey was over one hour.getting there, just sayin !! ( that is if the permit is1200 at Swampy.)

How much is a re-entry permit if done at the local Immigration Office?

single?

multiple?

It's a simple TM-8 form plus a photograph isn't it?

I don't know how current this information is but I found this:

To apply for a re-entry permit, you will need:

Passport with a valid Thai visa (you cannot get a re-entry permit on a 15- or 30-day visa exempt stamp)

Copies of the photo page, current visa page, and immigration departure card

Copy of extension stamp page (applicable to Non Immigrant Thai visas)

Re-Entry Permit application (form TM.8) that is provided at your local Thai Immigration Office

One 2″ x 2″ passport photo

1,000 baht for a single re-entry permit; 3,800 baht for a multiple re-entry permit; cash only

If you decide to leave Thailand without first securing a re-entry permit you will subsequently end your visa. You’ll have to go through the entire process of getting a new visa unless you have more entries left to use, as in the case of Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) or multiple entry Non Immigrant visa.

See here.

@ubonjoe can you please confirm?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently needed two re-entry permits. First was obtained after checking in, with boarding pass, after security check, before passing immigration control at BKK. Clearly signed desk at back corner. Only took 10 mins.

Second, in Hua Hin, this week. Did it at Bluport basement immigration office, very quick, less than ten mins.

Both times you just need passport (and boarding pass at BKK), they take a photo and supply forms etc. Cost in HH was Bt1,000 all inclusive, in BKK Bt1,000 plus Bt200 for photo and forms.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2017 at 2:54 PM, Jai Dee said:

I don't know how current this information is but I found this:

To apply for a re-entry permit, you will need:

Passport with a valid Thai visa (you cannot get a re-entry permit on a 15- or 30-day visa exempt stamp)

Copies of the photo page, current visa page, and immigration departure card

Copy of extension stamp page (applicable to Non Immigrant Thai visas)

Re-Entry Permit application (form TM.8) that is provided at your local Thai Immigration Office

One 2″ x 2″ passport photo

1,000 baht for a single re-entry permit; 3,800 baht for a multiple re-entry permit; cash only

If you decide to leave Thailand without first securing a re-entry permit you will subsequently end your visa. You’ll have to go through the entire process of getting a new visa unless you have more entries left to use, as in the case of Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) or multiple entry Non Immigrant visa.

See here.

@ubonjoe can you please confirm?

I did get a re-entry permit here back in January.  As I am departing again soon, found your post informative as to what copies are needed.  Will confirm later this week after I go through this process.  

15 hours ago, metisdead said:

I did get a re-entry permit here back in January.  As I am departing again soon, found your post informative as to what copies are needed.  Will confirm later this week after I go through this process.  

I did exactly that at the Immigration office in Jomtien last month.

Over and done with in 15 minutes without a hiccup.

I would imagine that the same would apply at Swampy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 3:05 PM, Toshiba66 said:

So we have one person saying you need photocopies of passport info and a photo and others saying you do not need them. Which is it? Can we get some accuracy on this please?

As with most such things with Immigration, it all depends on (a) the particular officer you deal with at the re-entry permit counter, and (b) more importantly, which side of the bed they got out of that particular morning.

On 28/09/2017 at 10:08 PM, OJAS said:

As with most such things with Immigration, it all depends on (a) the particular officer you deal with at the re-entry permit counter, and (b) more importantly, which side of the bed they got out of that particular morning.

I don't believe this to be true.

Ok. I have just left Swampy with my re-entry permit so I can explain it.

After check in go to zone/area/entrance B which is at the end of Row J.

Head up the escalator and around through x-ray.

Head out of there and back down the escalator to passport control and you will see the signs for re-entry permit.

The counter is straight ahead in the far left corner.

Give them your passport and boarding pass. That is all you need.

They do the paperwork and take your photo for you. You do not need your own photo or any photocopies of anything.

Sign the document they print for you after your photo has been taken.

Pay the 1200 baht for single. (Not sure the cost for multiple)

Wait about 10 minutes in a seat in the waiting area while they process it.

They then hand back your passport and boarding pass and off through passport control you go.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:04 AM, Toshiba66 said:

Ok. I have just left Swampy with my re-entry permit so I can explain it.

After check in go to zone/area/entrance B which is at the end of Row J.

Head up the escalator and around through x-ray.

Head out of there and back down the escalator to passport control and you will see the signs for re-entry permit.

The counter is straight ahead in the far left corner.

Give them your passport and boarding pass. That is all you need.

They do the paperwork and take your photo for you. You do not need your own photo or any photocopies of anything.

Sign the document they print for you after your photo has been taken.

Pay the 1200 baht for single. (Not sure the cost for multiple)

Wait about 10 minutes in a seat in the waiting area while they process it.

They then hand back your passport and boarding pass and off through passport control you go.

The cost for a single reentry permit is 1000 baht.

Turn up with a completed form with your pic and give it to the girls (who are not immigration officers) at that counter and you will only be charged 1000 baht. 

You are being charged 200 baht to be provided with the form and take a picture. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just checking if the operating hours at Suvarnabhumi for Re-entry permits is still 24-7 as I have a midnight flight later this month.  Also checking that the location of the Re-entry desk is in Immigration Zone 2.

FYI This older page from AOT/Suvarnabhumi states it is open 5am to 00:00hrs and then on the same pages states "The immigration arrivals zone 2 Service 24hrs"

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/1001-suvarnabhumi-re-entry-visa

Pretty confusing if you ask me. ;)

Thanks for any advice!

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 4.20.46 PM.png

On 11/4/2017 at 4:13 PM, emanphoto said:

Just checking if the operating hours at Suvarnabhumi for Re-entry permits is still 24-7 as I have a midnight flight later this month.  Also checking that the location of the Re-entry desk is in Immigration Zone 2.

FYI This older page from AOT/Suvarnabhumi states it is open 5am to 00:00hrs and then on the same pages states "The immigration arrivals zone 2 Service 24hrs"

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/1001-suvarnabhumi-re-entry-visa

Pretty confusing if you ask me. ;)

Thanks for any advice!

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 4.20.46 PM.png

Yes sir 24/7 on both Swampy and DM

Archived