Which place in Thailand is it easiest to get work with a TEFL?

jumpzone123

Bangkok for me is a piece of cake but my documentation is solid and I have experience. Last April I had four schools bickering over me for 38.5-45k.

If you have no degree, I think everywhere is going to be sketchy and in the end, accounting for visa runs and hidden costs I'd be surprised if you break even.

Call up all those dubious agencies on Craigslist and have a go.

Poor kids.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2016 at 7:13 PM, otherstuff1957 said:

^^^^Exactly the opposite.  It's easy to get a job in Bangkok, but it's hard to find work in attractive tourist spots.  If you don't have a BA/BS you would probably have to head out to the depths of deepest darkest Issan to find work!

The depths of deepest Isaan might be more fun than some tourist spots. 

No experience,  no degree with only a TEFL and being white doesn't really get you jobs anymore. You could find work through agencies or crappy schools, but since you will be working "illegally", not really hired with the correct work permit for teaching, it would be a temporary fix. You couldn't really make a career out of it.

20 hours ago, crickets said:

depends on how old u are. if u r under 30 qnd white you can walk into most places and get a job. language schools have a really high turn over and are generally deperate for teachers.

Why do you think they have a high turnover rate? Because they hire unqualified people who have no business in the field and then treat them like garbage. 

Don't encourage the OP to make a huge mistake that will offer him no chance for progression or stability.

10 hours ago, crickets said:

depends on how old u are. if u r under 30 qnd white you can walk into most places and get a job. language schools have a really high turn over and are generally deperate for teachers.

Not in the long run. 

3 hours ago, Honthy said:

Krabi, Pattaya and Chiang Mai are not easy at all. The rest of Thailand you can get a job easily.

You need BA degree to have Work Permit unless you follow Filipino way. 

Could you be more precise, please? What does follow Filipino way mean? 

5 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Could you be more precise, please? What does follow Filipino way mean? 

I work for teacher placement agency part time. Everybody knows what I mean. Should you do not know, just ask any farang teacher close to you ;-)

5 hours ago, zeichen said:

Why do you think they have a high turnover rate? Because they hire unqualified people who have no business in the field and then treat them like garbage. 

Don't encourage the OP to make a huge mistake that will offer him no chance for progression or stability.

if u can take the bullshit on the chin you can make a lot of money at language schools. easy 50k take home and more.

Im sorry, but 50k a month is not a lot of money especially for all the work you have to do to earn it.  You also have to work like a dog at language schools. So before you give advice to someone to change a career or start a life in a foreign country, perhaps you should give them advice that will help them survive not get stuck in a crap situation.

Archived