fresh turmeric rhizome

gingerandtabby

Very easily confused with ginger, as it is in the same family. I use it (dried and ground in a powder) in a paste with (virgin) coconut oil and scramble eggs in it. I've read where it needs the heat to open it up.... Add to your hearts desire, other ingredients (onion, garlic, potatoes, etc...) A wonderful elixir in its' own right. One of those....magic foods/supplement/herbs, etc....may long you live! pg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2016 at 7:13 PM, passingas said:

Very easily confused with ginger, as it is in the same family. I use it (dried and ground in a powder) in a paste with (virgin) coconut oil and scramble eggs in it. I've read where it needs the heat to open it up.... Add to your hearts desire, other ingredients (onion, garlic, potatoes, etc...) A wonderful elixir in its' own right. One of those....magic foods/supplement/herbs, etc....may long you live! pg

Also taken with black pepper (Piperine) increases the absorption rate.

https://examine.com/supplements/black-pepper/

1 kg Turmeric powder 1,400 B

60 capsules Turmeric 80 Baht  (weight is approx 39g total)

60 capsules Galangal 80 Baht

60 capsules Finger Root 100 Baht

All of the above are home grown, organic, sun dried.

60 capsules Cinnamon 80 Baht, store bought bulk powder, unknown origin.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Where can one buy this and black pepper?

Thanks

read what rebo and kaptain rob posted.   rob gave me a recipe long ago  :   turmeric plus ginger plus lemon grass plus a cinnamin stick....and a little ground pepper.   boil for about 15 minutes  

the cumin should be cumin cha ..... fairly small and can be bought at larger thai markets but have to go around looking for it.   A few pieces can last a while as about a teaspoon (grated) is enough for one pot.

turmeric....kamin chan.jpg

also,  they will try to sell you cumin that is already a powder ( in a bottle).   Get the fresh stuff if you can.

if you see some ginger ask them        "mee cumin cha....  mai krap "

Archived