2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, geronimo said:

and my question to the famous five is this,'

What do you think is the meaning of life?

(An easy one to start with)

I don’t believe there is meaning to life.  We are just like every other living creature on this tiny planet.  We are born, we live and then we die.  We are a lot more destructive than most inhabitants but when we are gone nature will find a balance again.

1 minute ago, villagefarang said:

I don’t believe there is meaning to life.  We are just like every other living creature on this tiny planet.  We are born, we live and then we die.  We are a lot more destructive than most inhabitants but when we are gone nature will find a balance again.

you beat me to it.

3 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

1 minute ago, Naam said:

you beat me to it.

I still plan to enjoy the time I have here but I am not under the illusion that any of it makes any difference, except to me perhaps.

2 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

A truly Buddhist reply, and I would expect nothing less from a man who is so close to mother soil.

I said I was going to sleep on it but I only took a nap and afterwards the answer was obvious.

I'll say again that all candidates in this years poll are most worthy and each brings useful and helpful things to the forum, the best line up I've seen yet.

But this is a Thai forum in Thailand, my logic suggests the poster who wins should be the one who contributes most in the context of Thailand.

I therefore vote for Villagefarang.

Just now, sipi said:

Dear POTY finalists.

My Winter lettuce have developed underleaf black spotty mildew. 

Should I spray them with a mild copper sulfate solution?

Not being on the list, I would kindly suggest that you refrain from doing anything that might contaminate the produce.

1 minute ago, chiang mai said:

I said I was going to sleep on it but I only took a nap and afterwards the answer was obvious.

I'll say again that all candidates in this years poll are most worthy and each brings useful and helpful things to the forum, the best line up I've seen yet.

But this is a Thai forum in Thailand, my logic suggests the poster who wins should be the one who contributes most in the context of Thailand.

I therefore vote for Villagefarang.

A wise choice Sir. Welcome to the land of sanity.

3 minutes ago, sipi said:

Dear POTY finalists.

Should I use natural rubber or neoprene washer on the hot water inlet of my washing machine?

Neo works well, especially with lots of friction, and it doesn't hurt when you rub harder and faster.

IMPORTANT QUESTION!

IF you click SHOW RESULTS before you cast a vote to show results, are you still able to cast a vote at all? In the old software, I think that showing results resulted in a null vote and you couldn't vote unless you DELETED your vote, which wasn't actually a vote. In this software, of course you can't delete your vote, or null vote.

THUS this very important question. :stoner:

Edited by Jingthing

JT never gets involved until the preliminaries are over. Expect more input as he shapes your values and perceptions. But of course, you know it makes sense, and if you aren't sure, a posting holiday might make you see the logic.

6 hours ago, geronimo said:

The obvious answer would be,

How much light can you afford, and who is the subject, and how important are they?

Barely a 40 Watt bulb in this room much of the time to be perfectly honest.

Hell when some enter it dims even further.