BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Phuket visa run van wipeout: 3 dead, 7 injured

Excellent example of why not to build a house so close to main roads. RIP 

brainless maniacs behind the steering wheel, avoid as much as possible to sit in a mini van in this country

hmmm.....there's nothing you can say about this sort of thing in this place...stupidity does come to mind though

Still amazes me why anyone takes these visa run buses when it is so easy and much safer to fly out to do visa run.  RIP to the unlucky souls who lost their lives.  

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

RIP

changing Thai drivers will always be an uphill struggle, lots of reasons,  lack of enforcement of traffic rules, drivers hours, road design, and more important the 'Professional" drivers mind set

use sec 44 to bring the immigration laws up to date and stop all these border runs.

Professional drivers mind set in Thailand ??  :cheesy:

First they have to learn to think, not just do what they want

These guys go WAY TOO FAST !!!

I won't use them They are dangerous

If they changed the immigration laws they could make a few baht and avoid this altogether. It is dangerous, and a great inconvenience to people who add to the Thai economy. Hopefully ASEAN will deal with this one day.

4 hours ago, oilinki said:

It wouldn't solve the issue, which is the culture of road traffic in Phuket. Pure selfishness on the roads. Speeding and overtakings in corners, overtakings in high speed on the left... 

They are muppets. Hope the driver died..........slowly

RIP the dead!  One other factor rarely mentioned is the ridiculous soft light policy adopted in Thailand. Very often one is driving as if without lights on, when in reality one is on dipped headlights  but to no effect!

The only way I can ever see myself getting into one of those minivans is if I was on my way to the madhouse, because that is where anyone who uses them belongs :)

Slid huh... that's it? Hmmm....  Obviously a high speed accident.  One, day we'll all wake up to headlines, that police will now take full responsibilty for enforcing speed laws and......(wait for it).............. proper chauffeur licenses for vans and other public transport drivers.

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Wow.  That's a nasty looking crash.  They should close that company down.  Unfortunately, it'll just pop up again under another name. 

I'm glad my visa run days are over after having endured many scary visa run trips to the Cambodian border.

33 minutes ago, nycjoe said:

If they changed the immigration laws they could make a few baht and avoid this altogether. It is dangerous, and a great inconvenience to people who add to the Thai economy. Hopefully ASEAN will deal with this one day.

Visa runs are already becoming scarcer with the introduction of new border run restrictions.

'Heavy rain to blame' 
Not thai driver being usual idiot in poor conditions !

5 hours ago, oilinki said:

It wouldn't solve the issue, which is the culture of road traffic in Phuket. Pure selfishness on the roads. Speeding and overtakings in corners, overtakings in high speed on the left... 

You really think it's peculiar to Phuket? This is Thailand, with Thai driving culture.