Changing from Non-B to Ed visa

My current visa is a 1 year non-b multiple entry. The Enter Before date is coming up in about a week. If I leave Thailand and come back before the Enter Before date, I will get 90 days more stay. I plan on studying Thai so my next visa will be an Education visa. Even though my visa will be expired, can I apply for the Education visa before the 90 days are up? Or do I need to get the Education visa before the Enter Before date?

Edited by jakow

6 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • Yes you will get another 90 days if entering on or before the 'enter before' date.
  • Yes you can apply for an extension of stay within the last 30 days even though the visa has expired.

An extension of stay based on education when the entry was on a Non-B visa? I think the OP will need to leave and get a single entry Non-Ed visa first before any extension.

4 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

An extension of stay based on education when the entry was on a Non-B visa? I think the OP will need to leave and get a single entry Non-Ed visa first before any extension.

That depends upon the immigration office he has to use. There is no reason he should be extend his 90 day entry from the non-b visa.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the immigration office he has to use. There is no reason he should be extend his 90 day entry from the non-b visa.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The school said I should go to Laos to get the education visa. So it sounds like there's no problem with getting the ed visa during the last 90 day entry of my non-b visa, even though the Enter Before date is passed. Right?

7 minutes ago, jakow said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The school said I should go to Laos to get the education visa. So it sounds like there's no problem with getting the ed visa during the last 90 day entry of my non-b visa, even though the Enter Before date is passed. Right?

Yes

• Like 1