BKK Swampy Re-entry Permit location inside security

Wake Up

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 4:59 PM, Lakegeneve said:

The cost for a single reentry permit is 1000 baht.

Turn up with a completed form with your pic and give it to the girls (who are not immigration officers) at that counter and you will only be charged 1000 baht. 

You are being charged 200 baht to be provided with the form and take a picture. 

That is exactly correct.  BYO form and fotos and you pay the same as at immigration office.  It IS one more thing to worry about/remember to do before your trip so if you forget, it only costs you 200 extra.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, josephbloggs said:

Does anyone know if this is available through the Fast Track security / departure area?  If travelling out business class do we need to use the standard (queue-tastic) regular security and check in?

Ok, I can now answer my own question in case it helps someone else.  Short answer - yes it is available, the difference is you get your re-entry permit after you have already stamped out of the country rather than before.

You need to use the Priority Lane security in Hall 2 (it is signed), pass security then go through immigration and get stamped out.  Once you pass through turn left and walk all the way along behind the immigration counters until you get to the re-entry counter.  It is the same counter as in economy but you are approaching it from behind rather than from the front.  Once done you just walk straight out into departures.

I allowed myself an hour but the whole process took about seven minutes from approaching the desk to getting my passport back with a multi entry stamp in it.  Very well organised and efficient.

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Ok, I can now answer my own question in case it helps someone else.  Short answer - yes it is available, the difference is you get your re-entry permit after you have already stamped out of the country rather than before.

You need to use the Priority Lane security in Hall 2 (it is signed), pass security then go through immigration and get stamped out.  Once you pass through turn left and walk all the way along behind the immigration counters until you get to the re-entry counter.  It is the same counter as in economy but you are approaching it from behind rather than from the front.  Once done you just walk straight out into departures.

I allowed myself an hour but the whole process took about seven minutes from approaching the desk to getting my passport back with a multi entry stamp in it.  Very well organised and efficient.

Last time it took 1 1/2 to 2 hours in BKK CW. Will try to get next multi entry permit at Swampy. 

20 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Last time it took 1 1/2 to 2 hours in BKK CW. Will try to get next multi entry permit at Swampy. 

Yeah, it was surprisingly simple and quick.  You don't need to do anything either; just write down your address and sign the completed form (they fill out the form for you) - that's it.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 7:09 AM, josephbloggs said:

A dumb question, but is Hall 2 the exit in the middle of the building or the one one furthest away from the Thai check in?

I might try this and save myself the drive to CW.

11 hours ago, theoldgit said:

A dumb question, but is Hall 2 the exit in the middle of the building or the one one furthest away from the Thai check in?

I might try this and save myself the drive to CW.

It's the one in the middle.  Definitely much less hassle than driving to CW.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Do all international travelers exit thro Hall 2 at BKK airport? What are the other halls for and does it affect ability to get  re entry permit if not going thro Hall 2?

It's up to you which hall you choose. Normally you just go to whichever one is closest to your check in counter (or whichever one looks quieter). But Reentry permits are only available in Hall 2.

I used it on Monday and I have to say they were really nice, friendly and polite. I asked them to put my stamp quite a few pages back in a space I found as my passport is nearly full. They even made a note of the page number and not a problem. Then once I received my passport back the guy said to follow him and he stamped me out of the country with a smile! They used to make you go and join the immigration queue but now it seems they stamp you out themselves. 

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

That sounds great thanks. I think I will give them a try instead of wasting all day going to CW to get a Re entry.

Yeah, it is a million times easier than going to CW.  I have done it at the airport 3-4 times now and it's never taken more than 10 minutes.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:07 PM, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, it is a million times easier than going to CW.  I have done it at the airport 3-4 times now and it's never taken more than 10 minutes.

This is correct.  Be smart and have everything filled out with your photo and you'll save 200.  If you don't or forget they do it for you for 200 extra, no worries.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:07 PM, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, it is a million times easier than going to CW.

This sounds very tempting. I presume since its located after air carry bag security that one cannot apply until after check-in with airline, so at whim of airline as to when they open for check in? Do normal check in only start 2 hours before flight so we have to rely on not too big a queue at the re entry counter so as to get enough time to get flight. I would happily go 4 hours before the flight to avoid the trip to CW, but I think we are limited to just two hours? Anyone confirm please?

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

This sounds very tempting. I presume since its located after air carry bag security that one cannot apply until after check-in with airline, so at whim of airline as to when they open for check in? Do normal check in only start 2 hours before flight so we have to rely on not too big a queue at the re entry counter so as to get enough time to get flight. I would happily go 4 hours before the flight to avoid the trip to CW, but I think we are limited to just two hours? Anyone confirm please?

That depends on the airline.  If flying TG the desks are open all the time so you can check in when you want.  Emirates is also usually available as they have so many flights per day.  But the airlines with only one or two flights a day only man their desks before their flights and it varies by airline - some three hours, some two hours.

But I wouldn't worry, the re-entry permit has never taken me more than 10 minutes.

Archived